The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Am I the only one who finds it hard to go back to FF games pre FFVII and other RPG's with similar aesthetics these days?

7 is cool..wayyyy too easy tho

I beat 6 when I was 8 years old with out much trouble.. 9 is breezy too

Am I the only one who finds it hard to go back to FF games pre FFVII and other RPG's with similar aesthetics these days?

FF4 on DS helps a little, but yeah I agree to a certain extent.

They need to do a proper 6 remake on 3ds :nerd:

Last edited:
You give me these 15 games and nothing else for the rest of my life, I feel like I wouldn't be that sad.

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Final Fantasy IX

3. Wild Arms 2

4. Legend of Legaia

5. Final Fantasy VI

6. FInal Fantasy Tactics

7. Vandal Hearts

8. Suikoden II

9. Grandia 2

10. Secret of Mana

11. Valkrie Profile

12. Persona 4

13. Chrono Cross

14. Dragon Quest VIII

15. Legend of Dragoon

Gamer wives and wives accepting/understanding of gaming :pimp:

When my wifey started beating me at Madden and 2K, it was a wrap :wow:

My sister in laws both still have the mindset that only kids play video games :smh:

I couldn't imagine my husband and I not gaming together. I love watching him play The Division and he watches me play GTA or Uncharted.

You give me these 15 games and nothing else for the rest of my life, I feel like I wouldn't be that sad.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy IX
3. Wild Arms 2
4. Legend of Legaia
5. Final Fantasy VI
6. FInal Fantasy Tactics
7. Vandal Hearts
8. Suikoden II
9. Grandia 2
10. Secret of Mana
11. Valkrie Profile
12. Persona 4
13. Chrono Cross
14. Dragon Quest VIII
15. Legend of Dragoon

How dare you not include Symphony of the Night :lol:

Since we're doing lists...

1. Final Fantasy VI - GOAT

2. Final Fantasy IX

3. Final Fantasy X

4. Final Fantasy VII

5. Final Fantasy IV

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy IX
3. Wild Arms 2
4. Legend of Legaia
5. Final Fantasy VI
6. FInal Fantasy Tactics
7. Vandal Hearts
8. Suikoden II
9. Grandia 2
10. Secret of Mana
11. Valkrie Profile
12. Persona 4
13. Chrono Cross
14. Dragon Quest VIII
15. Legend of Dragoon
How dare you not include Symphony of the Night
laugh.gif
Yea although FF IX is my favorite PS1 game, SoTN is the best PS1 game hands down.

I beat 6 when I was 8 years old with out much trouble.. 9 is breezy too
FF4 on DS helps a little, but yeah I agree to a certain extent.

They need to do a proper 6 remake on 3ds :nerd:

I just remember in 7 if u got into any type of trouble (which was extremely rare) u could just summon the eidolon or use the special attack (forget what it was called) and u would win every battle..had amazing storyline/characters/music tho

12 had the hunt club and rare weapons/armor..u had to put in work..never got old to me

laugh.gif
 I thought 15 was plenty until I got to like, 12, and had to cut out a bunch. 

SotN is an amazing game, but I was going with JRPG's.

Last edited:
I just remember in 7 if u got into any type of trouble (which was extremely rare) u could just summon the eidolon or use the special attack (forget what it was called) and u would win every battle..had amazing storyline/characters/music tho

12 had the hunt club and rare weapons/armor..u had to put in work..never got old to me

There are some tough parts in 7, that dude in the safe in the Mansion is tough if you don't know what you're doing...

Yuffie side quest can be tough too if you're not on the right level :nerd:

Did you beat yiazmat in 12? That gets old :lol:

Last edited:

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Final Fantasy IX

3. Wild Arms 2

4. Legend of Legaia

5. Final Fantasy VI

6. FInal Fantasy Tactics

7. Vandal Hearts

8. Suikoden II

9. Grandia 2

10. Secret of Mana

11. Valkrie Profile

12. Persona 4

13. Chrono Cross

14. Dragon Quest VIII

15. Legend of Dragoon
Crazy thing is, I have a good amount of these games and have never played or finished some of them for various reasons i.e. Chrono Trigger (load times on PS1 are terrible), Wild ARMS 2, Legend of Legaia, FF Tactics, Suikoden II, Grandia 2, Persona 4, Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon
sick.gif

Yea, Yiazmat had 50 million health I think. I never beat him myself, but watched my friend do it one night. Took him like 2+ hours of cheesing the boss around one of the supports in the arena. 

Alot of 8 and 16 bit games need a healthy dose of nostalgia to stomach playing them again. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You all have made my last hour of work enjoyable.. I wish I could buy us a pizza :smokin

There are some tough parts in 7, that dude in the safe in the Mansion is tough if you don't know what you're doing...

Yuffie side quest can be tough too if you're not on the right level :nerd:

Did you beat yiazmat in 12? That gets old :lol:

Lollllll I'm not playing 12 hours to beat him ..no thx

I still didn't get the dagger dropped by Larvae Eater or a lot of other weapons/armor..

I just run around cerobi..never beat the game

I'll be back in about an hour crying that I don't know how to change out my hard drive..

BRB...

Back
Top Bottom