The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Mike Missanelli from 97.5 in Philly is reporting that companies are pulling out of internships and co-ops from Penn State. Smh if this is true, why punish the students?

I've been waiting on 2 co-op opportunities that said they would get back to me last week, letting me know if I got it or not. I have yet to hear from them...I'll be damned if this is true.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Mike Missanelli from 97.5 in Philly is reporting that companies are pulling out of internships and co-ops from Penn State. Smh if this is true, why punish the students?

I've been waiting on 2 co-op opportunities that said they would get back to me last week, letting me know if I got it or not. I have yet to hear from them...I'll be damned if this is true.
I could be reaching, but how about because the general student body at PSU has taken a stand behind Paterno and what not...

af1 1982 wrote:

Having taught pseudo communications skills at community centers to drop out teens working to get GEDs I always teach them how important first impressions are.

That student demonstration after that rat bastard was fired was the wrong thing for the country to see. Whether intended or not, you psu students sent a loud & violent message of support to someone who allowed the rape of kids. The vigil this past Friday was what the country should've seen  Wednesday night.

Also, the chant of "We are Penn State" comes across incredibly negative & I don't think you guys realize that. I was having dinner with 12 family members when we saw the acting president's commercial. We're all college educated & we all cringed when he said that.

This scandal is going to live on for quite a bit of time & your school is going to go through an extremely dark time. I can tell you the Division President & the Regional VP of a large national company I work for are backing out of anything psu related. I learned that today.

I totally understand how we came off negative and whatnot and I'll be fully responsible because I am part of the student body.

It's just devastating because of how the actions of a few dumbasses effects everybody, even those who did everything right. I guess that's life. Keep it moving.

Now i'm sure they're just trolling... 
eek.gif

roll.gif

[h2]Bishops offer Penn State help to prevent abuse[/h2]

By Cathy Lynn Grossman

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-state-we-can-help-prevent-abuse/1?csp=34news/i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/caption0.gif);">http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/caption0.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">CAPTION

By Mario Tama, Getty Images
If all the institutions that work with children-- from schools to Scouts to sports leagues -- want to stand together to prevent child abuse, the Catholic Church would "exuberantly welcome" the chance to join in "a major national educational campaign" to prevent abuse, the leader of the American bishops said Monday.
The erupting scandal at Penn State brought the horrors of theCatholic clerical sex abuse crisis back into the headlines this month and it made the bishops freshly "bow our heads in shame and contrition," said Archbishop of New York Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, at the annual fall meeting in Baltimore on Monday.

The bishops, whose policies and secrecy once allowed abuse to fester for decades, set forth in 2002 to create model screening programs and "safe environment training" for abuse protection and prevention.

No such coalition exists -- yet -- Dolan said.

He said more than once that the Church is "timid about giving advice," but it stands ready to join any groups that want to take on this society-wide problem. "We haven't been a good example in the past but we are trying to become one," he said.

DO YOU THINK ... the bishops' lessons would serve Penn State and other universities and institutions?

See photos of: Penn State University

"I am innocent of those charges," the 67-year-old Sandusky said. "... I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact."

SMFH

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

not sure if this is my place to say ... but i hope u stood up for ur brother and called out every single member of your family that has taken sides the husband for what he did to the young girl ... b/c i'm truly disgusted by ur story ... our society is so backwards at times ... people that do the right thing get treated as if they did the crime

Oh make no mistake, my brother knew I had his back when he was telling me what he was going to do a couple years ago, and he knows I have his back now. I have told everyone in my family… through FB, texts, phone calls, and a couple people in person… that I have deep respect and appreciation for my brother, and that if they want nothing to do w/ him, then I want nothing to do them. And I know JoePa got wind of stories like this just like you guys are all reading about it, and he saw the way things unfolded just the same way you guys ade all reading me tell you how it has all unfolded in my family. I know he knew about these kinds of stories and decided to stay on the figurative sidelines; I just don't care.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

"I am innocent of those charges," the 67-year-old Sandusky said. "... I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact."
 SMFH
this creep gets showered with advice from his lawyers and he comes out and admits this?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

not sure if this is my place to say ... but i hope u stood up for ur brother and called out every single member of your family that has taken sides the husband for what he did to the young girl ... b/c i'm truly disgusted by ur story ... our society is so backwards at times ... people that do the right thing get treated as if they did the crime

Oh make no mistake, my brother knew I had his back when he was telling me what he was going to do a couple years ago, and he knows I have his back now. I have told everyone in my family… through FB, texts, phone calls, and a couple people in person… that I have deep respect and appreciation for my brother, and that if they want nothing to do w/ him, then I want nothing to do them. And I know JoePa got wind of stories like this just like you guys are all reading about it, and he saw the way things unfolded just the same way you guys ade all reading me tell you how it has all unfolded in my family. I know he knew about these kinds of stories and decided to stay on the figurative sidelines; I just don't care.
That is a wild story. I won't tell you how to live your life but if anyone isn't talking to my brother because of this, I am erasing those people from my life. And I would be 100% stern/serious. Why won't you all have a sit down and talk about it. That might be the most irrational piece of info I have heard on here man. Damn shame. How the hell can your mother be intimate with a man that did what he did. SMH. Sorry for tallking about your folks man.

McQueary making some interesting comments
Apparently he sent out an e-mail to his former teammates. A reporter at NBC tweeted some of the content.

@PeterAlexander
Peter Alexander
# BREAKING (1) # Sanduskywitness, McQueary email to fmr. teammates: "I did the right thing…you guys know me…" # PennState
1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji]

@PeterAlexander
Peter Alexander
# BREAKING (2) McQueary: "... the truth is not out there fully... I didn't just turn and run... I made sure it stopped..."

@PeterAlexander
Peter Alexander
# BREAKING (3) McQueary: "... I had to make quick tough decisions…" # PennState @ NBCNews # Exclusive

@PeterAlexander
Peter Alexander
# BREAKING (2) McQueary: "... the truth is not out there fully... I didn't just turn and run... I made sure it stopped..."

51.gif

aaaand, I just read that Sandusky's lawyer impregnated a 17yo back in the 90s. He's 63 now.

Has anyone thought maybe, just maybe, just maybe, Joe P had a "hand" in all of this? How surprised would you be if he was found to be in on the action as well?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Has anyone thought maybe, just maybe, just maybe, Joe P had a "hand" in all of this? How surprised would you be if he was found to be in on the action as well?
Nothing involving this case would shock me anymore....and it's sad. 

As unlikely as it may be that Joe Paterno actually had a hand in these acts, you just never know. 

Speaking of....

here's an account from a sexually-abused (not at Penn State) ex-grad Assistant w. the football team...he had some WEIRD details:

It should be made clear that Paknis did not witness any sexual abuse while at Penn State as a graduate assistant coach in 1987 and 1988, before leaving to pursue an MBA at the University of Rhode Island. He did, however, see some things that made him queasy, especially in light of his own background, and especially when it came to Sandusky.

“He was always grabbing the players,

I couldn't go no more after Sandusky's answer to the "sexually attracted to boys" question from Costas. That pause he had and him pulling the ol' R.Kelly "describe teenage" made my blood boil. Had to change the channel. Filthy piece of %%%*.

Costas must have gotten some pre-approved questions from Sandusky's team. He treaded VERY lightly with what he was asking and the lack of follow-up.

Sandusky didn't sound convincing at all. If it was me and I was accused of crimes that I KNEW I didn't commit, I would have been yelling my %%% off PLEADING my innocence.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Sandusky didn't sound convincing at all. If it was me and I was accused of crimes that I KNEW I didn't commit, I would have been yelling my %%% off PLEADING my innocence.
And what would yelling do? I mean you are in a lose lose situation. If you are calm, then people assume what you are assuming. If you yell, I would assume you are trying too hard.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

And what would yelling do? I mean you are in a lose lose situation. If you are calm, then people assume what you are assuming. If you yell, I would assume you are trying too hard.
Did you listen to the interview?  Dude sounded AWFUL....

Showering naked w/ 10 year old boys and towel whipping constitutes "horseplay???"  Again...if I knew I was 100% innocent I would have done a better job of pleading my case. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I don't get it.. My family would have done the complete opposite. Something similar happened with my sisters ex, and we ALL cut him off.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by af1 1982

I could be reaching, but how about because the general student body at PSU has taken a stand behind Paterno and what not...
if thats the case then that is the definition of a rash reaction. I would hope those companies don't have the same mentality as college students. The whole cause that has been brought up by this scandal is the helping of kids, why punish kids by taking away internships?

Back
Top Bottom