The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

FFXV is a good starting point actually.
I know being turn based turned off a lot of people off the earlier games.

Almost did for me too but I played it for myself and couldn't stop.

It was FF7 and I played from the beginning to when you leave Midgar. Mind was blown when I saw the world map.
I called it a night at that point :lol:

The journey in an RPG is second to none which is why it's my favourite genre.

Mario
Turtles tournament fighters
Street fighter
Tekken
Tried rpg. Couldn't get in to it only pokemon

I forgot about Pokemon I messed with that heavy growing up. I was all over Red, didn't finish Gold, and that was pretty much the end of it for me :lol:

If you've never played a FF game, I'm just going to assume your first console was PS3/360/Wii :lol:

What were yall playing on SNES/PS1 for all those years :nerd:

I have a homie that said he can't play games with a story; he doesn't have the patience I guess. I was just like :smh:

I grew up on FF4 and FF6, so I was hooked early on. When I first saw FF7 for PlayStation, my mind was blown. I was in complete awe :lol:

Similar to seeing Mario 64 for the first time.

Last edited:
Might get heat for this

But I think I am enjoying the New Tomb Raider more than Uncharted 4
I enjoyed tomb raider more than uncharted. Being able to upgrade your guns and equipment + learn skills adds a element that uncharted doesn't have.

If you've never played a FF game, I'm just going to assume your first console was PS3/360/Wii :lol:

Mario, tekken 3, spyro, bloody roar, dbz, tomba, scooby doo, crash, tony hawk, and medievil.

I rated tomb raider and uncharted the same score. Tomb raider's combat is better than uncharted. Uncharted's story is better than tomb raider's. All-in-all, I enjoyed tomb raider more since it's slightly non-linear.

So am I the only one who has never played a Final Fantasy game ? .....

Nope. FF

I wasn't heavy into gaming in the SNES/Genesis era. Mostly just played Mario, Donkey Kong, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. I actually still have my SNES :lol:. Wasn't until me and my little bros got a PS1 that I really got into gaming. Mostly fighting games, but also played a lot of platformers, racers, adventure games, etc. Just couldn't get down with turned based games

Last edited:
Might get heat for this

Really, story or gameplay ? I'm playing the first one now and when I compare it to U4, it doesn't hold up for me. I'm like forcing to finish it. I think Uncharted spoiled me so now I'm just being too harsh on TR.

Last edited:

Pretty much everything but rpg's. All those Fridays picking out a rental at blockbuster and i dont ever recall bringing home an rpg. I didnt even know an rpg was and rpg at that point either, so it wasnt like i was actively avoiding them. i didnt have an snes tho.

Last edited:
Really, story or gameplay ? I'm playing the first one now and when I compare it to U4, it doesn't hold up for me. I'm like forcing to finish it. I think Uncharted spoiled me so now I'm just being too harsh on TR.
The first one released in 2013.

U4 released in 2016.

To those who beat FFXV, was 10 years worth the wait?

Honestly, it's more like 6 years.
Versus always looked like the better game but knowing SE, I focused on FFXIII because I knew that was their main focus.

Was it worth 6 years or even 10, I say yes.
Does it have its issues. I say yes too

Last edited:
Might get heat for this

same ... i enjoy the uncharted series but i find the combat to be very dull ... finished RotTR last week and had a blast w/ it. upgrading your weapons/skills/gear and finding/completing all the challenge tombs is super addictive. started playing Tomb Raider definitive right after and i think i like it even more than Rise which is saying a lot. cant wait for the next one

To those who beat FFXV, was 10 years worth the wait?
Honestly, I don't really look at this wait as 10 years. At some point, that game was probably all but scrapped. It's kinda hard to really consider this game to be "XV" when I know it started off as Versus XIII. To answer your question tho, my answer is no. I don't think I'd ever find/play a game that's worth a 10 year wait. I mean this game was announced before the PS3 was released :lol:

RotTR was boring to me. It wasn't bad but it's story didn't really do anything for me. Even if RotTR has better combat, it's not miles and miles ahead of Uncharted. Therefore for me, Uncharted > Tomb Raider. Uncharted MP is fun too :smokin

Back
Top Bottom