The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Capcom thread in this guise?

I said I’d be ready for MH expansion this year but this endless games are starting to make me sad. Nioh included.

I’ve beaten all of the main Resident Evil games

RE1 is good and the remake was well done

RE2 is my favorite one

I didn’t really like the decision making and Nemesis following you around in RE3

4 was amazing of course

After that they kind of decline

7 was the best one since 4

I don't believe so. Changing the control scheme would dramatically effect the way the game plays and I think this is mostly a graphic overhaul like REmake and not a retooling of the entire game.

It is a retooling. I read that they changed quite a few things so it's not just a graphics update.

It is a retooling. I read that they changed quite a few things so it's not just a graphics update.

Hmm, shows how much I've been following it. Well I guess we'll see how it feels when the demo drops but hopefully the controls don't turn it into an action games like RE4 and later.

Speaking of the RE series, how have y'all liked the Evil Within series?

Have yet to play either game.

Not a lot of RE experience (I beat 5 & 7, played a bit of 6) but I enjoyed both Evil Within games. The first one was better imo. The sequel was good but I feel like the semi open world kind of hindered the experience.

The first one was difficult and long

I played on normal and man was that game stingy with ammo

It became a chore and I eventually beat it

Didn’t even want to play part 2

Never played any Resident Evil game before, I used to see my boy play RE4 on the Gamecube all the time. I picked up RE7 last month and I'm enjoying it so far, this guy chasing you all around the house is mad annoying.

Is the RE1 remake worth it? Think it's going for the low on the PS store.

Interested in the RE2 remake, but I'll probably wait to cop for a dub.

I’ve beaten all of the main Resident Evil games

RE1 is good and the remake was well done

RE2 is my favorite one

I didn’t really like the decision making and Nemesis following you around in RE3

4 was amazing of course

After that they kind of decline

7 was the best one since 4
Nemesis showing up randomly and chasing you around was the best part of the game... It created tense moments while playing

Finally just beat Spider-Man silver linings dlc. Been putting it off since I Platinum everything. Worthy finish to the storyline

Gave shadow of yarnham and Rom the work today. Took about 4 attempts on each. There’s a lot I like about the game, especially now that I’m more into the flow of my first SB game, but I haven’t really enjoyed my last 3 boss battles since Amelia :/

Hemwick, shadows, and Rom weren’t fun to me. Hemwick the characters and fight sucked, shadows the characters weren’t epic at all, and Rom was a cool boss in an interesting setting but probably the worst fight. I hope the next few are closer to the grand opening of Cleric Beast-Father G-BSB-Amelia than the previous 3 second rate ones.

Edit: obviously this is all subjective and my opinion, I read for example a lot of people like the Rom one due to the lore aspect (and dislike cleric beast & Amelia.) Gameplay-wise imo it was a letdown though.

Last edited:
Btw does the story unveil itself more clearly before the end of the game, or does it stay cryptic throughout? I’m wondering if I should read wth is going on or just keep playing and the game will eventually give me a more clear idea.

QroWtmh.gif

:lol:

Gave shadow of yarnham and Rom the work today. Took about 4 attempts on each. There’s a lot I like about the game, especially now that I’m more into the flow of my first SB game, but I haven’t really enjoyed my last 3 boss battles since Amelia :/

Hemwick, shadows, and Rom weren’t fun to me. Hemwick the characters and fight sucked, shadows the characters weren’t epic at all, and Rom was a cool boss in an interesting setting but probably the worst fight. I hope the next few are closer to the grand opening of Cleric Beast-Father G-BSB-Amelia than the previous 3 second rate ones.

Edit: obviously this is all subjective and my opinion, I read for example a lot of people like the Rom one due to the lore aspect (and dislike cleric beast & Amelia.) Gameplay-wise imo it was a letdown though.

It gets crazy bro :lol: and there are also some very difficult hunters you can fight.

The DLC is even more crazy and also the dungeons. Hang in there and explore the lore. Makes the game 10x better.

You have to read item descriptions and really go around and talk to the NPCs and put things together on your own. There are a ton of secrets and it is pretty much impossible to understand it on the first playthrough.

Btw does the story unveil itself more clearly before the end of the game, or does it stay cryptic throughout? I’m wondering if I should read wth is going on or just keep playing and the game will eventually give me a more clear idea.
You need to read and listen tho the unveil at the end kinda ... Ehhhh
Rather not say

Back
Top Bottom