The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Seymore CAKE:
Oh so now we're taking shots at K for being political abotu the situation and not picking a side in a matter that honestly isn't his to decide?

Oh ok. Furthermore he's not the 1st nor will he be the last to speak about Joe being from a different era in terms of the way they handled matters.  If a person doesn't just come out and condemn Joe then they're supporting him or hitching their wagon on the train? What part of the game is this? From the way he answered the question it seemed like he didn't want to comment on it at all and tried to stay respectfully in the middle.  But its K who's reveered for his coaching so of course he's in the line of fire the minute someone mentions it to him.
eyes.gif
First, off, you're a Duke fan, so on the subtopic of 'Coach K & PSU', you have a dog in the race. Just saying, your allegiance to Coach K is, at the very least, expected.
wink.gif

2nd: I hate when people see negative words (or even neutral sometimes) and act like it's worse than it really is. We're not taking shots… or at least I'M not taking shots… at Coach K. Like what I just said about your allegiance to Duke, I could see someone (or yourself) saying "Oh snap! Ska taking shots at Cake!" And they'd be wrong. You're a cool dude on here, at least in S&T. No shots fired here; just calling a spade a spade. Same w/ Coach K: his defense of JoePa was flat out wrong. Imagine for a second that instead of a child sex scandal, some OTHER evil was coming to surface here and Coach K was offering the 'back in the day' defense. I could throw out a number of 'back in the day' evils for you to consider, but i'd rather not; just use your imagination and imagine Coach K offering that same defense.

3rd, refusing to call wrong 'wrong' is exactly what lies at the very core of this entire thing. Now, Coach K refusing to call wrong 'wrong' w/ his comments, is that as devastating as JoePa not blowing the whistle? OF COURSE NOT, but it's the same thing to a MUCH lesser degree.

You're Right Tho.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

For the record I have a tremendous amount of respect for K, last night when Vitale claimed he was the best coach of all time in any sport major American sport, I thought long and hard about it and pretty much came to the conclusion that I agree. He still aint no God. 

You're Right Too.

Should've listened to Daniels wife...

The Game Is Rigged... But you cannot lose if you do not play...

Not sure if posted yet, but

November 16, 2011 11:08 AM
Paterno up for $500K pension; Sandusky gets $60K
HARRISBURG, Pa. - Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno's long service at the university theoretically puts him in line for a pension of more than $500,000 a year, according to an Associated Press analysis of state public pension records.

Meanwhile, Paterno's one-time heir apparent, whose arrest on child sex-abuse charges led to the longtime coach's ouster, collects nearly $60,000 annually from his pension.

Paterno's pension records obtained Tuesday from the State Employees' Retirement System credit him with more than 60 years in the system. The formula used to determine benefits makes him eligible for a pension equal to 100 percent of the average of his three highest-salary years.

His pay rose from $541,000 to $568,000 over the past three full calendar years.

Paterno, 84, lost his job as head football coach last week after his former top assistant Jerry Sandusky was charged with sexually abusing boys, including some on campus, for more than 15 years.

The retirement system also confirmed Tuesday that Sandusky collects a $59,000 annual pension and withdrew $148,000 upon retirement.

Special Section: The Penn State Scandal
Penn State's McQueary says he's "shaken"
AG asks to delay hearing for Penn State officials

When Paterno retires, he will have to make a set of choices to determine his pension, including whether to designate a survivor to receive benefits after he dies and whether to obtain a one-time, lump-sum payment of his own contributions.

State Employees' Retirement System spokeswoman Pamela Hile said Internal Revenue Code and Retirement Code benefit limits may also apply, so the agency does not issue estimated pension benefits ahead of time. There also is a long-service supplement that could boost Paterno to 110 percent of his final average salary.

A 2006 report on Pennsylvania state pensions said the largest pension at that time within SERS was $254,000, being collected by a Penn State surgery professor who had withdrawn a $554,000 lump sum.

The New York Times also reported Tuesday night that Paterno transferred full ownership of his house to his wife, Sue, for $1 in July. The couple had previously held joint ownership of the house. Paterno's attorney Wick Sollers told the paper in an e-mail that the transfer had nothing to do with the scandal but was part of an ongoing "multiyear estate planning program."

Paterno has not been charged with any crime, and state prosecutors have said he is not a target. But he has come under criticism for how he responded when a graduate assistant said he saw Sandusky sexually attacking a boy in the football team locker room shower. A grand jury report said Paterno contacted the athletic director but did not go to police, and he has said he wishes he had done more.

Sandusky claims innocence, but admits to showers
More Sandusky accusers come forward
Charity: NY child stayed with Sandusky
Sandusky has denied the allegations against him, acknowledging he showered with young boys and hugged them but saying his behavior was nothing more than horseplay. He told NBC News' "Rock Center" on Monday that he is not a pedophile but should not have showered with the boys he's charged with sexually assaulting.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/83...57325860/paterno-up-for-$500k-pension-sandusky-gets-$60k/#ixzz1duNecoDU

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Old man was tipped off that the hammer was dropping
The rabbit hole is sooooo much deeper than we're ready for
30t6p3b.gif
Don't know if the comparison has been made yet, but I can't stop thinking about how eerily similar this whole situation is to Conspiracy of Silence
Based on DeCamp's riveting book, The Franklin Cover-up[/i], Conspiracy of Silencebegins with the shut-down of Nebraska's Franklin Community FederalCredit Union after a raid by federal agencies in 1988 revealed that $40million was missing. When the Nebraska legislature launched a probeinto the affair, what initially looked like a financial swindle soonexploded into a startling tale of drugs, money laundering, and anationwide child sex abuse ring. Nineteen months later, the legislativecommittee's chief investigator died suddenly and violently. A dozenothers linked to the Franklin case investigation died strange andmysterious deaths.

So why have you never heard of the Franklin cover-up? Originally scheduled to air in May of 1994 on the Discovery Channel, Conspiracy of Silence was yanked at the last minute due to formidable pressure applied by top politicians. Some very powerful people did not want you to watch this documentary.
That %+$! made it to the front page of The Washington Times with an inflammatory headline...and then magically went away.

100318_conspiracy_of_silence.jpg

If you've never seen it, take the hour and watch it. Mind-blowing @!%! :

Definitely have a gut feeling this Penn State situation is going to go A LOT deeper and be something akin to what was uncovered in Conspiracy of Silence. There's too many dots connecting, and way too much money & power that were at stake.

Unfortunately like dmx already said, I've seen this script too many times before. We're never going to see true justice
30t6p3b.gif

wow thats crazy

But forreal tho, JoePa HAD to step down, and ASAP. No matter what he did or didn't do, this thing is about to get so deep, he's best to wash his hands from anything Penn State early

Just got back from an open forum discussion on the scandal, here are some key points:

-Covering up is an institutionalized thing, not something done just by Penn State
-Covering up happens at every major university, company, etc. because the first priority is to protect the institution
-Penn State is almost like a cult (as sillyputty stated)
-I wasn't given specifics but there is a lot of coverup already at Penn State and the fact that there was a coverup for this scandal comes as no surprise to many faculty members
-Email sent out to all faculty members saying "It will be inappropriate to voice your opinion until the legal proceedings have begun"
-Many faculty members were outraged at this email because it further contributes to the silence
-The "We Are" chants have no meaning. It is glorifying that we are the same, not that we are diverse
-One professor specializes in sexual assault (for ~ 13 years) and this is the first time that she has seen the vicitims NOT get any heat or anything
-This is also the first time she has seen where all the allegations are believed by the general public

Take it for what it's worth. The points stated do not necessarily reflect my opinions. Thought you guys might be interested in it. Discuss.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

-Covering up is an institutionalized thing, not something done just by Penn State
-Covering up happens at every major university, company, etc. because the first priority is to protect the institution  
Im sorry but this is ridiculous.  Its one thing to cover up recruiting violations or paying players.  Its another thing to cover up the rape and molestation of little boys, and possibly even the pimping out of little boys.

-The "We Are" chants have no meaning. It is glorifying that we are the same, not that we are diverse

Another ridiculous claim.  Glorifying the same?  Bull****.  What is the response to "we are"?  That chant is absolutely glorifying diversity.  Its basically a way of saying Penn State > * 

-This is also the first time she has seen where all the allegations are believed by the general public

The overwhelming evidence makes it pretty easy to believe all of the allegations.  For people to believe these allegations to be false, you would also then have to believe that hundreds of people are making up a story.

All the other points I can either get behind completely, or see where they are coming from. 

I'm saying...

Whats up with the Penn State president?

he doesn't seem right and looks wild suspect himself...   

am I trippin?  

Penn-State-President-Graham-Spaniers-is-under-fire-for-his-crisis-management-response_original_crop_340x234.jpg

From everything that's unfolded, I'm just floored. It's like an elaborate movie script.

I can't see how Penn State survives this. That school is going to burn to the ground at this rate.

Originally Posted by THE ANOMOLIE

The media needs to look more into this Gricar thing. Something isn't right here...

Some screen caps from reddit:
MhLHZ.png

Uyzwi.png

O7zdI.png

Sidenote: Man lets be honest this was a SEX RING. I wouldn't be surprised if Paterno has a couple pics on his harddrive or something. 

sillyputty wrote:
Sidenote: Man lets be honest this was a SEX RING. I wouldn't be surprised if Paterno has a couple pics on his harddrive or something. 

Anything is possible putty, that's the sad part about this. 
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/16/judge_changed_in_sandusky_case.aspx

Judge changed in Sandusky case.I think this is a good move because the new judge has no connection to Sandusky whatsoever so I think we're not the only ones to think that Sandusky might be let off.  

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by dreClark

greggdoyelcbsGregg Doyel
Last update: PSU professors have told students it's a done deal: Paterno statue going down over Thanksgiving

FINALLY these dudes see the light. watch students riot again over this smh
I think its too early to take down his statue. They could have at least waited for convictions and the legal process to finish before doing that. As of right now he lost his job, but I see no need for him to lose the symbols of his accomplishments. What's next, take his trophys and awards out of the cases? Erase his wins from the history books? Photoshop him out of every picture? There seems to be a lot of overreacting going on. If he is found guilty of molestation himself or something illegal than go for it. Until then there is no need to erase everything he has done and earned for the university over his 60+ years of service until there is a reason too

I Watched that Conspiracy of Silence thing and wow, I never knew about that.

Read that Spainer was the President of Nebraska when the Franklin cover up took place too...

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by dreClark

FINALLY these dudes see the light. watch students riot again over this smh
I think its too early to take down his statue. They could have at least waited for convictions and the legal process to finish before doing that. As of right now he lost his job, but I see no need for him to lose the symbols of his accomplishments. What's next, take his trophys and awards out of the cases? Erase his wins from the history books? Photoshop him out of every picture? There seems to be a lot of overreacting going on. If he is found guilty of molestation himself or something illegal than go for it. Until then there is no need to erase everything he has done and earned for the university over his 60+ years of service until there is a reason too

COMPLETELY disagree....

He knowingly harbored a pedophile for many years.  Honestly, his "iconic" status is overshadowing his negligence.  People gotta look past his football accolades and his donations to the university.  This is bigger than all of that.  While he's not nearly on Sandusky's level, his lack-of-action over the years proved to be EXTREMELY damaging and ultimately led to ruining of many lives.  For as long as his reach is in Pennsylvania, Paterno could have EASILY put a stop to all of this and had Sandusky removed far....far away from campus. 

there is NO way that Sandusky gets off; the problem is going to be the lawyer forcing the hand of the victims to take the stand and once that happens the jury is going to be so sympathetic towards the victims it will be a wrap for that scumbag.

Tweets from SbB:

pennlive PennLive.com
by SPORTSbyBROOKS
Exclusive: Jerry Sandusky interview prompts long-ago victims to contact lawyer http://bit.ly/rVzJ1I

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Jerry Sandusky’s primetime television interview Monday led several potential victims to come forward and consider sharing their story, according to two State College attorneys.

Hearing his voice and his words proclaiming no wrong — while admitting he showered innocently with young boys — was a trigger for some who say they were abused by the former Penn State defensive coordinator. One said it went back to the 1970s, around the time Sandusky founded the charity that prosecutors say was his axis for finding victims.

http://www.pennlive.com/m...t&utm_medium=twitter

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
Pa. School District VP resists removing Sandusky 'Wall of Fame' honor: 'Everyone is rushing to judgment.' http://bit.ly/rr3tvq

30t6p3b.gif

WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Before his rise to sports fame as one of Penn State's most revered football assistants and his subsequent downfall amid child sex abuse allegations, Jerry Sandusky was one of the most accomplished sons of Washington, Pa.

http://www.wtae.com/r/29789810/detail.html

RT @kenricekdka: Sources tell KDKA city wants chairman Franco Harris off the board of Pittsburgh Promise due to his defense of Joe Paterno

Tho Governor now 'pulling back' $3M grant, construction underway. State College soon will have monument to Sandusky's devotion to child rape

Sandusky's pet project = Building he designed personally so he could rape children in private. Land from PSU, $3M from PA Governor.

Governor who knew all about Sandusky abuse actually halted $3M grant to Sandusky's charity in early 2011. Then re-released it 3 mos ago.

1st listing of 2nd Mile's Board of Directors on its website = 2001. Courtrney's wife Linette listed. AG said he's hiding behind 'semantics'.

PSU Atty Wendell Courtney knew Sandusky showered w/ children & still allowed Penn St to sell him land. Courtney was present for transaction.

Pennsylvania Governor knew the founder of a childrens charity was child rapist for 3 yrs & never told them. Criminal. http://bit.ly/vZl63x

PSU Trustees sold Sandusky land for pet project in '01 meeting. PSU's atty in that meeting knew about '98, said nothing http://bit.ly/vZl63x

PA Gov.: Discovered Sandusky abuse in '08 but NEVER told charity + gave $3M to Sandusky pet project 3 mos ago http://bit.ly/vZl63x

Check this link:

http://www.sportsbybrooks...ject-hid-his-abuse-29901

it's in reference to the last 3 tweets....some really damning stuff...
30t6p3b.gif

as sad as it sounds, it seems like there are a lot of folks in Sandusky's corner
30t6p3b.gif

Wow thats flat out disgusting...

so is the taking down of the paterno statue confirmed or just rumor?

man i was just watching the news right now and they just mentioned victims from the 1970's are coming forward. the news always slacks. seems like niketalk always has the latest news before the tv news gets it...

I might be a little late with this but damn, corbett gets over $600k in campaign contributions from second mile & family members of the board of trustees & then approves a $3 mil state grant to second mile once he get's elected?!?! This is getting hella deep. Regardless of a new judge being appointed, none of these cases should be tried in Pennsylvania. Also, McQueary's story is changing from the grand jury testimony that he gave. What gives?

man i was just watching the news right now and they just mentioned victims from the 1970's are coming forward. the news always slacks. seems like niketalk always has the latest news before the tv news gets it...
It's not official yet. I asked my TA and he said they still have to vote on it. 

Originally Posted by psk2310

I might be a little late with this but damn, corbett gets over $600k in campaign contributions from second mile & family members of the board of trustees & then approves a $3 mil state grant to second mile once he get's elected?!?! This is getting hella deep. Regardless of a new judge being appointed, none of these cases should be tried in Pennsylvania. Also, McQueary's story is changing from the grand jury testimony that he gave. What gives?

maybe penn states plan? maybe they told mcqueary to go out there and make yourself look like a liar so that he doesnt look like a credible witness? i dunno..... !*$* is too weird. in the interview with bob costas, sanduskys attorney said they found the boy who supposedly was the one who got raped that mcqueary saw? and hes gonna testify that nothing happend? hell they could pay anyone to claim that they are the boy... !*$* is just too messed up.. im starting to think sandusky will get off free....smh. 

Originally Posted by af1 1982

It's not official yet. I asked my TA and he said they still have to vote on it. 

Even before the scandal, I'm sure there was some resintment from the professors towards Paterno.  It's like this on just about EVERY college campus.  From their perspective, it's all about the money he makes compared to their salaries.  Yes, we all know about the revenue(sp?) that the football team brings in...but like I said, there are folks out there who work at various colleges/universities who don't agree with the money these coaches make in sports like basketball and football.  Got a feeling if this vote is really taking place (and the decision hasn't been made already...per the doyel tweet), that statue is coming down along with just about everything that bears Paterno's name. 

Back
Top Bottom