The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

:lol:

Forza that didn't even get dynamic weather or time of day until it's latest entry while GT5 on the PS3 had it.

GT Sport's online play is much better than Forza with the driver and sportsmanship rating. More like SIM racing than Burnout Paradise.
Graphics and lighting is also much better on GT and best of all GT has VR.

That's not to say Forza is a bad game but exposed. c'mon.
Forza Motorsports has an internal battle been relevant with Horizon stealing it's thunder.

With the power of these new consoles, I'm expecting big things for both games that current gen couldn't even dream of.

Nah man it isn't even close. Detail, physics, sounds, graphics, damage, cockpit view :wow:, sheer content etc.

Dude in Forza cars can get locked/connected at the wheelwell and you have to brake to get out off it :lol: . In GT the only interaction with other cars is bouncing off like a pinball only to maybe show one scratch of damage.

And the audacity of GT5&6 to have standard vs. premium cars? :rofl:

And the fact that they still have that unrealistic screeching tire sound and most cars sound the same.

Ugh

They may knock it out of the park with GT7 but as of now there is no reason for me to believe they will.

$10 off star wars squadrons which was well worth the full $40 price tag when it released a few weeks ago. even more worth it if you have PSVR

charging.png

Order status for my dual sense charging station

The Gran Turismo vs. Forza conversation is no different than Playstation 5 vs. Xbox Series X. It's all about preference...

There are other sim racers that have better this and that as well.

None are exposed, they just have different design choices.

Gran Turismo has the superior legacy, though. That is not up for debate IMHO.

I could go on and on about my opinions on them both but it would really be for naught.

Each of them are incredible in their own right. I never grew out of my affinity for gaming on both platforms because of them both... albiet, Gran Turismo is my champion.

My favorite enduring GT memory is:

"I unlocked another car! Awesome! Its..... another... Nissan Skyline.... great."

Every Skyline that has ever been in production, in a movie, in a garage in Tokyo, drawn by an elementary student in Math class, has been in a GT game.

GT6 had 41. 41!

1. S Nissan SKYLINE 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
  2. S Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
  3. S Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73
  4. S Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 350GT '03
  5. P Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
  6. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) '89
  7. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) '91
  8. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '95
  9. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '96
  10. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '97
  11. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '99
  12. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '00
  13. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M·spec (R34) '01
  14. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M·spec Nür (R34) '02
  15. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R N1 (R32) '91
  16. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R N1 (R33) '95
  17. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple II (R34) '99
  18. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple III (R34) '00
  19. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R32) '93
  20. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R33) '95
  21. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R33) '96
  22. P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R33) '97
  23. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R34) '99
  24. P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R32) '94
  25. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R34) '00
  26. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II N1 (R34) '00
  27. P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) '02
  28. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec LM Limited (R33) '96
  29. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec N1 (R32) '93
  30. S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec N1 (R34) '99
  31. S Nissan SKYLINE GTS25 Type S (R32) '91
  32. S Nissan SKYLINE GTS-R (R31) '87
  33. S Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '89
  34. S Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '91
  35. S Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) '84
  36. S Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83
  37. S Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
  38. S Nissan SKYLINE Sedan 300GT '01
  39. P Nissan SKYLINE Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
  40. S Nissan SKYLINE Sedan 350GT-8 '02
  41. S Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

What I mean by exposed - is that up until Forza 1 Gran Turismo was the only of its kind. We were told that damage could not be added without making compromises etc. and it was accepted because there was nothing to compare it to.

Then Forza dropped in 2005 (a few months after GT4) and it was like wait a minute:
  • Better graphics
  • Better sounds
  • Car damage that GT STILL does not have
  • More content (tuning, body customization etc.)
  • Online (Xbox's online was way better than PS2's so I am not sure if this could have been helped)

This reminds me of how Madden still can't do certain things as good or better than NFL 2K5.

Not to mention that Forza was able to turn a game around every couple years where GT experiences delay after delay. Which is completely fine if they deliver. But they don't. Instead we get to major GT games with PS2 levels of online features and the majority of cars in GT5 and half of GT6 being cars ported from PS3. :smh:

And I understand the personal preference. Enjoy what you like. But from someone who plays both (and actually) games there is no question which is better.

Yes I know ultimately no one asked me but I just had to get it off my chest :lol:

Nah man it isn't even close. Detail, physics, sounds, graphics, damage, cockpit view :wow:, sheer content etc.

Dude in Forza cars can get locked/connected at the wheelwell and you have to brake to get out off it :lol: . In GT the only interaction with other cars is bouncing off like a pinball only to maybe show one scratch of damage.

And the audacity of GT5&6 to have standard vs. premium cars? :rofl:

And the fact that they still have that unrealistic screeching tire sound and most cars sound the same.

Ugh

They may knock it out of the park with GT7 but as of now there is no reason for me to believe they will.

Nah GT Sport is FIA accredited with proper E-Sports competitions. There are tons of videos with wheel to wheel racing.
Not to talk of the GT Academy guys becoming real life racers.

Forza doesn't touch GT when it comes to graphics, lighting and car models.

I would give you sound on the PS3 games but that was due to hardware limitations. GT Sport does much better on the audio side and with Sony's focus on 3D audio, I expect things to be even better on PS5.

To each their own but from what I've seen and played on Sport. The future is bright. Online racing with proper sportsmanship is a game changer in the console SIM world.
If we get online races in VR then it's a wrap.

I expect both to bring their A game next gen. GT back to the numbered series and Forza with it's reboot which could either be to fit with the gamepass model or to beat Horizon which is now the dominant Forza series.

Just curious, you guys actually play(ed) both Forza and GT or are we just basing this off of other people’s opinion? I’m stubborn as hell so if I like something enough, nothing you say will sway my opinion, I’d have to play for myself to see the light :lol:

Just curious, you guys actually play(ed) both Forza and GT or are we just basing this off of other people’s opinion? I’m stubborn as hell so if I like something enough, nothing you say will sway my opinion, I’d have to play for myself to see the light :lol:

Own and played the hell out of both. Not just currently but also in previous years.

Man, if you have a wheel you're already way ahead of the game for a SIM racer :lol:

I wish my steering wheel and pedals had hydraulics and haptics! Giving my pedals more feel... now that would be something!

GTS has a ton of great features but Forza has Yas Marina so I'll call it a tie :rofl:

Yas Marina?! :lol:

I will say that I'm disappointed in GTS in that they were too focused on the whole online-racing aspect of it. That's just not my thing. I wanted more cars, tracks and modifying-parameters. Instead, we just got the basic ride-height, spring rate, compression/rebound and so on. I wanted all the various modification components we used to get with 'traditional' GT games, but instead, they chose to simplify everything. Hopefully, this will change in GT7.

I havent played Forza since 4, but at that time, it was the superior game.

You could argue that MAYBE GT was a better full-sim, but the presentation/interface has always been lackluster.

I mean, Forza had Clarkson, Hammond, and May from Top Gear doing voiceover.

Forza Horizon series is the best and most fun racing experience I've had since the Midnight Club days

And there is no question why it is more popular than Forza. It is accessible. And it is almost like an open-world MMO arcade racer.

GT still using those PS2 car models?

PS3*

:rofl:

Son don't hurt people's feelings.

But they stopped doing that in GT6. Which was the last numbered GT.

All GT Sport’s cars are premium (which is an odd thing to say) but they definitely kept some of the PS3 sounds though.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Forza, but what's the difference between Forza and Horizon?

Also.

Back
Top Bottom