The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I beat Furi on the "Furi" difficulty. It was frustrating at times, but the positive experiences and reward vastly outweighs that frustration. 

I've been refraining from DS/BB because of the negative reviews, but is there any possible implication that if I enjoyed Furi (on the Furi difficulty, not Furier) that I would enjoy DS/BB? And are the levels of difficulty/frustration similar?

Last edited:
Negative reviews where?

Both games are great and if you can get thru Furi, you can easily get thru Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

The only reason people think DS/BB are difficult is because they're used to games holding their hand.

DS/BB never tells you ****, it expects you to figure everything out on your own, which is part of what makes them so great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seeing that big red 1 on their shoulders reminds me of CoD 2. :lol:

Last edited:
You can tell by reactions when people started playing the COD franchise. 
laugh.gif

I didn't even make it past the very first boss in dark souls 3 :lol: took the disc out and tossed it. My kids frustrate me enough don't need that from my games too.

Negative reviews where?

Both games are great and if you can get thru Furi, you can easily get thru Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

The only reason people think DS/BB are difficult is because they're used to games holding their hand.

DS/BB never tells you ****, it expects you to figure everything out on your own, which is part of what makes them so great.
Meant from players. i.e. too frustrating, difficult, when you lose it sets you too far back and you start from scratch, etc. My initial intrigue was from the beautiful universes in trailers (especially intrigued by the BB one) and great critic reviews. Stayed away because of those types of reviews from lots of players.

I just got BOTW but I think I'll get around to BB when I'm done going through this next few months of stressful workload. Then I'll be better equipped to tolerate high focus/intensity in a game instead of right now where I prefer more of a leisurely challenge.

Last edited:
I had the same trepidation you had before trying Demon's Souls and Bloodborne and found that, while they demand alot of you, I never came across a situation where I thought, "Well this is impossible". Every enemy and boss is clever enough to be difficult at the start, but eventually fall through trial and error.

Give Bloodborne a shot. Its cheap and at the very least it will let you know if that whole burgeoning genre is for you.

I didn't even make it past the very first boss in dark souls 3 :lol: took the disc out and tossed it. My kids frustrate me enough don't need that from my games too.
Ludex and Cleric Beast are the gatekeepers of the game. They're there to weed out those who aren't built for those types of games.

Think I'm done playing cod games, while they were fun mw mw2 black ops 1-2, good game to play if u got 30 mins u can run a couple matches nice fast pace...but in the end it's been the same game for over a decade

Ludex and Cleric Beast are the gatekeepers of the game. They're there to weed out those who aren't built for those types of games.

I'm cut out I'm just older now. If I really tried I could beat it no problem. I play GAMES for fun not to be frustrated. Not saying it's a bad game at all. But there's no reason I should die 50 times just to figure out some hidden mechanic to beat a boss. Naw I'll pass.

I cant wait for GT Sport. That and Dirt 4 will have my attention on release.

@SinnerP  are you a fan of the new Top Gear and/or The Grand Tour?

I have yet to see the new Clarkson show (no Amazon Prime :frown: ) but found I didn't hate the new presenters on TG like I thought I would.

I still want Dirt Rally...

I haven't played a racing game in years and it looks fun as hell.

I wish they'd make a new Motorstorm Apocalypse type game.

Last edited by a moderator:

I cant wait for GT Sport. That and Dirt 4 will have my attention on release.

@SinnerP  are you a fan of the new Top Gear and/or The Grand Tour?

I have yet to see the new Clarkson show (no Amazon Prime :frown: ) but found I didn't hate the new presenters on TG like I thought I would.
I commented on it in the TG/The Grand Tour Thread, but basically, I wasn't hugely impressed with the 1st season of TGT.   I felt some of the 'skits' by Clarkson/May/Hammond were really forced... to a point where it got really corny.  

As for new TG, their 1st season was so-so as well and I (as well as a lot of others) couldn't stand Chris Evans.  Matt Leblanc was ok, much to everyone's surprise.  Chris Harris is pretty decent (I've watched a lot of his YT vids before so I knew what to expect).  For their 2nd season, they got rid of Chris Evans.   While their presenters don't have the chemistry of Clarkson & Co, at least they focus on the cars, which I'm all for.  

I still want Dirt Rally...

I haven't played a racing game in years and it looks fun as hell.

I wish they'd make a new Motorstorm Apocalypse type game.
Its actually on sale this week!

I enjoyed it, but it can be pretty unforgiving the further you get in.

Does anyone in here have the SamsungKS8000? Found a good price on a brand new 55inch, but the XD800 is much better, both have HDR and both are a 4K display.

I'm cut out I'm just older now. If I really tried I could beat it no problem. I play GAMES for fun not to be frustrated. Not saying it's a bad game at all. But there's no reason I should die 50 times just to figure out some hidden mechanic to beat a boss. Naw I'll pass.

That's really not dark souls/ bloodborne.

But there's no reason I should die 50 times just to figure out some hidden mechanic to beat a boss. Naw I'll pass.
There's really no fancy hidden mechanic. There's one mechanic that goes for all bosses:

1. Dodge until you're able to hit the boss.

2. Heal when you yourself are hit by the boss.

3. Repeat.

Back
Top Bottom