The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I never even played FF12 :wow:

I haven't played a FF since FFX-2 0]

It's really really dope..they should have waited a yr and released it on PS3 Xbox360..i think it would have drawn more attention

Last edited:
Alot of 8 and 16 bit games need a healthy dose of nostalgia to stomach playing them again. :lol:  

Glad it's not just me. I hear people talk about a lot of the PS1 and SNES RPG's that I missed but going back to them at this point is almost impossible.
Even some of the ones I've played like Breathe of Fire 1 and 2 are hard to go back to even though they were great.

Gonna watch chrono trigger videos now..never played..maybe I will buy it for iOS

2000 was a great year. Chrono Cross and FFIX coming out within three months of each other :pimp:
rejoice.png

IMO they have the best OSTs oat

Hows this gonna be your overworld theme :x

So do I need to DL the newest firmware on a flash drive or something before I switch this hard drive?

Edit: I think I figured it out :lol:

Edit again: Says my update file cannot be used?

Last edited:
2000 was a great year. Chrono Cross and FFIX coming out within three months of each other :pimp:
rejoice.png

The Squaresoft golden age.

I'm about to whip out the PS1 right now and play Chrono Cross.

Last edited:
The fact that you got fooled by THE GREAT NINJA YUFFIE means you aren't ready for FF7. Go home Jules.

I was like 13 bruh
Yuffie dat ***** :smh:

First time getting her, I got got 2 times before I figured it out.

FFVII came out January 31, 1997. I was 8 when it drop. That's so crazy. I remember the commercials. I remember my Uncle getting the game thinking it was going to be like a side scroller then giving it to me cause it was "Lame". I replayed the Shrina Office part so many times because I didn't have a memory card. Man. #Nostalgia

The FF7 nostalgia is everything.. I love how smart some of you young gentleman are :smokin

Never had a chance to finish FF XII because my PS2 died and was traded in with all games for my first 360. I'll have no choice but to beat Yiazmat because I have to play that game.

It's actually easier for me to replay SNES 16 bit games than it is to replay PS1 games. Them polygons :x

Never had a chance to finish FF XII because my PS2 died and was traded in with all games for my first 360. I'll have no choice but to beat Yiazmat because I have to play that game.

It's actually easier for me to replay SNES 16 bit games than it is to replay PS1 games. Them polygons :x

Lol I bought ff9 on PSN for my PS3..I played maybe 1 hour tops..never played it again..worst graphics ever

I'm late but in no particular order....

1. FF 6
2. FF 7
3. FF 10
4. FF 9
5. FF 12

Anybody played Shadow Hearts 1&2 on ps2/ps3?
The Judgement ring battle system was :pimp:

Pre rendered backgrounds though >

pre-rendered-background-1.gif

I think those make the PS1 games hold up a lot more than the 16 bit games.

Last edited:
This week at Bungie we’re preparing to reveal your next adventure.

You’re invited to learn all about the next threat that you’ll confront as Guardians.

Destiny Reveal Stream
Thursday, June 9th, 10 AM Pacific
TWITCH.TV/BUNGIE

Most Likely this:

View media item 2055716
[rule]

Gran Turismo Sport: Watch 20 Minutes of New 1080p/60 FPS Gameplay on PS4 and Plenty of Screenshots

Today Sony Interactive Entertainment broadcasted the announcement event for GT Sport in Japan from the Hikarie Hall in Shibuya, Tokyo.

The event saw the participation of former Formula 1 and Super GT driver Ukyo Katayama, who currently directs the Super GT team Goodsmile Racing & TeamUkyo (known among gamers due to the Hatsune Miku livery), and current Super GT GT300 class championship leader Jann Mardenborough, who is one of the many professional drivers who used to be a gamer and made it to professional driving via GT Academy.

Of course the event came with quite a bit of racing, which you can see in the video below. We get two laps at the new Tokyo Expressway track (at the 00:51:50 mark), two laps at Brands Hatch (at 01:02:00), and one lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife (at 01:11:54). The best thing is that, differently from the event in London, Sony could take advantage of the high Japanese upstream speeds to broadcast at 1080p. 60 FPS, resulting in much better image quality.

The last race had a particularly exciting finale, as the competitors were quite close for the whole race, with a crazy four-wide finish on the 2 Km-long Döttinger Höhe straight, ended with a breathtaking braking challenge on the last few corners.

You can see it 01:18:30 and marvel at the level of control displayed. Japanese presenters abuse the definition “kami play” (godly play) a lot, but in this case I’d say it’s appropriate.

That Nurburgring ring was so good. I had no interest in watching the race but if they're this good and with commentators I'm on board.
Race below for those who want to watch or skip to end where they're 4 wide down the straight.

Screenshots

View media item 2055717
View media item 2055718
View media item 2055719
View media item 2055720
View media item 2055721
View media item 2055722
View media item 2055723
View media item 2055724
View media item 2055725
View media item 2055727

Only Japan gets the Apex book: again. :smh:

Last edited:

It's actually easier for me to replay SNES 16 bit games than it is to replay PS1 games. Them polygons
sick.gif

Pre rendered backgrounds though >

pre-rendered-background-1.gif

I think those make the PS1 games hold up a lot more than the 16 bit games.
The backgrounds hold up well but the characters looks like trash. I think FF VIII is the worse. I don't know what the deal was but I felt like FF VIII took a step in as far as graphics go. That said, I think I probably have more nostalgia towards the SNES era than I do the PS1 era. I was like 16/17 when I finally played beat FFVII and IX. I played through Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Illusion of Gaia and few others all before the age of 9.

I'm hoping that FF XII HD is a December release. That should give me more than enough time to plat FF XV (assuming there isn't anything too ridiculous) and knock out a few other games like Gears 4, Horizon (if it still releases this year) and whatever else that drops in the fall.

So do I need to DL the newest firmware on a flash drive or something before I switch this hard drive?

Edit: I think I figured it out :lol:

Edit again: Says my update file cannot be used?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-hdd-upgrade-how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-storage

this is a good guide ... i swapped my hdd for a 2tb one this week and it took me an hour or so to actually get it to work ... the important thing is that theres a folder on your thumb drive named PS4 and another folder inside that named UPDATE (both have to be in all caps) with the update file inside ... also if the update file is not around 900 mb in size it's not the right one ... good luck it's worth the hassle

rejoice.png

there was a preview disc that came with vagrant story (another awesome square game from 2000) and it had a sneak peak chrono cross video ... i must've watched that **** 200 times would get me so hype

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom