The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

There is still noting more rewarding in all of gaming to me than being good at a competitive fighting game though :nerd:

prefer sports, but, yeah, i guess.

fighting games got pretty one dimensional around super nintendo era, for me.

i played marvel v capcom on dreamcast...

and outside of dead or alive, i havent really touched fighting games.

moved on to boxing (knockout kings/fight night) and now UFC (2 is dope) to scratch that itch...

i've been hooked on RPGs since super paper mario for the SNES

every genre of game in this current gen has some sort of RPG element which improved it.

Fighting games are great for mindless or time restricted gaming.
You don't really have to invest too much time or thought into playing and there are days when that is perfect for me.
Although I agree the competition online can crush your spirits in a matter of minutes if you're a novice. :lol:

Last edited:
Fighting games are great for mindless or time restricted gaming.
You don't really have to invest too much time or thought into playing and there are days when that is perfect for me.
Although I agree the competition online can crush your spirits in a matter of minutes if you're a novice. :lol:
you'll get crushed if you think a fighter is mindless and you don't have to spend much time on it

you'll get crushed if you think a fighter is mindless and you don't have to spend much time on it

I do alright online considering :D
I mean I feel you they are not mindless but after button and move memorization there is not as much to keep in mind. At least for me there isn't. I'm not trying to go Pro bro. :rofl:

I mean I feel you they are not mindless but after button and move memorization there is not as much to keep in mind. At least for me there isn't. I'm not trying to go Pro bro. :rofl:
images

Fighting games are some of the deepest games out there.

Some Pros train 6 to 8 hours a day so they can stand a chance

Anything can be deep if it's your profession. But I will stand corrected that they are not as mindless as first stated. Still in my personal opinion they are the first thing I prefer to play when I don't want to think too much. It's all preference I guess. But compared to certain RPG's or RTS's it seems like a cakewalk to me. :rolleyes But as I said I don't have aspirations of being a Pro.

Anything can be deep if it's your profession. But I will stand corrected that they are not as mindless as first stated. Still in my personal opinion they are the first thing I prefer to play when I don't want to think too much. It's all preference I guess. But compared to certain RPG's or RTS's it seems like a cakewalk to me. :rolleyes But as I said I don't have aspirations of being a Pro.
They're more deep than a rpg for sure.

Man I wouldn't even want to try playing a fighting game online. Might not get a single hit in :rofl: I have MvC3 to throw on when I have a few friends over and I have no idea wth I'm doing in that game :lol: I just button mash and hope for the best. I can sometimes pull out a W every few games or so but I'm usually getting washed.

Last edited:
Fighting games are but to say they are as deep as rpgs :lol: i kno yall trolling. For honor the only fighting game i good at or better yet invested enough time to get good at.

Combos are so rewarding though.

My team in MvC3 was SSS.
Spencer, Sentinel, Super Skrull

Once i got the simple combos down i was loving it. The Vita had the best d pad as well so life was good. :lol:

You get what you put in with fighting games and the reward is good.

My go to move in fighting games is spamming the button for low kick :pimp: Once in a while I win matches by kicking my opponent's foot/shins 100x :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Fighting games are but to say they are as deep as rpgs :lol: i kno yall trolling. For honor the only fighting game i good at or better yet invested enough time to get good at.

I don't think "deep" is the right word. They have a steeper learning curve and take more time to master but it's essentially the same thing over and over. When I hear "deep" I think about the depth that RPGs have with their huge open worlds and bunch of different characters, weapons, items, etc...

I don't think "deep" is the right word. They have a steeper learning curve and take more time to master but it's essentially the same thing over and over. When I hear "deep" I think about the depth that RPGs have with their huge open worlds and bunch of different characters, weapons, items, etc...

This is well put. I agree

It's not really the same thing over and over.
For high level play, you need to have different strategies for the rest of the cast or a mirror match.

You also need to take into account the play style of the person you're fighting too.

Then if you want to go even deeper there's frame data which even still confuses me :lol:
Knowing the frame properties of the moves of your character and other characters are important if you want to get far.

The season 2 patch notes for SFV was a 90 page PDF document just to show how complex the game can be.

You can see how deep the games are when you see how the meta changes from release as more and more things are discovered and as time goes on.
That's why some of them last so long on the competitive scene.

Man I wouldn't even want to try playing a fighting game online. Might not get a single hit in :rofl: I have MvC3 to throw on when I have a few friends over and I have no idea wth I'm doing in that game :lol: I just button mash and hope for the best. I can sometimes pull out a W every few games or so but I'm usually getting washed.

:lol: I admit I never stopped to learn strategy in fighting games either.

Back
Top Bottom