The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Completely shocked at Coach K's comments.

why? hes another one of them college coaches who people think are gods. who prolly walk around the campus like his %%## don't stink 
laugh.gif

Sick and tired of people using Joe Paterno's age as an excuse....he wasn't too old to parade around as a mascot for PSU, but now he's too old to have had common sense to have done something about harboring a pedophile under his watch. Give me a *#!!@!# break.
30t6p3b.gif

Who cares if McQueary or Paterno had notified the police....dude should have been FIRED as soon as the first allegations surfaced.  THAT falls on the BOT and Paterno. There is NO defense (in my mind) that absolves Paterno from wrong-doing.  He's scum. 

Mike McQueary, the Penn State assistant football coach under fire for his reported lack of action in an alleged 2002 rape of a boy by Jerry Sandusky, said in an email to a former classmate that he stopped the assault in an athletic facility shower and discussed it with police.

In the email obtained by the Allentown (Pa.) Morning Call, McQueary wrote that he "did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police" following the alleged incident between Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant coach, and a boy. McQueary also wrote that he "is getting hammered for handling this the right way or what I thought at the time was right."

"I had to make tough impacting quick decisions," McQueary wrote.

http://www.latimes.com/sp...11116-14,0,6261350.story

This whole situation is baffling....he told the police (about what he SAW)...but yet still had no problems playing golf with him and being around him on campus. Makes no sense at all...

My favorite continues to be the media and "we put too much praise,worship, and power on coaches." And then the next scandal they will say the exact same thing. And then the next one. Meanwhile throughout the year (and the next year and the next) ESPN and the like will continue to prop up the coaching fraternities like they are saints and gods and nothing will change. You cannot make this stuff up.

Paterno's age now is an excuse yet a week ago he was a god and "look at him he's still going strong. How does he do this, he's one of a kind. JoePa for President."

And hey, he got that wins record ya'll.

With that said I hope no 85 year old man ever again runs a football factory in my lifetime.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by NobleKane

why? hes another one of them college coaches who people think are gods. who prolly walk around the campus like his %%## don't stink 
laugh.gif

Oh so now we're taking shots at K for being political abotu the situation and not picking a side in a matter that honestly isn't his to decide?

Oh ok.  Furthermore he's not the 1st nor will he be the last to speak about Joe being from a different era in terms of the way they handled matters.  If a person doesn't just come out and condemn Joe then they're supporting him or hitching their wagon on the train? What part of the game is this? From the way he answered the question it seemed like he didn't want to comment on it at all and tried to stay respectfully in the middle.  But its K who's reveered for his coaching so of course he's in the line of fire the minute someone mentions it to him.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

For someone who has constantly combated the use of generalizations in this thread, I'm surprised that af1 made the same boneheaded mistake.
I feel like you have no soul to still be a supporter of JoePa and PSU. It is one of the the most dangerous, and dishonest outlooks you can have (sounds ridiculous).

Supporter of Joe Pa? Hardly. How many times do I have to say it, he deserves blame 100% and anybody who thinks otherwise is a complete !%*%$++ moron. I just don't think he should have gotten fired.Don't agree with me? Than you don't agree with the victims. Their attorneys have stated that the BoT got it all wrong when they fired  Joe Pa. Victims viewpoint >> anybody elses viewpoint on this matter. 
Supporter of PSU? Absolutely. And yes, maybe I shouldn't have made that generalization and I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I'll own up to it and apologize. This is my school, this has been my second home for the last 2 years. So yes, I support Penn State 100%. Tell me how wrong I am for it, it's not something I haven't heard before. I love this school and that's me. Deal with it or @$%* *cue sillyputty and other NTers ready to rip my post apart*

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is someone in denial.
If the PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY gets fired, what makes you think Joe Paterno deserved to stay? I'm not sure if you realize the chain of command here...and The President doesn't even probably know what Paterno does on a day to day basis, while Paterno probably spoke to Sandusky monthly. 

What is the elephant in the room that we haven't seen yet??
Why the hell did the entire state of Pennsylvania protect Sandusky? What leverage does he have? What am I missing here, something doesnt add up to me.

So what, back in the day dudes used to shower w/ boys and it was no big deal?

I hate that tired @@% "It's a generational difference in culture" excuse. Previous evils are supposed to be learned from and then used as lessons, not crutches to continue more atrocities.

"Oh, he's just old school. Be easy." Pfft.
dumb #%% comment ... i stated earlier in this thread about coach k's mouth when he spoke against rousse in the baylor case for snitching ... all these dudes don't get it ... he can sit there and act like b knight was a saint ... that dude choked a player, etc ... what part of coaching is that ... you're a coach ... win games ... u ain't nothing more ... all of us prop these guys up ... i love the duke ball program but coach k is an idiot ...

1 coach i think would have thrown paterno under the bus would be Geno A. ... he comes across like a straight shooter ... but who knows ... this coaching fraternity nonsense is ridiculous ... some people need to learn to keep their mouths shut

oh and those tweets are
eek.gif
... this is a terrible situation ... i am not even worrying about the "we are penn state" people ... like what does that even mean at this point ... this stuff was so widespread ... so many people are looking at this from so many different angles ... they will get to the bottom of it all ... many more
eek.gif
 coming ...  

Check this out....got this article from a SbB tweet...

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Joe Paterno transferred full ownership of his house to his wife, Sue, for $1 in July, less than four months before a sexual abuse scandal engulfed his Penn State football program and the university.

According to documents filed with the county, the house’s fair-market value was listed at $594,484.40. Wick Sollers, a lawyer for Paterno, said in an e-mail that the Paternos had been engaged in a “multiyear estate planning program,

My wife (who's a defense attorney) says Sandusky's attorney has something planned for trial by allowing Sandusky to do the interview.

As much as we think that Sandusky incriminated himself by saying he enjoys being around young people, ect.doesn't mean that he'll be convicted. My wife tends to think (if she was Sandusky's attorney) if McQueery that he would be a bad witness for the Prosecution.

Originally Posted by rashi

My wife (who's a defense attorney) says Sandusky's attorney has something planned for trial by allowing Sandusky to do the interview.

As much as we think that Sandusky incriminated himself by saying he enjoys being around young people, ect.doesn't mean that he'll be convicted. My wife tends to think (if she was Sandusky's attorney) if McQueery that he would be a bad witness for the Prosecution.

Rashi...ask her about what would happen if Sandusky pleaded insanity? 

The @#$% is goin on in that state? 
sick.gif
  It's time to just go back to 49 states and wipe that joint out.  Start over or somethin. 

Hell, who knew that these days Mike Vick is the cleanest dude in that state. 
laugh.gif

Sold his spot for a buck 4 months ago, went and got that record, the report comes out days later.  Yeah, all coincidence.  Sure. 
eyes.gif

I'm always one to wait for all the facts, but selling the house for a dollar is strange as hell and certainly doesn't look good.

People commenting on things they know nothing about as usual. It's silly how the media puts a certain angle out without all the facts so you sheep can run with it.

Fact 1 - the house was jointly owned Joe and his wife
Fact 2 - Pennsylvania has tenancy by the entirety protection

That means if you own property with your spouse it is EXEMPT from creditor claims against one spouse. Only creditors suing Joe and his wife would have a claim against the house. So enlighten me on how Joe is shielding his house when it was already EXEMPT before the transfer?

Have a nice day.

Originally Posted by H8MENOW

People commenting on things they know nothing about as usual. It's silly how the media puts a certain angle out without all the facts so you sheep can run with it.

Fact 1 - the house was jointly owned Joe and his wife
Fact 2 - Pennsylvania has tenancy by the entirety protection

That means if you own property with your spouse it is EXEMPT from creditor claims against one spouse. Only creditors suing Joe and his wife would have a claim against the house. So enlighten me on how Joe is shielding his house when it was already EXEMPT before the transfer?

Have a nice day.
Ok, so then why sell it for a dollar?  And if a tax lawyer says he sees no benefit, what else is there? 

The house isn't really being "sold". It's a just a transfer and there has to be a nominal value on the deed. Thus the $1 amount, if you searched through your county's real estate records, you'd probably find quite a few $1 "sales".

Originally Posted by dreClark

greggdoyelcbsGregg Doyel
Last update: PSU professors have told students it's a done deal: Paterno statue going down over Thanksgiving

Not surprised....they're gonna erase the memory of Joe Paterno, bit by bit.    

*It's not so much that he transfered the house over for $1....IT'S THE TIMING!!!

Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Unsecured Bail Raised Campaign Funds From Board Members of Sandusky's Charity

Deadspin.com

Wow.  Leslie Dutchtot, the judge who let Jerry Sandusky out of jail on $100,000 bail, took money from several people involved with The Second Mile when she was running for district judge a few years ago.
The news that Dutchtot benefited from contributions from a campaign fundraiser hosted by Bob Poole, the chairperson of The Second Mile, was revealed yesterday by Pennsylvania Representative Mike Vereb, who posted two of Dutchtot's campaign finance reports from May and June of 2007. Poole appears on both of them. Could be two fundraisers. Or two checks cut to Dutchtot on different days. The documents don't specify. Regardless, Poole donated or raised $2,463.02.

But he's not the only one from The Second Mile who brought money into her campaign. Lance Shaner, a big businessman who served on The Second Mile board from 1998 through 2006, donated or raised $1,000 for Dutchtot in May 2007. And his son Mathias chipped in with $196.36. We should also note that Shaner was one of the biggest individual donors to Tom Corbett's 2010 campaign. Shaner gave the current governor $155,550.

And there's one more connection to The Second Mile in these documents. That'd be Daniel Hawbaker, who donated or raised $250 for Dutchtot. Hawbaker is the CEO of Glenn O Hawbaker, Inc., a State College excavation company that's not only a regular donor to The Second Mile but also has one of its vice presidents, Michael Hawbaker, sitting on the charity's central board. (For what it's worth, the Hawbakers have also given a lot of money to Corbett.)

Keep in mind that these are Dutchtot's campaign finance reports from only two months, released by Vereb because they have Poole's name on them. One can only guess what other Second Milers might appear on different reports. Vereb has issued a sternly worded letter to attorney general Linda Kelly requesting that she recuse herself from the case should she have ties to The Second Mile. All documents below:

http://deadspin.com/58601...ers-of-sanduskys-charity
"I won't comment about her decision in that case, but I will say I don't believe any district judge here in Monroe County would have set a bail amount that low for someone charged with what Sandusky is charged with," Monroe County District Attorney David Christine said.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Unsecured Bail Raised Campaign Funds From Board Members of Sandusky's Charity

Deadspin.com

Wow.  Leslie Dutchtot, the judge who let Jerry Sandusky out of jail on $100,000 bail, took money from several people involved with The Second Mile when she was running for district judge a few years ago.
The news that Dutchtot benefited from contributions from a campaign fundraiser hosted by Bob Poole, the chairperson of The Second Mile, was revealed yesterday by Pennsylvania Representative Mike Vereb, who posted two of Dutchtot's campaign finance reports from May and June of 2007. Poole appears on both of them. Could be two fundraisers. Or two checks cut to Dutchtot on different days. The documents don't specify. Regardless, Poole donated or raised $2,463.02.

But he's not the only one from The Second Mile who brought money into her campaign. Lance Shaner, a big businessman who served on The Second Mile board from 1998 through 2006, donated or raised $1,000 for Dutchtot in May 2007. And his son Mathias chipped in with $196.36. We should also note that Shaner was one of the biggest individual donors to Tom Corbett's 2010 campaign. Shaner gave the current governor $155,550.

And there's one more connection to The Second Mile in these documents. That'd be Daniel Hawbaker, who donated or raised $250 for Dutchtot. Hawbaker is the CEO of Glenn O Hawbaker, Inc., a State College excavation company that's not only a regular donor to The Second Mile but also has one of its vice presidents, Michael Hawbaker, sitting on the charity's central board. (For what it's worth, the Hawbakers have also given a lot of money to Corbett.)

Keep in mind that these are Dutchtot's campaign finance reports from only two months, released by Vereb because they have Poole's name on them. One can only guess what other Second Milers might appear on different reports. Vereb has issued a sternly worded letter to attorney general Linda Kelly requesting that she recuse herself from the case should she have ties to The Second Mile. All documents below:

http://deadspin.com/58601...ers-of-sanduskys-charity
"I won't comment about her decision in that case, but I will say I don't believe any district judge here in Monroe County would have set a bail amount that low for someone charged with what Sandusky is charged with," Monroe County District Attorney David Christine said.

Second mile people can't shred records fast enough .... this **! cray
whoever made the rabbit hole comment is right

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dreClark

greggdoyelcbsGregg Doyel
Last update: PSU professors have told students it's a done deal: Paterno statue going down over Thanksgiving

Not surprised....they're gonna erase the memory of Joe Paterno, bit by bit.    

*It's not so much that he transfered the house over for $1....IT'S THE TIMING!!!

Screen_shot_2011-10-16_at_7.30.19_PM_normal.png

darrenrovell darren rovell

Joe Paterno agreed to transfer his house to his wife for a $1 on June 2, 1997, but didn't sign the agreement until June 23, 2011.

Back
Top Bottom