The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Not sure if this is new, but you can register on Sony site to preorder the PS5. They're selecting people for this opportunity, I signed-up, worth a shot...

Maybe 2 weeks old.

Why compare the Series S to PS5? If we’re gonna be fair, it should be X vs. PS5. The S is the cheaper option for a reason.

Current gen games on PS5 will not be seeing the 2 second boot time we're seeing with PS5 games but they should be quicker than current gen still.

Why compare the Series S to PS5? If we’re gonna be fair, it should be X vs. PS5. The S is the cheaper option for a reason.

If it's SSD comparisons then it's fine since the S and X are both using the same SSD.

Current gen games on PS5 will not be seeing the 2 second boot time we're seeing with PS5 games but they should be quicker than current gen still.

If it's SSD comparisons then it's fine since the S and X are both using the same SSD.
So even with the same SSD, does the power of the console itself not play a role in load times? I’m not too tech savvy :lol:

That Prince of Persia “Remake” is tough to look at. I’d say this pretty much confirms that the franchise is dead and no longer relevant to Ubisoft. It looks like an early PS3 game :smh:

So even with the same SSD, does the power of the console itself not play a role in load times? I’m not too tech savvy :lol:

Tough to say

Same SSD and dedicated hardware behind it but Series S has less RAM and slower RAM too but that makes sense since it's targeting 1440p.
It would probably have lower res textures since it doesn't need 4K textures which means smaller game size and less data to load which could balance things out.

You're right though, it's probably best to compare it to Xsex. That's more of an apples to apples comparison.

Tough to say

Same SSD and dedicated hardware behind it but Series S has less RAM and slower RAM too but that makes sense since it's targeting 1440p.
It would probably have lower res textures since it doesn't need 4K textures which means smaller game size and less data to load which could balance things out.

You're right though, it's probably best to compare it to Xsex. That's more of an apples to apples comparison.
I know we all like Sony but the fanboyism from some people in here is getting a little annoying. Like we really gonna ignore the Series X and only focus on the S? C’mon man :lol:

FYI, not talking bout you :lol:

Back
Top Bottom