The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Falcons' slander...I just deleted you off of PSN :smh:

Nah but for real TW3 was just boring for me. Them damn side quests turn into several more quests within each other. I need some type of linearity in my games. I like freedom but I need to feel like I'm progressing otherwise I get bored. I guess every game can't be Bloodborne this gen :\
I knew you weren't gonna like me when I said that :rofl:

In terms of the game structure I'm not a fan of bloodborne all that much. I disliked how the game presented information to you as you wander around. The game is challenging and enjoyable but if I don't understand what it is I'm doing or why I'm doing it I lose interest (like the story being somewhat incoherent). Just comes down to how prefer you a game's structure

Last edited:
Falcons' slander...I just deleted you off of PSN :smh:

Nah but for real TW3 was just boring for me. Them damn side quests turn into several more quests within each other. I need some type of linearity in my games. I like freedom but I need to feel like I'm progressing otherwise I get bored. I guess every game can't be Bloodborne this gen :\
I knew you weren't gonna like me when I said that :rofl:

In terms of the game structure I'm not a fan of bloodborne all that much. I disliked how the game presented information to you as you wander around. The game is challenging and enjoyable but if I don't understand what it is I'm doing or why I'm doing it I lose interest (like the story being somewhat incoherent). Just comes down to how prefer you a game's structure
that's the thing, the character doesn't know either so you have to find items and read the info to pick up the lore

I came to realize at some point last gen that I don't care about a vast majority of video game stories, so From's games really are perfect for me. I don't want to get bogged down with talking to joe schmoe at the local inn or whatever. Just put me in the world and let me go.

Despite the limited story, the Souls games have some of the most memorable NPC's and moments to me. And if I want to dig deeper into the story, the community breaks that stuff down in a way that is easy to consume.

With Bloodborne/TW3, I get flashbacks to 2011 when everyone was going crazy for Skyrim and I didn't get it. Dark Souls was superior to me in every way that mattered.

Last edited:
PreciousUnevenFunnelweaverspider.gif

AbsoluteMerryAfricanwildcat.gif

EvilVagueAntelope.gif

WatchfulSolidApisdorsatalaboriosa.gif

Last edited:
Ni Oh, Darksouls, or Bloodborne for me?

The only games I've completed on PS4 have been Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank. I need a linear game that I can pick up and play for an hour or so a couple times a week. Don't have time for a game where I have to get really entrenched in the story and want to avoid side quest type stuff. I'm used to only playing FPS so Uncharted 4 was a doable action-RPG game for me. Looking for something similar in terms of length, difficulty, and style. I wanna swing some swords and be in a mythical land this time around though.

Last edited:
yup and we all know looks aint everything aka The Order 1886.

Will wait for reviews

Press had a preview that was like 4 hours long and I posted a livestream about the game as well.

I don't think comparisons to The Order is fair with the detailed impressions from the previews.

That being said, waiting for reviews or user impressions is never a bad idea.

Via NeoGAF

GameSpot: E3 Opens To The Public For The First Time Ever

For the first time ever, E3 is opening its doors to the public. The Entertainment Software Association, which organizes the event every year, announced today that an allotment of 15,000 tickets will be made available for anyone to buy this coming Monday, February 13.

Priced at $250 (or $150 as part of an early bird discount available on February 13), tickets provide access to the show floor, panel discussions, and other events from Tuesday through Thursday of E3 week. The ESA will partnerwith games media veteran Geoff Keighley to provide attendees with access to special benefits associated with Keighley's own E3 programming, such as developer interviews and more. Full details on this and other elements of E3's new public plans will be announced in the coming weeks.

For years now, there have been calls to open E3 to the public. The ESA conducted an experiment of sorts for this in 2016 with its E3 Live event, which was free and open to the public. It was located outside of the Los Angeles Convention Center, the site of E3, and attendees could go hands-on with upcoming games and take part in other events. There was "incredible attendee enthusiasm" for this event, the ESA's senior VP of communications, Rich Taylor, tells GameSpot. So the next step was to invite fans to actually walk the halls of E3 and get closer to the action.

"The feedback we heard was clear--they wanted to play the games inside the convention center. In addition, exhibitors inside the convention center wanted to have access to the fans. So this year we're bringing the two together," Taylor said.
E3 2017 takes place June 13-15. More than 200 exhibitors are lined up to attend the event--"leading companies from around the world," Taylor says. Bear in mind that the list of exhibitors on E3's website is not final, as discussions with publishers remain ongoing.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3...t-time-ever/1100-6447663/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Ni Oh, Darksouls, or Bloodborne for me?

The only games I've completed on PS4 have been Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank. I need a linear game that I can pick up and play for an hour or so a couple times a week. Don't have time for a game where I have to get really entrenched in the story and want to avoid side quest type stuff. I'm used to only playing FPS so Uncharted 4 was a doable action-RPG game for me. Looking for something similar in terms of length, difficulty, and style. I wanna swing some swords and be in a mythical land this time around though.

Honestly, I don't know if any of those 3 will be what you're looking for :lol:

Most games with sword swinging in a mythical land have side quests and a deep customization system and a certain degree of difficulty, especially the 3 you mentioned. Shadow of Mordor is maybe the simplest as far as what you're looking for goes that I can think of but even that isn't necessarily that linear.
I never played the new Dragon Age but maybe someone can help explain if that would work. Maybe Lords of the Fallen too? Didn't play that either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom