The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

All this XV talk has a brother getting antsy. Trying to hold off til around Christmas in hopes of copping on a sale.

Doing so will make up for the sting that was copping NMS on release day.

Insomniac just tweeted there will NOT be any news on Spider-Man at PSX or The Game Awards. Fine with me if there isn't anything substantial to put out

Last edited:
I played XV for a few hours last night.. don't really care for the combat so far smh..

Game is pretty fun overall though

Insomniac just tweeted there will NOT be any news on Spider-Man at PSX or The Game Awards. Fine with me if there isn't anything substantial to put out
Need to hear that they hired the same dude who designed 2004 spiderman's webslinging.

They'll probably just try to recreate it. I'm sure he only has rights to the code
I highly doubt it, since this next spiderman game isn't the first to try it's hand at webslinging.

Last I heard, the websling designer for 2004's spiderman was trying to get an indie game funded.

Which was based upon his webslinging work from spiderman.

I don't think the game got funded. Basically, you'd play as a girl with spiderman esque powers.

I will not support Marvel's spitefulness if MvC4 does not have Xmen characters. I won't allow them to play with my childhood. Will be completely content with a UMvC3 port. That game just needed 5 more characters on each side which would put the grand total to 60 and honor the insanity of MvC2 with 56.

Anywho, big games dropping this holiday season. Only game I have on PS4 is Street Fighter 5 (bought a PS4 strictly for that game) but now I'm in the market for something to hold me over until Resident Evil 7. Not a FF fan so I'm good on XV, was thinking about copping either Uncharted 4, Last of Us, or wait a couple more weeks (after waiting a decade) for The last guardian since I loved shadow of the colossus soooooo much back in the day. Suggestions?

What if this is FOX being stubborn?

I think Fox owns the movies rights to those characters. Marvel still publishes X-Men comics right?

Last edited:
I wish Marvel could have just rented out those properties they sold. They obviously needed the jumpstart from Xmen, SM, etc, but I feel they could do so much more with those movies than what's been done with them recently. The fact that Deadpool and X-Men can't coexist is a crime

Damn I wanna get this and VR so bad, but my mind is saying wait for the Vive

It's PS VR exclusive for a year.
PS4 Pro will be the best bet unless you can wait.

Need to hear that they hired the same dude who designed 2004 spiderman's webslinging.

They'll probably just try to recreate it. I'm sure he only has rights to the code

Dude patented the mechanic which is why no one used it. It's been 12 years anyway and I trust in Insomniac to do it justice.

Last edited:
Yea I know it's a year which is why it's a tough wait :lol: I'm tryna see those premium graphics. If it's a hit I'll just grab it on PS4 though

Back
Top Bottom