The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Before capturing screenshots became as simple as pressing two buttons together, Nintendo Power had an illustrated guide on how to capture shots from your TV with a camera.

Screenshot-2.png

I remember I finally got Mario 64 when it sold 1 million copies or something

It dropped to like $50 or $40

No way my parents were copping it for me when it first dropped :lol:

joe billionaire joe billionaire I just couldn't get into this game as it felt too 'big' and almost like a chore even back then when I was a high school student.

it was a chore lol i remember going to different shops in the game to find out 1 bit of news, or to put a few clues together. its been well over 10 years since i played it. i have the recent release i have yet to pop it in. its a huge nostalgia thing for me tho lol

it was a chore lol i remember going to different shops in the game to find out 1 bit of news, or to put a few clues together. its been well over 10 years since i played it. i have the recent release i have yet to pop it in. its a huge nostalgia thing for me tho lol

Props to you for playing it and finishing it. I fired it up, saw some BS about visiting some cat at a certain time and was 'nah man, I ain't got time for that'. :lol:

I got the new release too but only popped in #2 because I never got to play it

Wow, almost a year & a half before the USA release listed on wiki as 02/12/90.
...They used to make us fiend for those Mario titles back in the day!
...All up in the magazines for so long before they were available to play.

I remember playing Mario 3 a lot during the summer, must have been 1990.

Speaking of The Wizard, I remember watching the movie the first time (a few years after it came out) and when girl said something like "get the flute" I was like wth?!? This was supposedly those kids first time playing it lol. Though I'm sure that's how many people found out about that secret at the time with the internet not being widespread and all.

My favorite video game of all time and best birthday present I ever got. Absolutely adore that game :smile:

I have The Wizard on dvd, kinda bad but it captures the coolness of that time, haha.

Loving all of this SMB3 talk.

Which suit did yall mess with the most?

And which, "Brothers" did you fear the most

1. The Tanooki Suit was cool as hell man. Hammer Suit comes in a close 2nd, only because of the flips Mario did when wearing it.

2. Maybe because of how Dominant they were in the SMB3 Cartoon, the Sledge Brothers used to strike fear in me.

They were big as hell in the cartoons man

so I just got the switch online with the virtual console. My wife and brother love SMB3 and most people credit it as the best game in the series. I feel like I need to finally play it seriously.

Loving all of this SMB3 talk.

Which suit did yall mess with the most?

And which, "Brothers" did you fear the most

1. The Tanooki Suit was cool as hell man. Hammer Suit comes in a close 2nd, only because of the flips Mario did when wearing it.

2. Maybe because of how Dominant they were in the SMB3 Cartoon, the Sledge Brothers used to strike fear in me.

They were big as hell in the cartoons man

My cousin had this game so my bro and I only got to sample it when we went to his crib. That said I do remember the 'racoon' suit which granted flight as being the bee's knees.

Tanooki suit was my favorite.
2nd has to be the frog suit and how he hopped his *** off when you finish a stage, it was hilarious watching him go across screen.

Koopa kids were fun and really unpredictable the first few times. Now I pass this game whenever I start it.

Back
Top Bottom