The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You all are harsh on reviews, I'd give XV a solid 9/10. Honestly the only things holding this game back are the main story length and lack of depth in the magic system. The game could have possibly been the GOAT rpg if they could have left it in the oven for another 2 years and expanded on the foundation that's been laid. My biggest hope is that now since they have seemingly struck what I consider to be gold, we can get XVI in a few years instead of the massive wait that was XV. Tbh, I 'm more hype for the next installment of FF than the 7 remake.

GOAT JRPG? I like XV and all but it still doesn't crack my top 3. I do think it'll be the best JRPG this gen hands down.

great review man! i agree with pretty much everything you said. so far my biggest gripe with the game is how it tells its story because it assumes you've watched the movie and the anime which sucks for people who havent done either. i do like the characters interactions with each other. SE really nailed the friendship in the game for me. another problem i have with the game are the side missions since they can feel pretty reptile and a ton of them being fetch quests so i always gotta run back and forth. luckily the game is beautiful and the music is great so it doesnt bother me as much. witcher 3 really ruined side missions for me when it comes to RPGs. the amount of depth in side missions in TW3 makes them all fun to do 

GOAT JRPG? I like XV and all but it still doesn't crack my top 3. I do think it'll be the best JRPG this gen hands down.

Better than Persona? :nerd:

Ni No Kuni 2?
I'm getting Persona 5 but I know it won't be as good as XV to me. Same with NNK 2. I could play a good FF game all day. It's a combination of things like the music, story, lore, battles etc. that make FF so addicting to me. I usually don't even like the music in other JRPGs and that's a huge deal for me.

I'm getting Persona 5 but I know it won't be as good as XV to me. Same with NNK 2. I could play a good FF game all day. It's a combination of things like the music, story, lore, battles etc. that make FF so addicting to me. I usually don't even like the music in other JRPGs and that's a huge deal for me.
i cant wait to get that FF complete edition with all the other games to experience what makes the series so special. still need to play X/X-2 Remaster and Type-0

I'm 32 hours into FFXV and I think I'm level 36 with Noctis.. Love it so far but it definitely has it's issues.

Also finally picked up I am Setsuna.. :smokin :smokin :smokin

Really liking it so far and would definitely place it in my top 5 this year.

Nice to see some guys beating XV. I am still on Chapter 12. Today I finally have some time to put in. Hope to complete it.

I have to say, the story since chapter 9 has really fallen apart... it's actually bothering me how bad it has been. Hopefully alot of unanswered questions get resolved, but even then, I find it very strange how it goes from being so good to so mediocre in the span of a couple hours.

I forgot to talk about the soundtrack of the game. One word. Epic!
It just fits the lore so well and it's one of the things that got me pumped about Kingsglaive as well.

The song that plays when a Summon is coming :pimp:
When I'm about to die and that song starts playing, I was like yea you guys are about to get messed up now. :lol:

Favorite track is this though.
APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS

Repped for that review
Thanks!

You all are harsh on reviews, I'd give XV a solid 9/10. Honestly the only things holding this game back are the main story length and lack of depth in the magic system. The game could have possibly been the GOAT rpg if they could have left it in the oven for another 2 years and expanded on the foundation that's been laid. My biggest hope is that now since they have seemingly struck what I consider to be gold, we can get XVI in a few years instead of the massive wait that was XV. Tbh, I 'm more hype for the next installment of FF than the 7 remake.

I agree. With 2 more years in the Oven this would have been one of the greats. What gets me excited is that with the info they have now and without troubled development, creating an engine from scratch and with everyone focused on developing something great. The next one could be a masterpiece.

I remember reading that this was meant to be trilogy at one point and some parts in the end did feel condensed. I would have liked to know more about what happened to some of the other guys.

The mini games also hasn't grabbed me as much. I only played Justice V once and would probably only go back if I need it for some items.
I still need to go race some Chocobos. I don't even know where to initiate that from.

great review man! i agree with pretty much everything you said. so far my biggest gripe with the game is how it tells its story because it assumes you've watched the movie and the anime which sucks for people who havent done either. i do like the characters interactions with each other. SE really nailed the friendship in the game for me. another problem i have with the game are the side missions since they can feel pretty reptile and a ton of them being fetch quests so i always gotta run back and forth. luckily the game is beautiful and the music is great so it doesnt bother me as much. witcher 3 really ruined side missions for me when it comes to RPGs. the amount of depth in side missions in TW3 makes them all fun to do 

They did nail the characters and their friendship with the road trip aspects and their interactions, even without the anime. I know some where angry that there was no female characters in the team but they nailed that band of brothers vibe with the 4 of them.

Magic in XV is just as bad as the junction system from VIII.

Better than Persona? :nerd:

Ni No Kuni 2?

I don't think Persona 5 or NNK2 will top this for me but their different games and variety is good.
I love my JRPG's and it's only FF I would cave through like this as said before but that being said I'm looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn more than Persona 5 and NNK2.

Last edited:
I'm hyped for Persona 5 because it's a JRPG on PS4 but I don't really have expectations for it. P4G is so damn slow in the beginning that I just can't seem to play it long enough. We talking about hours before your first battle :x

I think I've grown out of turn-based RPGs. I can't replay any of the old FF's unless it's on emulator with a fast forward option. This so far is shaping up to be my second fav FF behind 7 and just ahead of 9. The magic system is the big letdown in this game, it's pretty lazy imo considering they put meteorain in the platinum demo and it also weakens ascension(sphere grid.)

I'm hyped for Persona 5 because it's a JRPG on PS4 but I don't really have expectations for it. P4G is so damn slow in the beginning that I just can't seem to play it long enough. We talking about hours before your first battle :x

Same, I have no expectations for it. Reviews and impressions have been good though and it's a gorgeous looking game.

It took like 2 hours for me to get in the first battle
In FFVII, you hop of a train and thats it battle :lol:

I didn't even get to finish it and now I've forgotten everything about it and will probably have to start again at one point.

Don't think I'll touch it unless i have a long plane ride somewhere

I think I've grown out of turn-based RPGs. I can't replay any of the old FF's unless it's on emulator with a fast forward option. This so far is shaping up to be my second fav FF behind 7 and just ahead of 9. The magic system is the big letdown in this game, it's pretty lazy imo considering they put meteorain in the platinum demo and it also weakens ascension(sphere grid.)

yea, It's hard to go back to turn based now unless its fast paced.
I haven't played a jrpg in ages so dunno how stuff like WOFF or Persona 5 play like but we'll see.

Agreed with the Magic system in FFXV. I barely ever use it. Kind've disappointing because magic has always been such a foundation for FF games. I'm still enjoying the combat system and game overall. Currently about 24 hours in, Level 36 Chapter 10. I got bored of the side quests so I'm probably too weak for how much I've progressed in the story. Compared to some of you guys anyway 
laugh.gif

Nice to see some guys beating XV. I am still on Chapter 12. Today I finally have some time to put in. Hope to complete it.

I have to say, the story since chapter 9 has really fallen apart... it's actually bothering me how bad it has been. Hopefully alot of unanswered questions get resolved, but even then, I find it very strange how it goes from being so good to so mediocre in the span of a couple hours.

I'm only a few chapters in, but yea the story depth isn't there for me. I'm gonna watch Kingsglaive before I power it back on.

Last edited:
After this Falcons game, I think I'm gonna go ahead and finish FF XV. I been grinding quests and hunts all day and I finally went to cash in. Level 76 :lol:

I also forgot to talk about the main Antagonist

Ardyn is definitely up there for me.

Dude was a puppet master from the start.

I didn't know what to think of him or if he was going to be the main bad guy but after killing Luna, boy did things accelerate from there.

This dude planned it from the start and the way he got to be chancellor and planned the whole treaty.

When he dropped that he was in Noctis lineage, my mind was blown.

And my dude had Luna, Regis, Nyx I think and someone else's corpses hanging up there and these dudes have been dead for 10 years.

And he had to die both in the real world and the afterlife and for that to happen everyone basically had to die.

Only thing I don't like about Ardyn are his clothes. Noctis called him a jester and rightfully so :lol:
It was good in a sense that I thought he would have been a mid-game boss and either Ravus or Iedolas would have been the final boss.

I think it's the hat and mini hoodie he has.

Last edited:
Just finished it. Very frustrated by the story and feel several characters motivations are loosely established at best.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed it, even Chapter 13. Ill be playing through all the postgame and DLC content.

I feel like I'm not doing enough. I just got to level 7 and reached the beach area. Should I be a higher level already? 

Back
Top Bottom