The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Finally beat FF12 again last night... if you are a FF fan or turn based RPG fan I highly recommend it. The CE is still on sale at the SE store for $80 too.

story-wise if someone talks about ff7 then its not a spoiler.

the game came out in 1997. it isnt a spoiler anymore unless its something exclusive thats in the remake that wasnt in the original

its like if they re-made avengers movie 20 years from now and ppl talking about dont spoil the movie

the game came out in 1997. it isnt a spoiler anymore unless its something exclusive thats in the remake that wasnt in the original

So 75% of the story, then.

If this was a remaster, I could understand your point. This is basically an entirely new game, based upon the original but with fundamental changes to every aspect.

And just out of a general respect to people playing through the game, is it that hard to put things in spoiler tags? It's great you played it in '97. But a ton of people didnt, so maybe just err on the side of caution for other people's sake.

Last edited:
story-wise if someone talks about ff7 then its not a spoiler.

its like if they re-made avengers movie 20 years from now and ppl talking about dont spoil the movie
Nah, I still think it's a spoiler. Regardless if the game follows the same story.

Can't wait for ya'll to finish the game to give our thoughts on FF7 "remake".

DO NOT read up on this game until you truly finish it. You will be ruining your experience.

So 75% of the story, then.

If this was a remaster, I could understand your point. This is basically an entirely new game, based upon the original but with fundamental changes to every aspect.

And just out of a general respect to people playing through the game, is it that hard to put things in spoiler tags? It's great you played it in '97. But a ton of people didnt, so maybe just err on the side of caution for other people's sake.

Nah, I still think it's a spoiler. Regardless if the game follows the same story.

this could be said about anything on this thread then.

oh, you still havent seen spiderman 2? let me still put that in spoilers too then.

next thing you know everything gonna be in spoilers.

It is bringing in a lot of new fans so even story spoilers are needed especially since it just came out.

I've been on media black out even though I played the original.

Question for you guys without spoilers :lol:
What comparisons can you draw to Crisis Core in terms of gameplay, environment and side quests or anything really.
I loved that game amd I know they pretty much maxed out what the PSP could do and I'm hoping this game really fleshes out what we saw in Crisis Core.

It's a shame I can't play that game. My PSP is broken.
Might need to get a 2nd vita to hack.

Can't wait for ya'll to finish the game to give our thoughts on FF7 "remake".

DO NOT read up on this game until you truly finish it. You will be ruining your experience.

Yeah but just spoiler tag your thoughts.
example:

I beat ff7, here’s what I think:
—————

Very simple

And it ain’t like this is the FF7 story thread. People come here for other discussions.

It is bringing in a lot of new fans so even story spoilers are needed especially since it just came out.

What comparisons can you draw to Crisis Core in terms of gameplay, environment and side quests or anything really.
I loved that game amd I know they pretty much maxed out what the PSP could do and I'm hoping this game really fleshes out what we saw in Crisis Core.

I think I would have too finish it to give you a better idea, but I would say Crisis Core is definitely something they took inspiration from in terms of general gameplay. I can't remember the side-quests in CC though; I'll watch a video or two.

There are chapters that are sidequest heavy. And the environment are expanded but still very linear on how you can progress. The gameplay is more Crisis core than OG ff7.
The story, well just finish the game, and be glad you actually played Crisis Core.

I secured Final Fantasy VII Remake and will be playing it tonight. I remember playing it on my cousin’s PlayStation when I was four years old. Also I feel like Sony really didn’t think everything through regarding the PlayStation 5; backwards compatibility with PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles is needed to compete with Xbox. Imagine being able to play Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and NBA Street Vol. 2 on the PlayStation 5. In regards to that I’m still securing when it releases:nthat:

I secured Final Fantasy VII Remake and will be playing it tonight. I remember playing it on my cousin’s PlayStation when I was four years old. Also I feel like Sony really didn’t think everything through regarding the PlayStation 5; backwards compatibility with PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles is needed to compete with Xbox. Imagine being able to play Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and NBA Street Vol. 2 on the PlayStation 5. In regards to that I’m still securing when it releases:nthat:
Backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 titles isn't needed to compete with XBOX but it would be dope if it had it.... PS5 just needs to keep churning out the great games... especially the exclusive ones.... and Sony will win the next generation of gaming as well

It doesn't look like ff7 remake comes with an official strategy guide? With every final fantasy I've played I always make it a habit to buy the official guide.

It's funny how the strategy guide to the original game is available on amazon though lol

It doesn't look like ff7 remake comes with an official strategy guide? With every final fantasy I've played I always make it a habit to buy the official guide.

It's funny how the strategy guide to the original game is available on amazon though lol

There's pretty good strategy guides out there (IGN being one of them) but they are still works in progress. You dont want a physical guide for this game. Too much spoiler potential.

Funny, I was looking at the prices for the original guide and it's going for pretty good money right now.

It comes down to money in the end. The OG FAT 60GB PS3 had backwards compatibility chips in which was one of the main reasons why it had a $600 price tag on it at launch. What Microsoft has done this gen with XB1 and backwards compat is they spent a lot of time & money on research for it. I've seen reports saying Microsoft has a dedicated team specifically for this. Also factor in Sony for 2 gens now has and basically started the re master, definitive, and re make editions of games,. Just look at how many time Shadow Of The Colossus has been remastered.

I didn't even know they still made physical strategy guides. With how technology is these days, I thought the internet made them obsolete.

Definitely cool books to have though. Some of them had/have really cool artwork.

I didn't even know they still made physical strategy guides. With how technology is these days, I thought the internet made them obsolete.

Definitely cool books to have though. Some of them had/have really cool artwork.
FF15 had a nice strategy guide. It was pretty free of spoilers too.

I remember getting a beat up copy of the OG Final Fantasy VII strategy guide in school and being so excited to get home. I was pretty much playing blind through the Midgar portion and got lost when the map opened up. :lol:

Kind of want to pick it up again.

Any body having an issue where the game automatically puts you back on easy difficulty? I noticed it was ridiculously easy for me, checked the difficulty and seen it had set to easy. This has happened at least twice.

RE4 is too special. I don’t know if I’m “ready” for them to remake it. Obviously it’s no way they weren’t but I don’t mind the wait because the bar is gonna be set unrealisticly high. No way Code Veronica isn’t getting a remake either. Chris Redfield has become the poster child for the series since the game last released and Wesker the hardest you’ll ever see him in the series. Stark contrast from the goofiness that was their beef in RE5. Not only the most underrated RE but arguably Capcom game.

Dreamcast :frown:

Back
Top Bottom