The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Ur two wiis look sick

Which tv and no ps4? I have 3 ps2s lolol

I have a 55" Samsung OLED 4k tv. Not sure on the model.
everything seems to look pretty good on it.
I have a 6ch HDMI switch hooked up to it
along with a 3ch Component switch for the Wii and Ps2
For the PS1, N64 and Dreamcast I bought a AV to Hdmi converter and plugged into the HDMI switch.
I really doesnt do any up scaling on the picture quality but its better than using a Composite switch.
The Wii has a Retro NES skin i got on ebay for like $10.
Im actually thinking of getting a PS4 soon, just need to make room for it.
I picked up the Gamecube which I also need to make room for.

For the PS1, N64 and Dreamcast I bought a AV to Hdmi converter and plugged into the HDMI switch.
I really doesnt do any up scaling on the picture quality but its better than using a Composite switch.
I need to get an old school gaming tv for my Super Nintendo and my ps2

You mind dropping down the name of that AV-to-HDMI converter you are using...........looking for some recommendations for HDMI converters for my own N64 setup to my LED flat screen.

I ain't getting a Frameister anytime soon (**** ton of money for that thing), and those Ultra HDMI mods are still "out-of-stock" at the moment (but its still a **** ton of money).

Just looking at various recommended converters to see what would be a good fit for me at the price.

You mind dropping down the name of that AV-to-HDMI converter you are using...........looking for some recommendations for HDMI converters for my own N64 setup to my LED flat screen.

I ain't getting a Frameister anytime soon (**** ton of money for that thing), and those Ultra HDMI mods are still "out-of-stock" at the moment (but its still a **** ton of money).

Just looking at various recommended converters to see what would be a good fit for me at the price.

This is what I’m using.
https://frys.com/product/9240669?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Like I mentioned earlier, it doesn’t really upscale the picture quality but I do notice the colors due seem to get brighter. Hope this helps.

Oh ****, those?

I have a Frys store near my house, and I saw these being sold on their shelves BUT was skeptical about them.

At least now I have an actual valid witness comment on someone that has used it, kudos on your input on them kalikid23 kalikid23

DEAAD0C3-6E89-416C-85FF-BF7D1B6B4FF9.jpeg

UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, A, START

:pimp:

Oh ****, those?

I have a Frys store near my house, and I saw these being sold on their shelves BUT was skeptical about them.

At least now I have an actual valid witness comment on someone that has used it, kudos on your input on them kalikid23 kalikid23

Same here man, I was a bit iffy on those too. I actually just went on YouTube and saw reviews on them . Everyone seemed to like, and you can’t go wrong for $20. I been using it for about 2months now and it’s doing a hell of a job.

bigjny88 bigjny88 Those A/V to HDMI boxes are all the same and they don't do any upscaling so you can't go wrong with any of them plus they are cheap enough that they can be replaced easily.

Been having alot of fun with STARDEW VALLEY. It is essentially a HArvest Moon, carbon copy. It is fun though. It was only 15 dollars on XBOX Live. CHeck it out if you liked HM

Been having alot of fun with STARDEW VALLEY. It is essentially a HArvest Moon, carbon copy. It is fun though. It was only 15 dollars on XBOX Live. CHeck it out if you liked HM

Is this game possible to play in 5-15 minute sessions? Like I can keep coming back to maintain my farm whenever. Would be something to do at work or between study sessions

any of you guys ever replace the labels on any of your old cartridges? I have Mario 64 and Super smash Bros. 64 with a pretty clean cartridge but the labels are faded and on the mario 64 the label is peeling on the corners.
I found the replacement labels on ebay but i dont know if i should just leave them as is or change them out?

any of you guys ever replace the labels on any of your old cartridges? I have Mario 64 and Super smash Bros. 64 with a pretty clean cartridge but the labels are faded and on the mario 64 the label is peeling on the corners.
I found the replacement labels on ebay but i dont know if i should just leave them as is or change them out?

Honestly depends on whether you plan on keeping the games in your lifetime or somewhat diminishing their value by replacing them with aftermarket labels. I've seen some games where the OG labels are completely destroyed and they warrant new labels. However in your description it doesn't seem like they are too bad.

I've done it for 3 nes games because the labels were absolutely destroyed. Castlevania 3, Contra, Rad Gravity.

I have Ogre Battle 64 that my cousin gave me years ago, the label is completely torn off. I gotta make a new label for this :lol:

^^
Really enjoyed the reboot game on the Xbox 360. Haven't had a chance to play the sequel (RotTR) though.

Back
Top Bottom