The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Uncharted is literally one of the only series that I can think of that got better with each iteration.

UC4/LL>UC3>U2>U1

I played through all of them with the Drake collection so at the time they felt pretty fresh. UC3 gets a slight edge over UC2 for me but I could probably tie them. UC1 also gets a lot of hate too. I really don't understand how people dislike it as much as they do.

LOL, they would announce this around the same time the Modern Warfare Open Beta AND Borderlands 3 are both released

Summary: If you bought Forsaken without the Year 2 annual pass last September, you're getting the Year 2 annual pass as a free content update NOW

I disagree. UC4 is a superior game in every way to UC3. That game drags on waaaay too much even with the game having more shooting involved but that doesn’t make the game any more interesting. UC4 handles its time way better with a stronger and more personal story with action spread out more, sure, and makes up for it with a ton of action towards the end of the game.

UC3 is a slog to get through at times without much of an interesting story to it as well magnifying it. I think UC3 is easily the weakest of the 4 but it’s by no means a bad game

Uncharted is literally one of the only series that I can think of that got better with each iteration.

UC4/LL>UC3>U2>U1

I'll preface by saying that I'm in my mid-30s and I've played a ton of games so I'm somewhat jaded. I also don't have the time to play games that are overly long and there are areas in the game that have platforming/climbing just for the sake of having platforming/climbing to extend the game length.

I played the game on the Hard difficulty for some type of challenge, however I found that the game almost forces you to use stealth with the exception of the second to last chapters that had some great (old-school UC) action. Looking on it now, I think if the game were played on Easy or Normal then you could avoid having to use stealth and simply go in guns blazing. Even the 'treasure collecting' was tedious on this one and the 'boss battle' was a lame AF QT event even worse than UC 3.

In any case I know my opinion is unpopular, but looking around the internet there are a lot of people who feel the same way. The game's critical score is nonsensical as this is a 7/10 game at best. But hey it's my opinion and I'll keep an eye on the Lost Legacy.

U4>U2>U3>U1

I remember when U4 came out years ago and I didn't have a PS4 yet and my boy got it and I came over and he let me play the beginning when Drake and his brother were younger, had me like :wow::wow::wow:

Think ND grew so much from TLOU in terms of storytelling and U4 showed that off really well, particularly in the flashbacks.

The big "Set Piece" action scene is one of my favorite things to ever to replay in a game, got a save dedicated to just doing that

still need to play Lost Legacy

I'm a big fan of my ps4 pro + 4KTV setup.

If you're day 1 for ps5, i suppose you could wait.

And day 1 will be? Don't think i will drop 400+just to be first anyway.

Honestly just cop a PS4 Slim for now. Black Friday it may even be $150 but for sure will be $199.

PS5 will get more revealed around Feb next year and the price will get announced at E3 next year.

Release date will be in either mid to late October or within the first 2 weeks of November 2020.

I come in the thread after sometime and the first thing I see is Uncharted AND The Last of Us slander? Hell Nah. :lol:

PO

Had me like

4E6CF1E4-B2B2-4021-93DA-26CE542AAE39.gif

I come in the thread after sometime and the first thing I see is Uncharted AND The Last of Us slander? Hell Nah. :lol:

PO

What you expect when we got a lot of NT’ers in this thread who were hard core XBOX boys last gen and ditched the brand and Rusty & Jetpack this gen :lol:

Crazy to see all the love for UC3 in here. Even at the studio it seems that most people aren’t in love with the finished product.

U4 has some great storytelling that wraps up the series perfectly IMO. Given Neil took the creative direction over from Amy I can see why the dude who just finished it felt like it wasn’t as fast paced, “fun” and gameplay focused like the other games in the series. I’ve heard the “simulator” complaint from others who just felt like there was gameplay thrown in to just get to the next story point. While I personally don’t agree with that, it makes sense he didn’t like TLOU either.

I think we’ve all done a great job at the studio focusing on bringing a high level of interesting/fun gameplay to match the insane storytelling that Neil and Halley have brought to the table with TLOU2. Hopefully the collective effort will be a big win for gamers who are looking for creative gameplay and very emotional narrative.

Back to the Uncharted series, I think everyone should play the Lost Legacy as it narratively brings more charm and fun to the table making for a more classic Uncharted experience.

My personal rankings for the series are:

U2>TLL>U4>U1>U3

I still firmly believe that U2 is one of the greatest games ever made. For those who are playing this series for the first time and did not experience each game when they launched I can see where gripes can arise.

However, the lasting impact in weaving narrative and design in video games that U2 had cannot be understated. At the time of its launch there was really nothing on par with what it was able to accomplish and really set the bar for what every other developer needed to be at with their total AAA package.

All this Uncharted talk, think I'm gonna finally run through the Collection, UC4, and Lost legacy when I'm on vacation in a couple months.

Crazy to see all the love for UC3 in here. Even at the studio it seems that most people aren’t in love with the finished product.

Perfectionism is a gift and a curse, UC3 is amazing and you can tell them all I said this at the next team meeting.

Back
Top Bottom