The RETRO Gaming Thread!

a964d3462411e9f3b94fa8745253def62a87734c_hq.gif

The Game Boy Camera was released 20 years ago today in Japan. I had one, but I didn't have the printer.

Star Fox was released 25 years ago today in Japan. It was released a month later in North America.

Anyone pick up the Secret of Mana remake/remaster? I picked up the physical copy at Game stop but not sure if I want to keep it. The reviews are pretty mediocre...

Anyone pick up the Secret of Mana remake/remaster? I picked up the physical copy at Game stop but not sure if I want to keep it. The reviews are pretty mediocre...

Seems that it was a shoddy 'remake'. Didn't fix any bugs or enhance the games visuals sufficiently.

Is this game possible to play in 5-15 minute sessions? Like I can keep coming back to maintain my farm whenever. Would be something to do at work or between study sessions
I say give yourself about 20 mins to plant, water, feed animals, talk to towns people, etc.

Is there any reason why an N64 controller my buddy gave me wouldn't work? Could it be the controller itself or my console? It's an OG controller, and the one I have (which is also original), works fine. His will not take to any of the 3 open ports.

Can I buy the 'knockoff' controllers or should I stick to eBay for the OG's?

Is there any reason why an N64 controller my buddy gave me wouldn't work? Could it be the controller itself or my console? It's an OG controller, and the one I have (which is also original), works fine. His will not take to any of the 3 open ports.

Try your working controller in all the other 3 ports, then try your buddy's controller in the port that your working controller was plugged into.

That way you'll know if the controller is dead.

Knockoff N64 controllers are pure trash in my honest opinion - they don't send precise signals for the analog sticks. Another problem with the OG controllers is that most of them are beat to 'ish so I highly recommend you find a retro store or peep your local Craigslist/Kijiji for OGs and then test out the analog sticks and buttons.

I got one of those knock offs that look just like the original controller brand new for $10 and it works perfectly fine.
The only thing is it wont work on 1st person shooter games like Golden Eye, Turok etc.....

Knockoff N64 controllers are pure trash in my honest opinion - they don't send precise signals for the analog sticks. Another problem with the OG controllers is that most of them are beat to 'ish so I highly recommend you find a retro store or peep your local Craigslist/Kijiji for OGs and then test out the analog sticks and buttons.

What about this one?

n64_front_1100x900_sm.png

Ok, it's not really like those Knock Off Ones he's talking about..............but for a 3rd party N64 Controller, GOD DAMN

What about this one?

n64_front_1100x900_sm.png

Ok, it's not really like those Knock Off Ones he's talking about..............but for a 3rd party N64 Controller, GOD DAMN

Design's really nice on that one. You'll have to check for compatibility and also look for the analog stick precision.

Hope I'm not jinxing myself here but I had friends over Saturday night, and all 3 knockoff controllers I wound up buying from a local shop in NY worked fine. Analog stick felt a bit stiff during Mario Kart, but still sufficient.

Knock off controllers work no problem the thing is how long will they last

As kid I didn’t remember any loose n64 sticks when I would play at my cousins

Back
Top Bottom