The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

sillyputty wrote:
Sidenote: Man lets be honest this was a SEX RING. I wouldn't be surprised if Paterno has a couple pics on his harddrive or something. 

Anything is possible putty, that's the sad part about this. 
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/16/judge_changed_in_sandusky_case.aspx

Judge changed in Sandusky case.I think this is a good move because the new judge has no connection to Sandusky whatsoever so I think we're not the only ones to think that Sandusky might be let off.  

Im saying whats the history on Penn St.'s PRESIDENT?...

Dude just LOOKS the part. Forealdough, this guy made sure Penn State was EXEMPT from having their records reviewed.

I wouldnt be suprised if this *#+ went all the way up the chain..

I dont want to make allegations but somebody with knowledge on the Penn State program, can you speak on his background/repuation?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Wow thats flat out disgusting...

so is the taking down of the paterno statue confirmed or just rumor?

man i was just watching the news right now and they just mentioned victims from the 1970's are coming forward. the news always slacks. seems like niketalk always has the latest news before the tv news gets it...
It's not official yet. I asked my TA and he said they still have to vote on it. 
I have no doubt that it will come down; PSU is going to continue to distance themselves from Joe Paterno...IMHO when it is all said and done the only thing on campus left with his name on it will be the library since he built it. 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Wow thats flat out disgusting...

so is the taking down of the paterno statue confirmed or just rumor?

man i was just watching the news right now and they just mentioned victims from the 1970's are coming forward. the news always slacks. seems like niketalk always has the latest news before the tv news gets it...
I have no doubt that it will come down; PSU is going to continue to distance themselves from Joe Paterno...IMHO when it is all said and done the only thing on campus left with his name on it will be the library since he built it. 

How is that possible, and why would they do that?  If they're going great lengths to distance themselves from Paterno, why leave the library in his name?  If it's a donation at a public university, can't the school do w. the name as they please?  I mean, that's a MAIN building. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by StillIn729

How is that possible, and why would they do that?  If they're going great lengths to distance themselves from Paterno, why leave the library in his name?  If it's a donation at a public university, can't the school do w. the name as they please?  I mean, that's a MAIN building. 

That's just my take; I'm not saying never but I think the library will stay in his name, for now.

Check this...

How An Internet Troll Cracked the Sandusky Case By Dan Shanoff

The new New York Times report on Penn State by Jo Becker is must-read. If you haven't read it yet, here it is. Go read it. Among the key details: Second Mile files are missing. (Shocking.) The Penn State lawyers never knew. (+#*?)

And this, which is the focus of the story's headline and no less than the object of the lead of the incredibly reported story:

It was a posting on a die-hard college football message board that helped investigators crack the case by leading them to McQueary for his statement of what he saw in 2002.

Consider that for a second: You're a die-hard Penn State fan hanging out on -- say -- the Scout.com "Fight On State" (or Rivals.com or any other leading PSU fan community) message boards, as you constantly and obsessively do.

Rest of the article in the link:

http://www.quickish.com/a...penn-state-sandusky-case

great governer you guys have there in PA
30t6p3b.gif

knew this guy was a diddler, and still approved 3$ mil for his personal boys sex-ranch.....

UNBELIEVABLE

Check this...

The new New York Times report on Penn State by Jo Becker is must-read. If you haven't read it yet, here it is. Go read it. Among the key details: Second Mile files are missing. (Shocking.) The Penn State lawyers never knew. (+#*?)

And this, which is the focus of the story's headline and no less than the object of the lead of the incredibly reported story:

It was a posting on a die-hard college football message board that helped investigators crack the case by leading them to McQueary for his statement of what he saw in 2002.

Consider that for a second: You're a die-hard Penn State fan hanging out on -- say -- the Scout.com "Fight On State" (or Rivals.com or any other leading PSU fan community) message boards, as you constantly and obsessively do.

That definitely means Sandusky's Problems were indeed known around the facilities.
THe only good info that ever comes from those boards are from ppl who work inside the football office, AD Dept. or Ex [players and prominent boosters.

can we just do a trade with canada and give them pennsylvania in exchange for quebec?

seems like the whole state is a !+@% show

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

can we just do a trade with canada and give them pennsylvania in exchange for quebec?

seems like the whole state is a !+@% show
you make some of the stupidest and most ignorant remarks

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

and by the way, nothing i've written in this thread has been untrue (or a weak attempt at excusing or even legitimizing idiocy, as in your case), so you can go to hell

please find where I have been an apologist for ANYTHING related to the scandal; I'll wait...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Check this...

That definitely means Sandusky's Problems were indeed known around the facilities.
THe only good info that ever comes from those boards are from ppl who work inside the football office, AD Dept. or Ex [players and prominent boosters.
makes you wonder who the "troll" was....

Check this...

*That a place that likely considers itself the top 1% (top .0001%?) of Penn State die-hard fans -- people who love Penn State football so much they pay for the privilege of accessing the site to read, post and interact -- would end up being the place that implodes the program for a generation, if not forever.

30t6p3b.gif

I get it. The school's tradition and students and alumni and football program all go in the trash once something like that gets out. I get the pull from narrow-sighted people with power to wanna sweep it under the rug and hide it in the past.

But the fact that they only enabled him to do more. That he could stay right there in town and use the school's name and his exposure and status there to just...expand and get state funding to do so. That they wouldn't lock him in a motel room in Utah for the rest of his life. I get not wanting the other shoe to drop, but what? They didn't even bother investigating him themselves? Figured it was a one time thing? All the connections they have, they couldn't find out about a police investigation that'd been going on for years? Or that he was still doing it?

Or maybe enough of his friends put in a good word with him. I hope they burn.

nerd.gif

Penn State's New Inquiry Into The Sandusky Allegations Has Even Less Credibility Than Initially Imagined

Deadspin.com

Luke mentioned Kenneth Frazier's own gift for whitewashing institutional malfeasance on Tuesday. Frazier, of course, is the chairman and CEO of Merck and the man in charge of Penn State's in-house inquiry into what happened in the Jerry Sandusky affair. But check out this little nugget from a lengthy story published today by The Patriot-News of Harrisburg that outlines Penn State's ties to Sandusky's charity, The Second Mile (emphasis ours):
Dorothy "Dottie" Huck and her husband, Lloyd, are big Penn State donors. In total, the Hucks have given the university more than $20 million.

Lloyd Huck, a former chairman of the board at Merck, sits on the Penn State board of trustees. Dottie Huck sits on the board of The Second Mile. In the last five years, the Hucks gave more than $21,000 to The Second Mile, and Merck gave at least another $8,000.

To review: Penn State, the school accused of covering up Sandusky's alleged crimes, has begun its own inquiry, which is headed by a man with a history of engaging in cover-ups, and who is chairman of the same company that once was chaired by a member of Penn State's Board of Trustees, who, in turn, is married to a member of the board of Sandusky's charity. And that man and his wife happen to have donated large sums of money to Penn State and to Sandusky's charity, both individually and through the company whose current chairman is now heading Penn State's investigation. Yeah, Kenneth Frazier is going to crack this thing wide open.

To review: Penn State, the school accused of covering up Sandusky's alleged crimes, has begun its own inquiry, which is headed by a man with a history of engaging in cover-ups, and who is chairman of the same company that once was chaired by a member of Penn State's Board of Trustees, who, in turn, is married to a member of the board of Sandusky's charity. And that man and his wife happen to have donated large sums of money to Penn State and to Sandusky's charity, both individually and through the company whose current chairman is now heading Penn State's investigation. Yeah, Kenneth Frazier is going to crack this thing wide open.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Here's my question, do they think that no one is going to find all this out?  The national media won't catch on?  Why even bother with this charade? 

The only thing more hilarious with how institutions handle scandals off the get-go is later the people that are chosen to lead "full inquiries."

There is no such thing as unbiased investigations with these places and they know that we know and they don't care that we know.

This entire thing is very very frightening. We just dont know what else has/is going on at any major institution in the world

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

nerd.gif

Penn State's New Inquiry Into The Sandusky Allegations Has Even Less Credibility Than Initially Imagined

Deadspin.com

Luke mentioned Kenneth Frazier's own gift for whitewashing institutional malfeasance on Tuesday. Frazier, of course, is the chairman and CEO of Merck and the man in charge of Penn State's in-house inquiry into what happened in the Jerry Sandusky affair. But check out this little nugget from a lengthy story published today by The Patriot-News of Harrisburg that outlines Penn State's ties to Sandusky's charity, The Second Mile (emphasis ours):
Dorothy "Dottie" Huck and her husband, Lloyd, are big Penn State donors. In total, the Hucks have given the university more than $20 million.

Lloyd Huck, a former chairman of the board at Merck, sits on the Penn State board of trustees. Dottie Huck sits on the board of The Second Mile. In the last five years, the Hucks gave more than $21,000 to The Second Mile, and Merck gave at least another $8,000.

!!#% all this $$%@....FBI just needs to take over the investigation.  I REALLY hope they do. 

[h1]Ex-DA says he referred Sandusky case due to wife's family tie[/h1]
CBSSports.com wire reports

[table][tr][td]
img16139921.jpg
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Citing possible conflict of interest, ex-DA Michael Madeira says he handed over Jerry Sandusky's case.(AP)[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- A former Pennsylvania county prosecutor said Wednesday that he referred an allegation that former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky had sexually abused a child to state prosecutors because his wife's brother was Sandusky's adopted son.

Former Centre County District Attorney Michael Madeira told the Associated Press that he cited the possible conflict of interest in passing the 2009 report to the state attorney general's office, which at the time was headed by now-Gov. Tom Corbett.

"I reviewed it and I made the decision it needed to be investigated further," Madeira told the AP in a phone interview. "But the apparent conflict of interest created an impediment for me to make those kinds of decisions."
[table][tr][td]More on Penn State[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Sandusky was charged Nov. 5 with 40 criminal counts that accuse him of sexually abusing eight boys over 15 years.

In an interview Tuesday with the AP, Madeira declined to specify his family tie to Sandusky, but he revealed the connection Wednesday. He said he hasn't spoken to his brother-in-law in years and rarely spoke to Sandusky.

"I can count on one hand the number of times I've spoken with Jerry Sandusky or my wife's brother," he said Wednesday.

Madeira's wife, Lisa, also was adopted, but by a different family. Including Madeira's brother-in-law, Sandusky has six adopted children.

Madeira declined to identify his brother-in-law by name.

Asked if he had any concerns over how his wife's brother was treated by Sandusky, Madeira said, "My wife hasn't expressed anything like that to me, and I don't know them well enough to have an opinion on that."

Madeira was Centre County's top prosecutor from 2005 to 2009, when he lost a re-election campaign to Stacy Parks Miller. He is in private practice.

The case initially brought to Madeira is referred to in the 23-page grand jury report as "Victim 1." That report said the victim testified about instances of abuse that happened in 2007 and 2008, and that Sandusky had contact with the boy at a high school in Clinton County, just north of Centre.

Madeira said the case was referred to him by Clinton County prosecutors in early 2009 after they determined that the allegations mainly occurred in Centre County. He said he was not aware of any previous allegations against Sandusky, including ones reported in 1998 and 2002, and that he had no further contact with the investigation after referring it to the attorney general's office.

"These kinds of things are serious to me," Madeira said when asked his reaction when he heard about the charges announced Nov. 5. "Instantly saddened, deeply saddened, with the regards to the number of alleged victims."

In hindsight, Madeira said, the state grand jury was the right jurisdiction to handle the case since two counties were involved, and allegations spanned years.

The grand jury report detailed a 1998 investigation by Penn State police, begun after an 11-year-old boy's mother complained that Sandusky had showered with her son in the football facilities. Then-District Attorney Ray Gricar declined to file charges.

Gricar was the DA before Madeira took office, and the Sandusky case has renewed attention on the mystery surrounding Gricar's whereabouts. Gricar disappeared in April 2005 and was declared legally dead earlier this year.

Investigators have said they don't believe there's a connection between his disappearance and the decision to not charge Sandusky.

"I don't know what was in the report that Ray saw," Madeira said. "Unless we know different, it's unfair to suggest that Ray didn't do something that he should have done because I don't know what he had in front of him. He's the one who talked to the victims. He saw the other portions of the investigation that I am not privy to."

http://www.cbssports.com/...-due-to-wifes-family-tie

DoubleJs07 wrote:
RyGuy45 wrote:
nerd.gif

Deadspin.com

!!#% all this $$%@....FBI just needs to take over the investigation.  I REALLY hope they do. 

This is why none of the criminal & civil cases should be handled in PA, you will not be able to find anyone objective or impartial.

Ok so I previously posted stating the psu scandal was going to bring about more victims from other schools & so it begins. It seems Syracuse's BB long time associate head coach Bernie Fine molested a ball boy in the 80's & 90's. The ESPN.com story is here. These predators put them in positions that give them access to prey whether it be as a priest, a boy scout leader, & coach. I think this is the beginning of an avalanche of stories that are going to come out from all kinds of schools both college & high school. These administrators better take some time to investigate their programs now & try to get ahead of something coming out. This is unbelievable...

Originally Posted by psk2310

Ok so I previously posted stating the psu scandal was going to bring about more victims from other schools & so it begins. It seems Syracuse's BB long time associate head coach Bernie Fine molested a ball boy in the 80's & 90's. The ESPN.com story is here. These predators put them in positions that give them access to prey whether it be as a priest, a boy scout leader, & coach. I think this is the beginning of an avalanche of stories that are going to come out from all kinds of schools both college & high school. These administrators better take some time to investigate their programs now & try to get ahead of something coming out. This is unbelievable...

Like I said, crimes and their coverups happen everywhere. The first instinct is to protect the institution, not to do the right thing. This is all just the beginning of something big coming. 

DanWetzel Dan Wetzel
NCAA has launched an investigation into Penn State http://bit.ly/rBRDoT "institutional control" questioned

Hopefully the FBI gets involved as well...this is a start. Whatever it takes to take the "investigation" away from bureaus in the state of Pennsylvania.

Back
Top Bottom