The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

AP -- BREAKING: Scott Paterno says his father, Joe Paterno, has a treatable form of lung cancer

What I can see happening is that if Joe dies from this (idk what the chances are since they said it is treatable), a lot of people are going to go from hating him to saying they loved him. I can see that happening. 

Might be an insensitive thing to question...but i wonder how long he's known about the cancer? The news dropping today is a bit curious.

Yea it might sound cold but I doubt we would have heard anything about the cancer of not for this whole mess, he wouldn't want that used against him in recruiting.

Looks like second mile is shutting down operations. ESPN.com story here. Having done a lot of public service, I can say a lot of child advocacy groups/orgs don't exist or are woefully underfunded. Aside from the molestation of kids, it says second mile helps 100,000 kids annually. Where are these kids going to go now? Who can they turn to now for help?

Given the state of the federal & state economies, education budgets will be shrinking to epic levels & there surely won't be a much dough for youth centers, activities, mentoring programs, etc.

This is so perverse on so many levels...

There is so much I'd like to say about paterno having cancer, but I'm going to let it be...I don't wish that man well at all...

Originally Posted by AG 47

but i wonder how long he's known about the cancer? The news dropping today is a bit curious

Seriously...cancer? How timely.

makes u wonder if his MD told him immediately, or did he wait a few years to tell him?
/since it wasnt posted in this thread already

laugh.gif
at th shot the Syracuse coach fired

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Might be an insensitive thing to question...but i wonder how long he's known about the cancer? The news dropping today is a bit curious.

I thought the same thing, but I believe it was in his best interest for people not to know about it. This seems like the type of thing someone found out and reported, vs Joe admitting it himself. 

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

u guys think sandusky sings like a canary and rats out other coaches???

He could but I wouldn't doubt it if he thinks this is all acceptable behavior and sees nothing wrong with it. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I thought the same thing, but I believe it was in his best interest for people not to know about it. This seems like the type of thing someone found out and reported, vs Joe admitting it himself. 

Wasnt it scott paterno who broke the news? He then asked for people to respect their privacy. Who would have known or let this story out of the bag if scott p didnt say anything? News coming out like this REEKS of a PR spin.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Wasnt it scott paterno who broke the news? He then asked for people to respect their privacy. Who would have known or let this story out of the bag if scott p didnt say anything? News coming out like this REEKS of a PR spin.

yup. what doublejs said. 

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State University police say they've referred another previous incident of indecent assault to the Attorney General's Office.

The Centre Daily Times reports Sunday that chief Tyrone Parham says the assault "by a known individual" took place in an outdoor swimming pool building sometime between June 1, 2000 and Aug. 30, 2000.

The report was made to university police on Wednesday by a person who was a visitor to the pool.

The paper reports that Parham couldn't say if the "known individual" is Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State defensive coordinator who's been charged with 40 counts of child sex abuse after a two-year investigation by the Attorney General's Office. Sandusky says he's innocent.
[\quote]

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=7263075

Penn St. hires Louis Freeh to investigateEmailPrintComments371Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA -- Former FBI director Louis Freeh, tapped to lead Penn State's investigation into the child sexual-abuse allegations against a former assistant football coach, said his inquiry will go as far back as 1975, a much longer period than a grand jury report issued earlier this month.

Freeh was named Monday to oversee the university board of trustees' internal investigation into the abuse allegations that ultimately led to the ouster of longtime football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier.

http://espn.go.com/colleg...ouis-freeh-investigation

Ok...so in reading some of the comments on the ESPN page, I came across this:

I'm not sure the board is being impartial with their hiring Louis Freeh. After the FBI, Louis Freeh worked at MBNA and with Ric Struthers (both were MBNA executives). Both MBNA and Struthers have strong connections to the Penn State and Ric is on Penn State's board of Trusties. Ric also happens to be on the Board of the Second Mile. You can Google and find MBNA and Struthers being the lead sponsors for the 2004 Jerry Sandusky Testimonial Dinner and Roast.

Maybe it's nothing, but certainly worth digging into.

nerd.gif

If this is true, it's a conflict of interests amongst other things....
30t6p3b.gif
Seems as though we may be seeing Sandusky walk after the dust settles. Penn State hiring their OWN investigator???? Don't want to play the conspiracy card, but it's hard not to...seems as though they're doing their best to cover their tracks.

*Out of curiosity...in cases like these where employees and the school are under the microscope, isn't it a bit odd that they (PSU) called the shots as far as who is going to do the investigation???

man u can already feel the fix is in... watching that interview of one of sandusky's former boys from second mile you could tell dude was hiding something. dude basically sounded like he was told what to say.... so you did everything with sandusky, showered with him, he put his hands on your leg, slept over his house, you admit he was obsessed with you BUT he never did nothing to you? yea right...

The attorney for Jerry Sandusky says one of the two new cases of alleged sexual abuse under investigation by Children and Youth Services was made by a family member of Sandusky.

The Patriot-News reported yesterday that the new cases were reported less than 60 days ago and are in the initial stages of investigation.

Attorney Joe Amendola said the allegations stem from difficulties within the child's immediate family. He said the assault is alleged to have occurred prior to Sandusky's arrest earlier this month, but was not brought to the authorities attention until after the former Penn State coach was charged.

The Patriot-News is withholding the child's relationship to Sandusky to shield the child's identity.

If these two cases are found to be credible, they would be the first known cases to be reported  since Sandusky's arrest that would involve children. All of the other young men who came forward to the grand jury and since indictments were handed down are now over 18, even though the assaults are alleged to have occurred when they were as young as seven or eight years old.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/former_penn_state_coach_jerry.html

So within the last 6 weeks essentially, he was still commiting these crimes against little boys? And one of them was related to him in some way.....? Do they have the death penalty in Pennsylvania? Honest question.

Originally Posted by CP1708

So within the last 6 weeks essentially, he was still commiting these crimes against little boys? And one of them was related to him in some way.....? Do they have the death penalty in Pennsylvania? Honest question.
It didn't necessarily occur in the last six weeks. It was just reported then. All we know is that the accuser is under the age of 18 currently. They do have the death penalty. But this isn't a crime that capital punishment applies to.

Back
Top Bottom