The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I need to see gameplay of the new CoD, and even though I didn't hate advanced warfare I'm still not sold on that dev crew. These days I only check for treyarch CoD's. I don't know what happened to Infinity Ward but they fell all the way off imo.

There's really no fancy hidden mechanic. There's one mechanic that goes for all bosses:

1. Dodge until you're able to hit the boss.
2. Heal when you yourself are hit by the boss.
3. Repeat.
Patience is a virtue. If you try to go balls to the wall you'll get washed. Souls/Borne is like a hack slash beat em up with wild punishment if you can't show discipline. Honestly, I feel like you're doing yourself a huge disservice if you don't play through these games. From Software dropped two gems on us this gen.

I just wish they'd come out the gate and show off the MP. That's what everybody wants to see. Glad to see they went back to boots on ground.

I'm in the process of playing the souls games. They've been sitting in backlog forever. Platinum' demon souls a few months back, could've saved myself a 100+ hours if I knew the advanced farming techniques. Still on my first play thru of DS1 and about 50% of trophies. Plan to roll right into PS4 DS2 when play complete. Gonna keep rolling till I play DS3. I think I should've imported the GOTY edition of BB though, oh well.

First play thru is always on my own doing my thing. Next play thru I take a look at trophy requirements and am like deang, missed that... should've done that... didn't know you could do that... that would've saved me a 100 hours...

Last edited:
I'm in the process of playing the souls games. They've been sitting in backlog forever. Platinum' demon souls a few months back, could've saved myself a 100+ hours if I knew the advanced farming techniques. Still on my first play thru of DS1 and about 50% of trophies. Plan to roll right into PS4 DS2 when play complete. Gonna keep rolling till I play DS3. I think I should've imported the GOTY edition of BB though, oh well.

First play thru is always on my own doing my thing. Next play thru I take a look at trophy requirements and am like deang, missed that... should've done that... didn't know you could do that... that would've saved me a 100 hours...
You're gonna hit a wall hard rolling into ds2.
The worst of the series hands down.(guy that made these games was busy with BB when ds2 was being developed)
It's sloooow, environments are lack luster and uninspired, and unlike other souls/BB; there's things that are just flat out cheap and will kill you. Like in Saw when the one dude took over later on and was making traps that people couldn't get out of just for the sake of killing.
Go from ds1 to 3. Save 2 for later, especially because how good 3 is and how closer it is to 1 and BB

The worst of the series hands down.(guy that made these games was busy with BB when ds2 was being developed)
It's sloooow, environments are lack luster and uninspired, and unlike other souls/BB; there's things that are just flat out cheap and will kill you. Like in Saw when the one dude took over later on and was making traps that people couldn't get out of just for the sake of killing.
Go from ds1 to 3. Save 2 for later, especially because how good 3 is and how closer it is to 1 and BB

I'll take it into consideration. I don't know if I read it here or somewhere else where they said DS2 PS4 is harder than DS2 PS3 for some reason or another.

I gotta say, after starting DeS a couple times and rage quitting, I really came to love that game; and I have been quite pleased and surprised with the depth of the world that is DS1.

I'll take it into consideration. I don't know if I read it here or somewhere else where they said DS2 PS4 is harder than DS2 PS3 for some reason or another.

I gotta say, after starting DeS a couple times and rage quitting, I really came to love that game; and I have been quite pleased and surprised with the depth of the world that is DS1.
yea the xb1/PS4 version had somethings changed but like I said... Save the worst for last. You'll love ds3 if you're into 1

Even with Backlog Stress and Anxiety, I might have to pick this up.

Heard so many good things about the Gundam games but they never came to the west until now.
The battle system reminds of Dissidia.
Used to see some of the Japanese ones in fighting game tournaments so there's already a small scene for it.

Finally finished Horizon yesterday evening.. great game :smokin

Now to finish Zelda and Berseria so I can give P5 my full attention.

The last COD I bought was BO2 and I gave it away to a little kid w/ a jewfro @ GameStop 3 days after I bought it.

I ain't getting hoodwinked again.

Most likely will buy it, since I'm currently playing the Remaster. 

Still cant get myself to play the MP on Infinite Warfare. Future games like that doesn't interest me at all.

2K sucks, too.

I did play 2K16, tho, because it was free, :lol:

Online servers were TRASH.

Back
Top Bottom