The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

TV's with HDMI 2:1 should come down in price but this year is upside down so who knows but it will start to become the norm hopefully my November.

I don't think we would see next gen games outside of indie and VR games higher than 60fps.
They will put resources into texture, graphics, ray tracing etc and we will see the usual 30/60 fps as usual

PS4 games though...

There's an update in the article from Jaosn Schrier about the rumours not being true.

You like load times :lol:
Not saying you're lying but I don't think, I've ever heard anyone say that before.

Yea in between missions it’s good so you can see objectives, break in the action etc.

That stuff can be accomplished in more effective ways than a loading screen.

Not sure why Resident Evil 3 is getting bad reviews. The length of the game is weak, but that's pretty standard for RE games. I thought it was :pimp: despite being able to beat it in 6-7 hours

I don't agree with "Nemesis was a lot more random and scary back in the original". There might've been a few of those "random" instances back then, but other than that he popped out at the same places every time you replayed the game.

This might be blasphemy to hardcore RE fans, but I was glad I didn't have to do that many puzzles in this game. I loved RE2, but having to backtrack hundreds of times in the police station was extremely annoying :lol:

Last edited:
Man every time there is a PSN store flash sale these game R* game which I haven't played before I'm tempted to get

The Warriors was a GREAT game. And it has co-op.

Not sure why Resident Evil 3 is getting bad reviews. The length of the game is weak, but that's pretty standard for RE games. I thought it was :pimp: despite being able to beat it in 6-7 hours

I don't agree with "Nemesis was a lot more random and scary back in the original". There might've been a few of those "random" instances back then, but other than that he popped out at the same places every time you replayed the game.

This might be blasphemy to hardcore RE fans, but I was glad I didn't have to do that many puzzles in this game. I loved RE2, but having to backtrack hundreds of times in the police station was extremely annoying :lol:
RE3 was more action based. There was puzzles but not as many and you're right about Nemesis. This is just people remembering things with rose tinted glasses.

Review embargo for FFVII Remake is about to lift in a few hours.

Also I gave in and bought 10 butterfingers for $5 from my local Ralphs supermarket yesterday. Just got the email with the code for Tifa dynamic theme and says I'll get all of the other in game dlc within 3 to 5 business days. I'm just going to give these candy bars away to kids or will re sell them back to a coffee cart stand at work :lol:

I checked and amazon is no longer taking pre orders for this game.

Now back to finishing God Of War. Man this game looks great in 4K HDR :pimp:

Another game engineer and programmer giving his opinion on next gen:

This one from Crytek:

Some key cliffs from the long interview:

"If I understood correctly, is Traflaps the standard for optimizing different parts of the GPU or not? Or what do these floating points mean? How would you describe it for a user who doesn't understand this information?

The problem is with the person who made these public statements that need to be explained now. This technical information does not matter to the average user and is not a measurement criterion.

Graphics cards, for example, have 20 different sections, one of which is Compute Units, which performs the processing. If the rest of the components are next to them in the best possible way, there are no restrictions, the battery does not boot, and as long as the processor has the necessary information, the servers in this mode can operate 12 times of floating-point operation per second. So in an ideal world where we remove all the limiting parameters, that's possible, but it's not.

A good example of this is the X-Series Xbox series hardware. Microsoft has split the RAMs in two. The same mistake that the Xbox One made. One part of RAM has high bandwidth and one part of RAM has low bandwidth. And obviously, encoding this console will have a story. Because the total number of things we have to put in fast RAM is so much that it will be annoying again, and if we want 4K to support it, that's another story. So there will be parts that prevent the graphics card from reaching that speed. "

"Microsoft has insisted that the Xbox Series X frequency is constant under any circumstances, but Sony does not have such an approach and provides the console with a certain amount of energy to use it as a variable and depending on the situation. What are the differences between the two and which will be better for the developer?

What Sony has done is much more logical because it decides whether the graphics card's frequency is higher or the CPU's frequency at certain times, depending on the processing load. For example, on a loading page, only the CPU is needed and the GPU is not used. Or in a close-up scene of the character's face, GPU gets involved and CPU plays a very small role. On the other hand, it's good that the X-Series has good cooling and guarantees to keep the frequency constant and it doesn't have throttling, but the practical freedom that Sony has given is really a big deal. "

"As a programmer and developer, which do you consider the best console for working and coding? PlayStation 5 or Xbox X series?

Definitely PlayStation 5.

As a programmer, I would say that the PlayStation 5 is much better, and I don't think you can find a programmer who can outperform the PlayStation 5 from the Xbox X-Series. For the Xbox, they have to put DirectX and Windows on the console, which is many years old, but for each new console that Sony builds, it also rebuilds the software and APIs in any way it wants. It is in their interest and in our interest. Because there is only one way to do everything, and theirs is the best way possible. "

Source:

This one from Crytek:

"If I understood correctly, is Traflaps the standard for optimizing different parts of the GPU or not? Or what do these floating points mean? How would you describe it for a user who doesn't understand this information?

The problem is with the person who made these public statements that need to be explained now. This technical information does not matter to the average user and is not a measurement criterion.

Graphics cards, for example, have 20 different sections, one of which is Compute Units, which performs the processing. If the rest of the components are next to them in the best possible way, there are no restrictions, the battery does not boot, and as long as the processor has the necessary information, the servers in this mode can operate 12 times of floating-point operation per second. So in an ideal world where we remove all the limiting parameters, that's possible, but it's not.

A good example of this is the X-Series Xbox series hardware. Microsoft has split the RAMs in two. The same mistake that the Xbox One made. One part of RAM has high bandwidth and one part of RAM has low bandwidth. And obviously, encoding this console will have a story. Because the total number of things we have to put in fast RAM is so much that it will be annoying again, and if we want 4K to support it, that's another story. So there will be parts that prevent the graphics card from reaching that speed. "

"Microsoft has insisted that the Xbox Series X frequency is constant under any circumstances, but Sony does not have such an approach and provides the console with a certain amount of energy to use it as a variable and depending on the situation. What are the differences between the two and which will be better for the developer?

What Sony has done is much more logical because it decides whether the graphics card's frequency is higher or the CPU's frequency at certain times, depending on the processing load. For example, on a loading page, only the CPU is needed and the GPU is not used. Or in a close-up scene of the character's face, GPU gets involved and CPU plays a very small role. On the other hand, it's good that the X-Series has good cooling and guarantees to keep the frequency constant and it doesn't have throttling, but the practical freedom that Sony has given is really a big deal. "

"As a programmer and developer, which do you consider the best console for working and coding? PlayStation 5 or Xbox X series?

As a programmer, I would say that the PlayStation 5 is much better, and I don't think you can find a programmer who can outperform the PlayStation 5 from the Xbox X-Series. For the Xbox, they have to put DirectX and Windows on the console, which is many years old, but for each new console that Sony builds, it also rebuilds the software and APIs in any way it wants. It is in their interest and in our interest. Because there is only one way to do everything, and theirs is the best way possible. "

Source:

Stopped reading when they said traflaps :smh:

This one from Crytek:

Source:

source.gif

Grasping for straws because everybody knows the Series X ****s all over the StruggleStation5.

I fear for society when people fail to realize that its a translated conversation and laugh at the grammatical errors as if the person said it themselves

Also, someone initially posted that in the main ps5 thread on era and I knew it was going to spark a civil war when it got it own thread :lol:

I fear for society when people fail to realize that its a translated conversation and laugh at the grammatical errors as if the person said it themselves

Also, someone initially posted that in the main ps5 thread on era and I knew it was going to spark a civil war when it got it own thread :lol:
Whats era? Can you link that thread

Yea in between missions it’s good so you can see objectives, break in the action etc.
Loading times are more than just screens with text though. Game designers have been hiding loading in loads of different ways to try not to break immersion.
Ways that don't involve a screen with some lore or your next objectives.

Those slow elevator rides or Nathan Drake squeezing through a small gap in a wall are all ways of hiding load times. We think we're playing the game but it's really just the devs distracting us while loading in a new environment in the background.

With those limitations gone, game design can change in massive ways.

PS5's design really is about removing bottlenecks and it makes sense why that is the main thing devs wanted for the next gen was a fast SSD and I'm happy Sony went over and beyond on the spec.

:lol:
This gone be good.
Gonna start reading that topic now.

Whats era? Can you link that thread

Well this is irritating. Just keep my preorder until it comes out...

According to the store’s official support page, fans who previously purchased a digital copy on the PS Store will automatically receive a refund. Those for whom this applies should check their email for additional information.

Back
Top Bottom