The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I need a new rpg / jrpg to play. I'm thinking about getting Star Ocean since its half off right now in the ps store. Yay or nay?

I know but if I get the Pro I want to see it at it's best.

Well 4K and HDR is probably better looking but for FFXV the 1080p version with ramped up graphics would probably be up there as well
The build I saw was in desperate need of some upgraded textures so even at 1080p I still want that stable frame rate and better graphics.

We know Tomb Raider has 3 modes on the pro so I'm hoping its the same for FFXV too. A 30fps option but the graphics ramped up.
Either way, a pro will give you a better image.

We can confirm that the reports are correct. Rise of the Tomb Raider has three different modes in the PS4 Pro version only: a 4K30 presentation with HDR support that strikes an impressive balance between visual features and resolution, a 1080p30 mode that ramps up quality settings to the max and an unlocked frame-rate mode for 1080p that sees performance vary between 40-60fps (we assume that this will be down to CPU bottlenecks), rather like Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on the standard PlayStation 4.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-three-hours-with-playstation-4-pro

Although games may not support PSVR, every game can be played with a PSVR correct?

Yes, it has a theater mode with 3 different options to resemble screen sizes from a TV to something like a cinema with the headset on.
Great for the immersion but the screen is 1080p so a virtual screen will have less resolution than watching it directly on your TV

View media item 2185661

Last edited:
I need a new rpg / jrpg to play. I'm thinking about getting Star Ocean since its half off right now in the ps store. Yay or nay?
I logged 8 hours in so far. It's alright so far. Combat system is meh.

Played the demo for DQ Builders. I like it a lot. I think I'm gonna cop on the Vita and enjoy it from time to time

Well there you have it

This site has some new legal wording under the first half that has not been present in their marketing or legal FAQs before this. It states, “Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game download (game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered).”

That code is just for the early access version, come release day that version stops working and you have to install the full game via the code in the box/email if you buy digitally
Makes sense.

I got a chance to play Star Ocean yesterday. I got so busy with side quests, I didn't realize I spent 7 hours playing :lol:

so I spiked my controller in frustration for losing a game in FIFA. the controller still works it longer holds a charge now. Any pointers?! :frown: :smh:

Last edited:
Well there you have it

Makes sense...I think Activision has to be aware that a lot of the people buying this game will be for MW Remastered. I'll give Infinite Warfare a chance...But for sure, I'll be playing MW majority of the time.

Back
Top Bottom