The RETRO Gaming Thread!

dc is one of the illest systems...

sf3 third strike
sf2x (aka super turbo)
alpha 3
mvc (see below)
mvc2 (arcade perfect or as close to an arcade perfect port as possible)
cvs, cvspro, cvs2 (had to import)
project justice
shenmue
powerstone 1 and 2
skies of arcadia
grandia 2
jet set radio
sonic adventure
etc. etc.

its worth more than 20 IMHO. it def had the best lineup for fighters in its time. period. only thing rocking with it on that front was the Saturn, really.

the only reason it didn't take off was because of bootlegging. the gamecube and dc shouldn't even be in the same sentence IMO.

I passed on a Sega Dreamcast today. It powered on and came with one controller with rumble pack and a bootleg copy of Crazy Taxi 2 but was missing the AV cables. It was $20 but I couldn’t bring myself to do it since I have no history with that system. Plus, I have no games for it either :tongue:

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO for $20 I would've taken the chance on it. Worst case you get a backup unit for spare parts. I've taken mine apart twice to grease the GD-Rom gears. It's extremely modular so even if one component isn't working you can swap it out. A/V cables are cheap but the best output options (VGA/HDMI) do cost money.

The game library is on the smaller side but it has a few gems. You seem to have luck finding games at good prices so you should build up a DC game library if you have a chance.

sf3 third strike
sf2x (aka super turbo)
alpha 3
mvc (see below)
project justice
shenmue
powerstone 1 and 2
skies of arcadia
grandia 2
jet set radio
sonic adventure
etc. etc.

its worth more than 20 IMHO. it def had the best lineup for fighters in its time. period. only thing rocking with it on that front was the Saturn, really.

the only reason it didn't take off was because of bootlegging. the gamecube and dc shouldn't even be in the same sentence IMO.

This is correct, plus NFL2K was serious too.

20200205_175805_resize_22.jpg

Another Kobe game I got.

Were there other years, sequels-prequels to this series?

20200205_175805_resize_22.jpg

Another Kobe game I got.

Were there other years, sequels-prequels to this series?

Started with NBA 06 and ended with NBA 10. I think the Live series (lol) and 2K were just too much of a competitor. The only sports game Sony really makes money off anymore is the MLB The Show series.

Edit: NBA 10 was only available on the PSP.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO for $20 I would've taken the chance on it. Worst case you get a backup unit for spare parts. I've taken mine apart twice to grease the GD-Rom gears. It's extremely modular so even if one component isn't working you can swap it out. A/V cables are cheap but the best output options (VGA/HDMI) do cost money.

The game library is on the smaller side but it has a few gems. You seem to have luck finding games at good prices so you should build up a DC game library if you have a chance.

I know I could probably fix it but I just didn’t want to gamble and maybe end up with a spare parts console. As for the games, this system is obscure in my area. I run into a Dreamcast game 1 every 4 months and it usually has the disc missing unless it’s a sports game. I ended up letting some dude who had a bagged Wii in his cart have it. All good man, I have too many consoles at this point:blush::lol:

I know I could probably fix it but I just didn’t want to gamble and maybe end up with a spare parts console. As for the games, this system is obscure in my area. I run into a Dreamcast game 1 every 4 months and it usually has the disc missing unless it’s a sports game. I ended up letting some dude who had a bagged Wii in his cart have it. All good man, I have too many consoles at this point:blush::lol:

Lack of actual physical media is a problem TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I won't deny that. System was out for about 2 years and wasn't successful. Part of the issue was the rampant piracy, I don't know if people actually purchased any legitimate games for it.

Saturn in America is up there too, sadly.

fighting vipers 1 and 2
fighters megamix
vf 2
mvssf
xmen vs sf
etc.

but you had to import like 99% of the worthwhile games and the initial price was ridiculous. smh at sega but I saw the vision...just couldn't afford it initially and then when I could, having to import back then <<<<<
but once you get those games...…...

only real flaws were the lack of a great arcade stick.

i remember playing caveman games with my younger cousin. we used to play with g.i. joes and transformers before throwing that in followed by tmnt 2 or skate or die back in the day.

good times.

sf3 third strike
sf2x (aka super turbo)
alpha 3
mvc (see below)
project justice
shenmue
powerstone 1 and 2
skies of arcadia
grandia 2
jet set radio
sonic adventure
etc. etc.

dreamcast is the best console ever made if you like playing fighting games...outside of the dreamcast or neo geo you have to get the real arcade boards...

N64 was the reason i never bought a nintendo console again...i only bought the DS's and the Switch from nintendo after that

my friend had a civic si in 2000... i was like man this is a dope whip... he would drive it in the highway intentionally to race people lmao... i was in the whip like damn im shook i dont want to die this car is going so fast... well long story short he had small tvs in the whip hooked up with the dreamcast...and of course it had tokyo xtreme racer on there... i always wanted a tv in the whip since then but never pulled the trigger... the game is a classic though... i had it and still never beat the boss at the end lol

Back
Top Bottom