The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

any answer short of "hell %^#* no" when asked if he was sexually attracted to young boys is unacceptable.

he was stammering

Am I absolutely incompetent or is the full interview with Bob Costas NOWHERE online? I've spent the past 10 minutes or so looking for it and can't find it anywhere.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Sandusky didn't sound convincing at all. If it was me and I was accused of crimes that I KNEW I didn't commit, I would have been yelling my %%% off PLEADING my innocence.
And what would yelling do? I mean you are in a lose lose situation. If you are calm, then people assume what you are assuming. If you yell, I would assume you are trying too hard.
Did you listen to the interview?  Dude sounded AWFUL....

Showering naked w/ 10 year old boys and towel whipping constitutes "horseplay???"  Again...if I knew I was 100% innocent I would have done a better job of pleading my case. 

I mean...it's even more basic than that. He straight up admitted he was in the shower with little boys. It doesn't take a detective to come to the conclusion he was doing more with little boys if he admitted to showering with them. That's just not a good look. And whenever you have to stall by repeating the question, you're about to lie. Body language from that interview spoke loud and clear.

Originally Posted by AG 47

And what would yelling do? I mean you are in a lose lose situation. If you are calm, then people assume what you are assuming. If you yell, I would assume you are trying too hard.

Showering naked w/ 10 year old boys and towel whipping constitutes "horseplay???"  Again...if I knew I was 100% innocent I would have done a better job of pleading my case. 

I mean...it's even more basic than that. He straight up admitted he was in the shower with little boys. It doesn't take a detective to come to the conclusion he was doing more with little boys if he admitted to showering with them. That's just not a good look. And whenever you have to stall by repeating the question, you're about to lie. Body language from that interview spoke loud and clear.
Exactly, if someone ask you, "are you attracted to little boys" and you have to stop to repeat the question, "am I attracted to little boys?" while trying to think up how best to answer what should be a simple yes or no question...... SMH. 

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Am I absolutely incompetent or is the full interview with Bob Costas NOWHERE online? I've spent the past 10 minutes or so looking for it and can't find it anywhere.
http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...view-i-shouldnt-have-showered-with-those-kids

LOL what the hell, I already  went to that page and the video was only a 52 second clip, now I click on it and they have the whole thing. Thanks though.

@PeterAlexander
Peter Alexander
# BREAKING (2) McQueary: "... the truth is not out there fully... I didn't just turn and run... I made sure it stopped..."
1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji]

51.gif

aaaand, I just read that Sandusky's lawyer impregnated a 17yo back in the 90s. He's 63 now.

*wee-bay .gif* indeed. I NEED to see what else happened now and whether there's actually more to McQueary than what we've seen.

Sandusky didn't sound convincing at all. If it was me and I was accused of crimes that I KNEW I didn't commit, I would have been yelling my %%% off PLEADING my innocence.

Again, if the world thinks you are guilty, nothing you can say is really an example of "doing a better job of pleading your case."

Yes I listened to it and I honestly prefer the cool and calm approach to the situation. Yelling and getting angry/emotional does not make you look any more innocent if everyone already thinks you did it. No win situation as I said. He could have had Jesus on 3 way and nobody would still be in his corner.

This was talked about last night...and I DO see some of the parallels.

In comparison to Michael Jackson, many people who are in his corner are saying the SAME things. "He's just an overgrown kid." We all know the allegations brought against Mike, but people defended his behavior with children till they were blue in the face. %%$+, we had discussions on NT where certain folks thought it was just in Mike's nature to be as affectionate towards children as he was. I even remember a NTer going as far as saying they'd have no problem letting their child spend the night in the neverland ranch w. MJ
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Anyways, I'm wondering (for those who defended Mike), what's your stance on Sandusky?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

not sure if this is my place to say ... but i hope u stood up for ur brother and called out every single member of your family that has taken sides the husband for what he did to the young girl ... b/c i'm truly disgusted by ur story ... our society is so backwards at times ... people that do the right thing get treated as if they did the crime

Oh make no mistake, my brother knew I had his back when he was telling me what he was going to do a couple years ago, and he knows I have his back now. I have told everyone in my family… through FB, texts, phone calls, and a couple people in person… that I have deep respect and appreciation for my brother, and that if they want nothing to do w/ him, then I want nothing to do them. And I know JoePa got wind of stories like this just like you guys are all reading about it, and he saw the way things unfolded just the same way you guys ade all reading me tell you how it has all unfolded in my family. I know he knew about these kinds of stories and decided to stay on the figurative sidelines; I just don't care.

I don't get it.. My family would have done the complete opposite. Something similar happened with my sisters ex, and we ALL cut him off.
I'm not trying to derail the thread by throwing my personal stuff out there, but sucfice it to say both my paternal and maternal sides of the family are extremely dysfunctional, for two different reasons. Physical abuse and severe tempers run deep in my dad's side of the family, and sexual abuse and heavy drug use run DEEP in my mom's side of the family. Some of the siblings that have ostracized my brother were also sexually abused by my mom's husband, and they are now grown adults who would rather everyone keep pretending nothing ever happened.

The lawyer for the monster was 49 when he got a 16 year old girl pregnant & was helping her become an emancipated adult...Scandal keeps getting weirder & weirder... Link to NY Post article here.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Oh make no mistake, my brother knew I had his back when he was telling me what he was going to do a couple years ago, and he knows I have his back now. I have told everyone in my family… through FB, texts, phone calls, and a couple people in person… that I have deep respect and appreciation for my brother, and that if they want nothing to do w/ him, then I want nothing to do them. And I know JoePa got wind of stories like this just like you guys are all reading about it, and he saw the way things unfolded just the same way you guys ade all reading me tell you how it has all unfolded in my family. I know he knew about these kinds of stories and decided to stay on the figurative sidelines; I just don't care.

I don't get it.. My family would have done the complete opposite. Something similar happened with my sisters ex, and we ALL cut him off.
I'm not trying to derail the thread by throwing my personal stuff out there, but sucfice it to say both my paternal and maternal sides of the family are extremely dysfunctional, for two different reasons. Physical abuse and severe tempers run deep in my dad's side of the family, and sexual abuse and heavy drug use run DEEP in my mom's side of the family. Some of the siblings that have ostracized my brother were also sexually abused by my mom's husband, and they are now grown adults who would rather everyone keep pretending nothing ever happened.

Jesus
30t6p3b.gif

Also....

This is from another MB (discussing WHY McQueary's comments about "trying to stop" what was happening was left off the GJ report):

Mike and Mike had Roger Cossack on and said it very well could have been left off (the admission of stopping the incident) as a way for legal maneuvering during the trial on the prosecution's end. Which iif that is the case, seeing what Mike has gone through they need to publically state if what Mike is saying is true or not. Roger says the grand jury has the legal authority to do it too.

This was talked about last night...and I DO see some of the parallels.

In comparison to Michael Jackson, many people who are in his corner are saying the SAME things. "He's just an overgrown kid." We all know the allegations brought against Mike, but people defended his behavior with children till they were blue in the face. %%$+, we had discussions on NT where certain folks thought it was just in Mike's nature to be as affectionate towards children as he was. I even remember a NTer going as far as saying they'd have no problem letting their child spend the night in the neverland ranch w. MJ
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Anyways, I'm wondering (for those who defended Mike), what's your stance on Sandusky?
Its a cult mentality.

Thats what happens when people deify individuals that they revere. 

They can do NO wrong. 

I once had jury duty. The case centered around the fact that this little girl had been sexually abused by her father. There was later a mistrial declared but its really crazy how it happened. Basically the expert they had on the stand said that when victims get abused there is a syndrome that occurs where the victim acts as if it didn't happen. So when the little girl took the stand, she straight up said that her father didn't touch her at all... and we were all completely confused. We didn't know who to believe. Then the prosecution messed up and let us know something they shouldn't have. So a mistrial was declared. Come to find out that the guy was already in jail for a previous assault charge and the police officer FOUND HER when she was abused and the man had already some-what admitted to doing what he did. 

Victimization is a real thing. fear of retribution or fear of punishing those who are supposed to love us drives many people to ignore doing the right thing.

Looking back, I really don't know what MJ did or not... I remember hearing that one of his accusers from early on recanted his story or something but I don't know if thats true. 

But this has to be only about the victims. 

not sure if this is my place to say ... but i hope u stood up for ur brother and called out every single member of your family that has taken sides the husband for what he did to the young girl ... b/c i'm truly disgusted by ur story ... our society is so backwards at times ... people that do the right thing get treated as if they did the crime

i'm glad u guys have stood up for what is right ... major props to u ...

a lot of people don't want to confront the situation and many people fear being alone and chose to ignore the fact that they are with someone that is doing these horrific things 

@PeterAlexander
Peter Alexander
# BREAKING (2) McQueary: "... the truth is not out there fully... I didn't just turn and run... I made sure it stopped..."

51.gif

aaaand, I just read that Sandusky's lawyer impregnated a 17yo back in the 90s. He's 63 now.

What the hell is going on with the thought process of some of these people up there??

Originally Posted by Deuce King

@PeterAlexander
Peter Alexander

51.gif

What the hell is going on with the thought process of some of these people up there??

Makes you realize how $%@-backwards some people are...
30t6p3b.gif

if mcqueary did stop it ... then %#+ .... b/c everyone saw sandusky w/ the little boys on campus years later ... so what gives ... this is the wildest thing ever

i need to get back to skyrim ...

if mcqueary did stop it ... then %#+ .... b/c everyone saw sandusky w/ the little boys on campus years later ... so what gives ... this is the wildest thing ever

Ok...here's my thinking now.  Suppose McQueary's statement IS true about trying to stop Sandusky.  What's his (McQueary's) angle for staying at Penn State?  Promises???  Blackmail???  And then, what's Paterno's rationale for KEEPING Sandusky around in addition to the year overlap between telling him he won't be the coach in waiting and when he was discovered to have showered w. the boy???

30t6p3b.gif

Indeed.  I mean seriously, how many more twists and turns can this story take, and that not even withstanding the original claims by the victims??  The judge who granted Sandusky bail used to work at Sandusky's organization, but did not reveal the conflict of interest at the time.  The lawyer representing Sandusky got a 17 year old girl pregnanat in the 90's.  Joe Pa gets the boot as head coach but McQueary is only placed on administrative leave.  McQueary says he stopped said incident from occuring any further.  The DA investigating this case from the start was found "slumped in the trunk" with the hard-drive missing from the laptop.  You just know that there are even more strange occurences that are about to be revealed.    

Originally Posted by Deuce King

30t6p3b.gif

Indeed.  I mean seriously, how many more twists and turns can this story take, and that not even withstanding the original claims by the victims??  The judge who granted Sandusky bail used to work at Sandusky's organization, but did not reveal the conflict of interest at the time.  The lawyer representing Sandusky got a 17 year old girl pregnanat in the 90's.  Joe Pa gets the boot as head coach but McQueary is only placed on administrative leave.  McQueary says he stopped said incident from occuring any further.  The DA investigating this case from the start was found "slumped in the trunk" with the hard-drive missing from the laptop.  You just know that there are even more strange occurences that are about to be revealed.    
Makes you wonder about the type of dirt that's going to come out when this goes to trial.  As Bomani Jones said (and as scary as it may seem), no matter what you think of Sandusky, his conviction for his crimes may not be a slam-dunk. 
30t6p3b.gif

EVERYTHING involving this case makes me +!*%%@# sick.  It's criminal to think that he's walking around WITHOUT an ankle monitor....

From the outside looking in, it seems that there is a group of these guys up there doing this regularly.
30t6p3b.gif

I am sure more people will be exposed when this does go to trial.

Ok...here's my thinking now.  Suppose McQueary's statement IS true about trying to stop Sandusky.  What's his (McQueary's) angle for staying at Penn State?  Promises???  Blackmail???  And then, what's Paterno's rationale for KEEPING Sandusky around in addition to the year overlap between telling him he won't be the coach in waiting and when he was discovered to have showered w. the boy???

word ... they need to just go to trial ... the questions ure asking may make this worse ....

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

From the outside looking in, it seems that there is a group of these guys up there doing this regularly.
30t6p3b.gif

I am sure more people will be exposed when this does go to trial.

When I heard about the pimping, I knew it was about to get SUPER real.
Think of it like an ad on a website...when you sell something more people know about you selling things...than actually buying...which means however many people actually bought these kids for prostitution, then there are MANY MANY more that were made aware that these services were available. 

Back
Top Bottom