The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I just had this convo yesterday, Age of Consents always creeped me out. If that’s a question/factor in your relationship, then you shouldn’t be having it.

Did NT shutdown for 24 hours in hour of George Floyd and his memorial service ?

Or did Russian Hackers hit the site and the amazon cloud hosting services that NT runs on?

the-last-dance-just-produced-the-next-great-michael-jordan-meme.jpg

Royal. I'll write a more thorough review when I'm on my computer, but... in a nutshell. It's like watching the extended versions of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings back to back, meaning that while the extra content is appreciated, it's not really needee in a game that was honestly already too long. Also, while a lot of the new content is integrated nicely, the new character is definitely not one. You have to max out her social link before the lasy chapters in order to play as her, which is not explained at all. There's no way in hell I'm playing through this game again anytime soon. I would say that this is obviously the definitive version of the game, but is it worth paying full price when the base game can be had for less than $10 now? This should have been a $30 DLC at best and not a full priced rerelease. The graphics are nice but don't seem much improved from the base game as I remember, and that's playing it on the PS4 Pro on a 4k display.

Over all... not a 10 in my book but a solid 8.

Also it took my 9 hours LESS time to beat this game compared to the OG.

20180423_101022.jpg

I'm cool with paying full price for it but I kind of had an idea of what I was getting into as far as changes from P5 went. I'm really enjoying it and it's def an upgrade from P5 IMO; combat is streamlined, they added a lot more depth/interactions to Akechi, Mementos doesn't feel like as much of chore, the school therapist is a great character addition, small changes in palaces/boss fights were done well too. Haven't got to the third term but I am glad I read that I have to have the 3 confidants that need to be maxed out by a certain time when I started the game or I would've been heated.

Linus finally got to researching the PS5 after calling out how it couldn't be better than the current PC solutions.
Good to see even a PC centric guy can appreciate what the PS5's SSD will bring to the table.
Even admits PC's will likely be the lowest common denominator in terms of hard drive speeds, at least at the beginning of next gen.
Not good for third party games.

One thing he also mentions is how traditionally games have had to have the same data replicated multiple times on a hard disk so that it can be read and loaded faster.
Insomniac had a GDC presentation that showed this last year for SpiderMan.

1591401762032.png

With SSD's as the baseline, this won't have to happen since assets can be read and loaded faster so an asset won't need to be duplicated wasting space on your hard drive.
I don't expect games to get much smaller next gen since assets will have higher res textures and all but if more can fit on disk then it's less time downloading day 1 patches and more flexibility in general.

So not only did current hard drive slow down SpiderMan's web swinging, it also caused the game to be bloated in size by 10GB.

Its things like this that get me excited for next gen to see what developers come up with.

Now's the time to work on the backlog because I have a feeling once next gen gets fully going we're going to be spoilt and it might be hard to go back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom