The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

:lol: I don't ever remember seeing this type of hype outside of the hard-core gamers.
i mean it’s too early to tell because this is just pre orders and this is fairly new compared to old consoles with the internet and so many sites being accessible

but i remember ps2 was IMPOSSIBLE to get n64 and ps3 too but ps2 stands out to me for some reason

now that i’m thinking about it...

the first wii might have been the worst of them all especially with people outside of gamers. everyone wanted to try that

Wii had a hours wait at E3 whatever year just to try it out before it released.

By the time it released every casual, mom & grandma wanted it :lol:

I mean for years you would go out drinking with friends and every local dive bar had one setup for people just to play Wii Sports.

^ i didnt have a problem with the older consoles... got the n64 cuz my sister worked at the wiz and waited in line for ps2 at bestbuy and got the ps3 and ps4 on preorder from gamestop... copped dreamcast a week after release day...hopefully my ps5 goes through with target... the only problem i had was with the switch.... i decided to cop this year 3 years later but it was sold out everywhere... i got lucky checking twitter and copped from amazon but it took a good 2 months plus to cop lol

I remember working at Best Buy when the Wii was still going super strong (maybe like the second year) and people would call the store asking to pay for them in full before our shipment even came in. Mind you, shipments were super sporadic. We sometimes wouldn’t get one for almost a month and people did not care. They would literally beg us to take their money but we couldn’t.

Got the confirmation email from Sony Direct:

ps5 direct.psg.png

I thought ps5 was suppose to have smaller game sizes

There's no more duplicated data on disk but they probably got replaced by higher quality 4K assets and other stuff

Doing some quick maths

Spider-Man on PS4 is 45GB. All 3 DLC added together is 7.82 GB so total is around 52.82 GB
Spider-Man Remastered which comes with all 3 DLC is 55GB

We know 10GB from the PS4 game is duplicated data. (Maybe even more with the DLC)

1600517610052.png

That 10GB saved has probably gone on the improvements they've made to the game.

1600517838569.png

TLDR: Game sizes are going to stay the same or get bigger because what they saved from not having to duplicate data is being used up by other improvements.

I guess I’m going to leave my PS4 saved data for Spider-Man on the PS4 and just do another play through on the remaster on the PS5 :smh: so ****ed up

Back
Top Bottom