The RETRO Gaming Thread!

e8302a.jpg

I still have the pleasure of visiting an arcade spot that uses only vintage machines. It’s small but has a decent selection of cabinets, maybe 30 total. They charge $10 per hour and you don’t have to push tokens or quarters. I’ve been there a few times with my nephews and their favorite ones to play are X-men, Cruisin USA, The Simpson’s and TMNT.

Only thing it’s missing is concession stand pizza/hot dogs.

I definitely miss the arcades but I always search for them in a cities I'm traveling to. Most recently went to Charlotte and went to a place called Abari. Really cool spot and they had the 6-player X-Men which I haven't seen in a VERY long time. That used to be the game everyone stood around and if you were lucky to get a spot on the sticks, it'd be for Dazzler :lol:

RE:Arcades in Japan

When I walked into a Japanese Arcade, it was low-ki overwhelming. It was just so much to chose from. And you know that sound/bass when you walk inside, it hit me hard. It was almost spiritual man.

What's the overall condition of the machines though? Find a lot of these places have machines that are kinda beat up with loose sticks, etc...

Depends on the location. Some owners are great and keep the machines well-maintained and clean.

But some places let the buttons and sticks get sticky from spilled beer, and generally feel disgusting.

I went to a Boba spot and they had an Arcade that had TMNT, Marvel v. Capcom and X-Men vs. Street Fighter built in. Looked legit. Couldn't play because my wife was waiting in the car :angry:

When I walked into a Japanese Arcade, it was low-ki overwhelming. It was just so much to chose from. And you know that sound/bass when you walk inside, it hit me hard. It was almost spiritual man.

Oh great, more stories from the panhandles of Maryland :smh:

Most fun ive ever had in life was in japan just playing all the different games...
I was a damn train conductor for an hour

You guys should read the making of the Street Fighter film. All of the behind the scenes stories that have come out in the years since are way interesting than the actual film itself.
Where did you read about the backstory because I sure hope they are as interesting as you say.

Back
Top Bottom