The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My current Damage setup in MHW
Big hits, big Crits. :lol: :pimp:
download.jpg

I guess it depends on your play style too. I like it because I've always been a run and gun player with every COD. I'm definitely Rambo, but smart about it. Faster gameplay the better imo.
Word. Cod looking to be hella trash this year. All that "playing slow and careful" **** is not what made this franchise popular. The minimap needs to be reverted to how it always was.

Crazy to see all the love for UC3 in here. Even at the studio it seems that most people aren’t in love with the finished product.

U4 has some great storytelling that wraps up the series perfectly IMO. Given Neil took the creative direction over from Amy I can see why the dude who just finished it felt like it wasn’t as fast paced, “fun” and gameplay focused like the other games in the series. I’ve heard the “simulator” complaint from others who just felt like there was gameplay thrown in to just get to the next story point. While I personally don’t agree with that, it makes sense he didn’t like TLOU either.

I think we’ve all done a great job at the studio focusing on bringing a high level of interesting/fun gameplay to match the insane storytelling that Neil and Halley have brought to the table with TLOU2. Hopefully the collective effort will be a big win for gamers who are looking for creative gameplay and very emotional narrative.

Back to the Uncharted series, I think everyone should play the Lost Legacy as it narratively brings more charm and fun to the table making for a more classic Uncharted experience.

My personal rankings for the series are:

U2>TLL>U4>U1>U3

I still firmly believe that U2 is one of the greatest games ever made. For those who are playing this series for the first time and did not experience each game when they launched I can see where gripes can arise.

However, the lasting impact in weaving narrative and design in video games that U2 had cannot be understated. At the time of its launch there was really nothing on par with what it was able to accomplish and really set the bar for what every other developer needed to be at with their total AAA package.
Wait wait
So
U work at naughtydog???
Always thought u worked at konami
Uncharted is trash
But the last of us
Will never get any slander from me
EVER

Mario bros franchise
Mario kart
Smash bros
I’m not an expert Nintendo guy but I definitely think Mario Kart Double Dash is the best MK game and I thought Melee was regarded as the best Smash game. Also you can’t say Mario Bros. because SMB3/World > NSMB Wii/Wii U/3D World.

I’m not an expert Nintendo guy but I definitely think Mario Kart Double Dash is the best MK game and I thought Melee was regarded as the best Smash game. Also you can’t say Mario Bros. because SMB3/World > NSMB Wii/Wii U/3D World.
Mk8 the goat Mario kart game
Even critics agree

Smash Ultimate is like Marvel vs Capcom 2 for today. The shear fact that everyone who appeared in any Versus game up to that point and then some, makes it something you know you’ll never experience again. The earlier games might’ve had tighter gameplay, but MVC2 was the pinnacle. Nintendo really followed that formula for this one.

Sorry for anything Thread Derailing.

Critics say that OoT is the greatest game of all-time, I disagree.

MK Double Dash is GOAT MK game.

I remember thinking he worked for Square when I first joined NT back in 2013. He was always dropping some FF gems :lol:

Crazy to see all the love for UC3 in here. Even at the studio it seems that most people aren’t in love with the finished product.

U4 has some great storytelling that wraps up the series perfectly IMO. Given Neil took the creative direction over from Amy I can see why the dude who just finished it felt like it wasn’t as fast paced, “fun” and gameplay focused like the other games in the series. I’ve heard the “simulator” complaint from others who just felt like there was gameplay thrown in to just get to the next story point. While I personally don’t agree with that, it makes sense he didn’t like TLOU either.

I think we’ve all done a great job at the studio focusing on bringing a high level of interesting/fun gameplay to match the insane storytelling that Neil and Halley have brought to the table with TLOU2. Hopefully the collective effort will be a big win for gamers who are looking for creative gameplay and very emotional narrative.

Back to the Uncharted series, I think everyone should play the Lost Legacy as it narratively brings more charm and fun to the table making for a more classic Uncharted experience.

U2>TLL>U4>U1>U3

I still firmly believe that U2 is one of the greatest games ever made. For those who are playing this series for the first time and did not experience each game when they launched I can see where gripes can arise.

However, the lasting impact in weaving narrative and design in video games that U2 had cannot be understated. At the time of its launch there was really nothing on par with what it was able to accomplish and really set the bar for what every other developer needed to be at with their total AAA package.

I can't believe I STILL haven't played Lost Legacy yet... :smh:

Uncharted 2 definitely had some great moments. The opening with the train and the helicopter fight where it's destroying the building are two moments that I'll never forget.

Demon’s souls remaster at State of Play.

Believe
I'll only be interested if they add the land of the giants as a playable area. :lol:
Also, I don't want to experience that game's crafting ever again. It was such a mess. :lol:

I'll only be interested if they add the land of the giants as a playable area. :lol:
Also, I don't want to experience that game's crafting ever again. It was such a mess. :lol:

I always said the the whole soulsborne genre was born off of an accident.

Demon Souls felt like it was more broken than it was difficult but for whatever reason it stuck when the iron was hot and had cult success and so on and so forth.

It did get stellar reviews from the jump if I remember correctly but I like to think From was bracing for impact :lol:

U2>TLL>U4>U1>U3

UC 2 is a solid game, I'll give you that. Enjoyed it from start to finish and I played the Uncharted collection in 2019 FWIW. The boss fight was actually quite challenging on the hard difficulties but you could exploit some of the obstacles and dodge Lazarevic.

The remastered UC 1 is actually quite good and I didn't have any trouble with the jet ski area. It's possible that the team in charge of the remaster fixed these problems.

UC 3 had the grenade toss back mechanic which was removed in UC 4 and I genuinely missed it. FWIW, UC 3's main problem is that it's just too long (i.e. the ship 'graveyard', some of the horseback segments, etc...) which brought no added value to the game.

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro with the 4K/30FPS option so right off the bat UC 4 feels slower vs. the remasters at 1080P/60FPS. I think the developers knew this hence the push to have an emphasis on climbing/walking showcasing the games visuals rather than the gameplay which is an actual regression due to the grenade toss back mechanic being removed. I grew up on games from the Atari and 8bit/16 bit era so I find some of the narrative in newer games unnecessary. The back story of Drake's Mum working with the old lady was useless as was that entire chapter.

TLoU is just not my type of game, so I'll leave it at that.

Whatever happened to Armored Core? I remember playing a demo disc way back in '98 on my boy's PSX and being impressed with it.

Nothing much...they just ran that series into the ground. I remember there being new installments for the PS3. Nothing this gen though.

Back
Top Bottom