The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I don't think the money is the problem. Sony can afford it if it will give them a return.

There's no need to counter like for like. Just go on acquiring studios that are worth it.

started a TemTem thread

giphy.gif

Me looking at all y'all fools that bragged that Xbox has no games. Told y'all the yoppa was gonna sing eventually.

In Phil we trust :smokin
I may clown on Xbox every now and then, but competition is good for everyone, hence why I stopped buying Madden.

Capcom, or some foreign big shot...

Sony has already been expanding their own studios. A lot of them have 2 teams now which is why you can have Spider-Man and Insomniac so close to each other.
They should just keep acquiring studios. Buying whole publishers is risky.

They can get BluePoint, Kojima etc..

I like this but I don't want it to trigger some buying spree to the point where there's no more third parties left.

Sony could buy Bluepoint games or WB Games if AT&T puts them back up for sale:

For 7.5 bil, that other company got a dozen studios, all of their IP, and all of their proprietary technology ex. idtech

WB wanted 4+ bil for just half a dozen studios, probably no ip other than MK, and practically no proprietary technology

Everyone balked at WB's price because it was ridiculous

Is Bethesda really worth $7B? I know ES sells a ton but damn, $7B? I know DOOM, Wolfenstein, Evil Within, Dishonored ain’t bringing in that type of cake...or are they :nerd:

For 7.5 bil, that other company got a dozen studios, all of their IP, and all of their proprietary technology ex. idtech

WB wanted 4+ bil for just half a dozen studios, probably no ip other than MK, and practically no proprietary technology

Everyone balked at WB's price because it was ridiculous
Exactly. MS got loads with this deal.

Why didn't they just announce that there will be a black console release during last week's presentation? lol.

Either way, I need to get a pre-order in lol.

Back
Top Bottom