The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Loading times are more than just screens with text though. Game designers have been hiding loading in loads of different ways to try not to break immersion.
Ways that don't involve a screen with some lore or your next objectives.

Those slow elevator rides or Nathan Drake squeezing through a small gap in a wall are all ways of hiding load times. We think we're playing the game but it's really just the devs distracting us while loading in a new environment in the background.

With those limitations gone, game design can change in massive ways.

PS5's design really is about removing bottlenecks and it makes sense why that is the main thing devs wanted for the next gen was a fast SSD and I'm happy Sony went over and beyond on the spec.

:lol:
This gone be good.
Gonna start reading that topic now.

Yea now that I think about it those slow elevator rides really be unnecessary lol.
but the lore and mission objectives are good to see

I can't speak for you, but I always felt as I got older I was able to find a bit more time. I had thought you meant 40 was an arbitrary age to stop playing.

Regardless, I understand not wanting to get this remake piecemeal. But reading reviews it seems like this is actually something that might work.

Well this is irritating. Just keep my preorder until it comes out...

:lol:
they waiting till ps5 comes out
man i hate being right
nah i dont
i love it
well actually im really waiting for this game
but whatever
i love being right

gyiUewSWbhdLsmOlFmhrkbOqVf0qOUWXI4zaxZYxgAf4MZzIwZS9rutcBdfkcvFYxOcWhYh1Wn4HekY-FVw_ufP4ynXzrvw3mk0JH1af-gVt9s6NSUzwuVmURIDd35zeQO7I8B1y3_StHSEblxWm7Ev8-w-yS68qQ1-5Y25MjtLOF9XiXvuajtvPME7r-wxfkDyT4iICyU-GS-uxROyu_9VG66FTwSGEVLnAvaYLXRtMmkm-As8H9QiTUrAX45A7fpGc2VYsRRrJ99gX8Ysa4mSoW90DDNTYVOx5dcK6ngXeegANGN5nOcvBa89Ju1UCMsS3q4ypvKDzg9wNltBE3yBSTxidJa_KvqNJ6Y7zqOXJq3f4O42AaVNs_IiSc2OoqJq8NxOKno0tZqLWtOpt7GzmQsnfJPdK5USvZ7iNnsnn7rjWUnUKJasYOHLSdstTkNrmz76Z-LlUIMhhuX3scxv7NRyNzGEKXffhsi-pS_-OJQFm9R3dF75JbMPzG1frBL031_wYQvC36xB_Ac7oFMtYldMFb7eFcH1flTus711f9QKA-YEVrLSFNQTcJA_ZjA823WobrrdutNrbDL76uQfvoGHVgh6eAnIrYHutQmmil3drUNwKza7P8futtmlBV_9QNYw0O4UAeYqSTu0Jhp8R5hrNw5CVCkhhpFicGMzQ9GCfIIN0EK1xlyNJMw=w800-h450-no

Just beat the first Doom.
Game is a solid 9.5. It has little to no fat in it.
Looking forward to Eternal.

Would you recommend it for the 19.99 on PSN?
The only thing I’ve heard people complain about in Eternal Is the platforms get, which I admit got a little annoying.

played ff7 when i was a kid. level 99ed all my characters. i was freaking obsessed with that game.

preordered the ff7 1st class edition like...9 months ago? finally copped a ps4 today. they are nearly sold out everywhere. $650 to play 1 game lolllll
20200406_204155.jpg

I ended up downloading the MW2 remaster for the nostalgia too... but playing it has me wishing they would have given us the multiplayer.
MW2 multiplayer was the goat.

Also just saw Doom for 7.99, had to get it at that price lol. My backlog is just getting bigger with these PSN deals lol

Last edited:
I ended up downloading the MW2 remaster for the nostalgia too... but playing it has me wishing they would have given us the multiplayer.
MW2 multiplayer was the goat.
Just seeing Soap alive though...
I was a bit "invested" in that whole campaign run.

Back
Top Bottom