The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Criminally overrated

Dial it down, would ya?

It is my G, sorry - the shortcomings are blatantly obvious. The 'game' is mediocre but the presentation is good. The super high scores are suspect as hell and I've been playing video games for decades.

But...it's not rated that highly. It has an 82 metacritic. That seems fair.

Most mainstream outlets didn't give it high scores.

That 82 metacritic is too high IMO, it's somewhere between 60-70 but again that's just my opinion.

It's possible the super high scores are by cats who tossed the game on the 'Very Easy' difficulty and just blew through it in order to get the review published.

Last edited:
Haven't finished Horizon yet but the gameplay is what surprised me the most. I didn't think it'll be that good.
Story is good so far, hopefully it stays that way.
Horizon boring? Hail gnaw.. that game was fire and I couldn’t put it down. Ran through it quickly :pimp:

Gameplay and pacing are on point with HZD. The combat is a mixed bag depending on the approach you take - you can go head to head with the 'bots or you can get the override ability and use the weaker ones to fight the larger ones.

Some of the boss fights were genuinely hard and exciting. The game's plot and lore starts of great and is engaging but takes a complete nosedive at the end. The doctor/scientist that Aloy is descendant/clone off is literally a female Jesus based on the narrative. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That 82 metacritic is too high IMO, it's somewhere between 60-70 but again that's just my opinion.

It's possible the super high scores are by cats who tossed the game on the 'Very Easy' difficulty and just blew through it in order to get the review published.
I would give it a 65. I’ve spent like 12 hours playing it so far and have no urge to play it again. The online feature is dope though and building in the game is pretty fun. The building aspect makes the game ok.

Game's been out for 3 years my G and it's a Playstation 'Greatest Hits', I ain't putting that in spoilers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4738701-6447452492-tumbl.gif

:rofl: Wooow. I thought for sure those rumors would be true.

Talk about a let down... although I really enjoyed Cities Skylines.

I bought Cities Skylines (PC) shortly after lockdown began. It's cool, but I've spent more time in the map editor, watching tip videos on youtube, and looking at mods than I have in the city building :lol:.

I just play with unlimited money and want to build cool looking cities, nothing else really. So I am enjoying it for that. My first city was going well, but I wasn't building with the fact that I could buy 8 more plots of land. I kinda just built a city on one plot. So I'm reworking my map with that in mind.

The hardest part for me is building highway and train systems.

Back
Top Bottom