The RETRO Gaming Thread!

tumblr_onk60gimYD1qcf2rso1_500.gif

Collecting question: do will there ever be a point that prices will peak for a particular system?

In the year 2050, i can’t see an 18-year old video gamer caring about neo geo.

Genesis/N64 were the systems of my childhood. As I get older, less people from my generation will care about these systems. Younger gamers are curious about these systems that they didnt grow up with, but eventually genesis/n64 will be so dated that newer gamers may not care.

Of course as more time goes by, the number of working systems and games decrease, decreasing supply and driving prices up. But I think the number of people willing to pay high prices decreases as well.

Also, by 2050, tech could be so advanced that you can 3d-print these old systems and they’ll work flawlessly :lol:

idk i think certain systems will shoot up in value and some will just fall off...the 64 is one that i feel will fall off that era of games is so dated to me now, the games play slow, they look all cube lol. same for the og playstation.

but the 16bit era i feel will live on, games look great and even now games are made in 16bit so genesis is safe.
but if we talking 2050 lol then yeah most disc based consoles are probably broken.
the vita will be one of those expensives systems tho...its expensive now and games are hard to come by
wii u will be trash and forgotten once the rest of good games get put on switch

the money is in the games. keep ur games in good condition so when ur able to 3d print a gamecube you play some double dash lol

idk i think certain systems will shoot up in value and some will just fall off...the 64 is one that i feel will fall off that era of games is so dated to me now, the games play slow, they look all cube lol. same for the og playstation.

but the 16bit era i feel will live on, games look great and even now games are made in 16bit so genesis is safe.
but if we talking 2050 lol then yeah most disc based consoles are probably broken.
the vita will be one of those expensives systems tho...its expensive now and games are hard to come by
wii u will be trash and forgotten once the rest of good games get put on switch

the money is in the games. keep ur games in good condition so when ur able to 3d print a gamecube you play some double dash lol

It's not just N64; 3D games in general are evolutionary so PSX, DC, etc... all have the same problem. Newer games not only have improved graphics and immersion but the game mechanics are so much better.

The pixel and sprite based graphics of the 2D 8/16 bit era don't have this problem.

i never played metal gear besides a demo for the original ps1 that i played over and over lol, maybe ill pick up the hd collection of 1 and 2

I only played the first Metal Gear on the og NES.
Game was hard af. So easy to get lost.

Years later I watched a walkthrough, then tried to beat it, the game froze halfway through
and I was just like...

giphy.gif

One of the hardest NES games in my book yet it rarely gets mentioned in that
conversation these days...This coming from someone who could routinely beat
the first TMNT game in maybe less than 30 minutes and could TKO Tyson in the
2nd round almost everytime. The Ninja Gaiden video game series may be my fav.

Back
Top Bottom