The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I get wanting to be excited but all ive heard if Microsoft don't got the games.

So what are they announcing that sways anybody?

Considering if they don't buy WB games before the 23rd.

They have been acquiring studios since as early as 2014, so I am sure they have some surprises up their sleeves.

That said, I wont be swayed, but as brendasdeadbaby brendasdeadbaby mentioned, we need a healthy competition.

I know he has links but he's just not reliable and won't get my hopes up.
SF6 no doubt is in production as it's Capcom's fighter flagship but if we could get Marvel and Street Fighter like the good old days on next gen. It will make me a happy man.

Better not do that no X-Men nonesense like MvCI

SF6 no doubt is in production as it's Capcom's fighter flagship but if we could get Marvel and Street Fighter like the good old days on next gen. It will make me a happy man.

I'm terrible at fighting games, but man, X-Men need to be in a Marvel fighting game.

They have been acquiring studios since as early as 2014, so I am sure they have some surprises up their sleeves.

That said, I wont be swayed, but as brendasdeadbaby brendasdeadbaby mentioned, we need a healthy competition.

Dead ***. Watching Madden falter, this was my main take away. Without someone to push you, you grow stagnant. You're only as good as your competition. Hope MS brings the heat. I mean I have GamePass so I need something to play on it.

X-Men back in the House of Mouse so you know they are gonna be in there. The fact that they was in the Marvel Alliance game on the switch should have been the sign. If they not back, they are foolish

Last edited:
I give this a game a 7/10. I’m not a Star Wars fan, have not seen any of the movies except for one that came out around 2005ish. The combat is decent and a little challenging. The graphics are good too. The lack of fast travel in addition to all the backtracking required was a poor choice imo. The map design is also beyond terrible.

30813EC1-6C7D-43F1-90C7-2CDCC0CADA4E.jpeg

I give this a game a 7/10. I’m not a Star Wars fan, have not seen any of the movies except for one that came out around 2005ish. The combat is decent and a little challenging. The graphics are good too. The lack of fast travel in addition to all the backtracking required was a poor choice imo. The map design is also beyond terrible.

30813EC1-6C7D-43F1-90C7-2CDCC0CADA4E.jpeg
I enjoyed it for what it was with the additional easter eggs through out the game.

Disliked the fighting mechanics at first, but I learned to deal with it.

Waiting for a steep discount on that game before I grab it. Love Star Wars, but I am not sold on gameplay just yet.

Ricky D Ricky D when you attempting FFVII Remake Hardmode? I was looking today. I KNOW I am going to get frustrated. :lol:

Bad Religion Bad Religion Im debating between FF VII Hard mode or Days Gone; leaning towards FF VII. I might need some more time after finishing TLOU2 before Days Gone.

Looking at

FF VII -> Ghost of Tsushima -> Days Gone

I finally got the platinum trophy for Spidey last night. I’m halfway through the main story line on my NG+ ultimate run. Will beat it and get the silver trophy for that one and then start playing the city that never sleeps dlc

Just gave owl father the smoke on my NG+ run. Didn’t fight him the first time around. He beat me a few times, but after everything I’d read I was expecting the difficulty to be closer to the Isshin fight. The one thing I had trouble with was the firecracker. Couldn’t consistently evade it. But he had a lot of moves that leave him open. Whereas against Isshin I feel like you have to make your own openings.

Took me way too many attempts to beat demon of hatred. Forgot how I did it during my ng run a while back. So I had to re-learn everything. Wasn’t a fun time. Apparently I’m not the only one who doesn’t enjoy this boss. It took me hours to beat Isshin the first time but even getting my *** kicked it felt fun and fair. Even thought I played well when I finally won, learning and fighting demon was not enjoyable for me.

I don’t seem myself doing an NG++ after Isshin. Thinking to get cuphead on the switch as my next game.

Took me way too many attempts to beat demon of hatred. Forgot how I did it during my ng run a while back. So I had to re-learn everything. Wasn’t a fun time. Apparently I’m not the only one who doesn’t enjoy this boss. It took me hours to beat Isshin the first time but even getting my *** kicked it felt fun and fair. Even thought I played well when I finally won, learning and fighting demon was not enjoyable for me.

I don’t seem myself doing an NG++ after Isshin. Thinking to get cuphead on the switch as my next game.

the demon is tough because he is from a Dark Souls game essentially. It was rewarding to beat him but it took me like 4 hours.

Took 5-6 hours to be Lord Isshin. The Shinobi execution made it worth it though :pimp:

I want to play through the game one more time. It really is a masterpiece.

haven’t tried any vr game
Neither have I. I get motion sick somewhat easily, and with COVID I dont want to test one out unless I own it.

VR is legit one of the best things to happen to gaming IMO. Shame about the high entry price and motion sickness.
It just transforms so many games into new experiences. Racing games now make sense in cockpit view and it adds a new dimension to platformers.

Astrobot was my 2018 GOTY.
RIGS was fantastic but Sony closed the studio down :smh:

Need to get Beat Sabre as it seems to be one of the most popular covid home workout games.

Apparently in Iron Man VR, you have an actual trophy cabinet showing the trophies you have earned in the game. BRB, going to buy a PSVR. :lol:

EcWu7QyWoAUeFYy

I was already waiting for a price drop for this game but this might push it closer :lol:

I'm surprised no one else thought of it even though that was one of the promises for PS Home.

I just beat the story mode for Spiderman. All I can say is wow. Amazing game. This is the first time I they really got Spiderman right. The web slinging, the combat, the spider-sense were all on point. You really feel like you're playing Spiderman. The non-story missions where you play as Mary-Jane and Miles were a good change of pace and didn't feel tacked on. Most games screw side missions like this up.

The story was alot more engrossing and darker than I expected. The Mary Jane relationship, the Doc Oc story and how that developed, mentoring Miles. I really enjoyed it. The casting and voice asking was cool too

I'm off to play the DLC next. I'll give the main game a solid 9.5/10

The sales for July are up on the Playstation Store. Some decent games here:

Last edited:
VR is legit one of the best things to happen to gaming IMO. Shame about the high entry price and motion sickness.
It just transforms so many games into new experiences. Racing games now make sense in cockpit view and it adds a new dimension to platformers.

I've wanted to get one but I have sensitive eyes. could feel the migraine already.

I just beat the story mode for Spiderman. All I can say is wow. Amazing game. This is the first time I they really got Spiderman right. The web slinging, the combat, the spider-sense were all on point. You really feel like you're playing Spiderman. The non-story missions where you play as Mary-Jane and Miles were a good change of pace and didn't feel tacked on. Most games screw side missions like this up.

The story was alot more engrossing and darker than I expected. The Mary Jane relationship, the Doc Oc story and how that developed, mentoring Miles. I really enjoyed it. The casting and voice asking was cool too

I'm off to play the DLC next. I'll give the main game a solid 9.5/10
spider man 3 wasn't bad

Back
Top Bottom