The RETRO Gaming Thread!

tenor.gif

Confession: I never really got into sonic like that

I beat the Dreamcast one and turning super saiyan in it was very memorable. But I had a SNES growing up and the times I played sonic it seemed like the reward was more in memorizing stuff so that you can speed through in another playthrough. Those times where you’re just stuck toward the bottom of a level struggling to get around suck. Music and themes for stages are obviously great though. And I do like sonic the character and his supporting cast.

Confession: I never really got into sonic like that

I beat the Dreamcast one and turning super saiyan in it was very memorable. But I had a SNES growing up and the times I played sonic it seemed like the reward was more in memorizing stuff so that you can speed through in another playthrough. Those times where you’re just stuck toward the bottom of a level struggling to get around suck. Music and themes for stages are obviously great though. And I do like sonic the character and his supporting cast.
You summed up my exact feelings for sonic. I remember playing one of the old genesis games as a kid and being terrified when I couldn't find an air bubble before sonic drowned. I wish Nintendo could make a sonic game, I bet they could bring him into 3D in a way that he could shine.

I didn't know anyone in highschool who owned one. We were all still either doing the snes/Genesis or went the PlayStation route.

I heard how they were using the PAL version of the games and you can tell on the Frame Rate on Tekken 3. That's bad that you can just watch it and tell it's slower. It's like Street Fighter 2 being on the SNES classic as opposed to Turbo. Were they trying to cut costs?

There's only two versions of the PlayStation Classic, Japan and everywhere else.

The Roms they used are the PAL version on most of games though.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/27/playstation-classic-review

"It’s also worth pointing out almost half of the games included in the PlayStation Classic’s library are the PAL versions, including Tekken 3 and Jumping Flash!, which means they might run at a lower framerate than you remember them depending on your region. In the case of Tekken 3, that 10 frame-per-second loss might significantly dampen the kind of precision that NTSC gamers were afforded back in the ‘90s."

Back
Top Bottom