The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I picked up another NES game, I always wanted this game as a kid. Damn wrestling commercial breaks had me wishing for the action figures, video games and slim jims. :lol:

WWF WrestleMania challenge (1990)

This was my first wrestling game.

No lie, I still have random moments of humming the tunes of this game.

I also love the subtle difference between Player 1 Yourself and Player 2 Yourself

I also found it hard to get into and out of the ring

Rambo III was a top shelf Sega Genesis release back in their early days.
Solid game.
I also like/prefer Bloody Wolf (on the Turbo Grafx-16.) A top shelf game on that system.

Good, it already looks better than the disappointing NES version of Rambo. Either way, I'm a sucker for 80s games.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO You'll enjoy Rambo III - it's kinda short and somewhat repetitive but the game has just enough flair that you'll finish it.

I picked up another NES game, I always wanted this game as a kid. Damn wrestling commercial breaks had me wishing for the action figures, video games and slim jims. :lol:

WWF WrestleMania challenge (1990)

My bro and I were huge WWF fans growing up and we can both attest that the 8 bit NES games were terrible. Even back then, the controls were horrible, grappling was terrible and there was a general lack of moves (which might be OK in today's WWE) but completely unacceptable in that era when even the jobbers had a few moves in their arsenal.

I found the 16 bit games to be far better at implementing the basics. Just curious but are you getting the NES wrestling games for reasonable prices?

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO You'll enjoy Rambo III - it's kinda short and somewhat repetitive but the game has just enough flair that you'll finish it.

I figured it would be a bit repetitive but the graphics make up for it. I never got a chance to rent it as a kid so all I ever saw was the back of the empty case at my mom & pop rental store.

My bro and I were huge WWF fans growing up and we can both attest that the 8 bit NES games were terrible. Even back then, the controls were horrible, grappling was terrible and there was a general lack of moves (which might be OK in today's WWE) but completely unacceptable in that era when even the jobbers had a few moves in their arsenal.

I found the 16 bit games to be far better at implementing the basics. Just curious but are you getting the NES wrestling games for reasonable prices?

LJN....nuff said. I knew it was bad but I really loved wrestling from 1988 to 1993, had to have it.

Yes, I only paid $5 for it in mint condition. Came with an og Nintendo dust sleeve as well.

What's the worst video game that you bought or received brand new?

"Brand new" as in "never opened".

Worst video game I ever received/got brand new... this is a tough one. Probably Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. Tomb Raider games were so bad, but because Lara was "hot," they hella sold. Eidos with the great Marketing strategy for a 7 year old boy.

My scouting skills were always on point as a kid. I was like the Urban Meyer of video game buying. When my parents were going to buy me a game, I made sure to make it count.

One rare slip-up was when ign gave WWF Raw for the Xbox a 9.1, but the game was not good. Up until that point, I felt IGN ratings were pretty spot on, but this was not a 9/10 game.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was released on the Nintendo 64 twenty years ago today.

00a9c9f12262d92d7d08ec209540b72f.jpg

I didn't own a N64, but I did play OoT years later on the GameCube as part of the Collector's Edition.

You either had to register your GameCube (which I bought used) or get a subscription to Nintendo Power, which I did do.

My scouting skills were always on point as a kid. I was like the Urban Meyer of video game buying. When my parents were going to buy me a game, I made sure to make it count.

One rare slip-up was when ign gave WWF Raw for the Xbox a 9.1, but the game was not good. Up until that point, I felt IGN ratings were pretty spot on, but this was not a 9/10 game.

For a quick second I thought it was WWF Raw for Genesis/SNES which could be a 9.1 for wrestling games of that era. :lol:

Stopped by Salvation Army and found these 2 for $3 each. I want to say I already own Jurassic park but I can't remember, lol.

PS1 Dragon Ball Z : Battle 22

PS1 Jurassic Park: Lost World

i think i copped sonic 2 when it first released...around this time...right after thanksgiving

one of my favorite genesis games

streets of rage 2 & madden '93 were on deck for christmas
...possibly the peak of my last real gaming era

Back
Top Bottom