The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

you should check this game out...

Flashback-MD-us-cv-x640.jpg

A pre-taped edition of SmackDown Friday didn't update the Roman Reigns situation or that Braun Strowman is Goldberg's new opponent at WrestleMania, so we're talking wrestling video games on the Saturday edition of Wrestling Observer Live.

As both a longtime wrestling fan and gamer, I have been playing wrestling video games nearly since their beginning. We talk about everything from Tag Team Wrestling in the arcades, Pro Wrestling on the NES, WWF Royal Rumble on both the SNES and Sega Genesis, WWF No Mercy, WWF Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain, WWF Day of Reckoning, the WWE 2K series, and Fire Pro Wrestling World.

We take your calls and tweets on WWF WrestleMania 2000, WWF WrestleFest, WCW Superbrawl, WCW vs NWO World Tour. and some very obscure games like FMW and Antonio Inoki. I also tell you my all-time favorite game, a choice that isn't very common.

WOL: A deep dive into pro wrestling video games https://www.f4wonline.com/wrestling-observer-live/wol-deep-dive-pro-wrestling-video-games-307586

funny how this cover always made ryu look weak. just for him to turn into the star of the series

The crowd is my biggest gripe lol

same 6 people cycled around the arena wearing different shirts

They have increased the number of different fans for a few years now.

If we are talking about crowd SOUND, now that is something the NBA Live series has over 2K.

funny how this cover always made ryu look weak. just for him to turn into the star of the series

I remember seeing SFII for the first time in the arcade.
It was amazing.

Blanka, in particular, caught my eye...a green beast that could electrocute?!?!? Sign me up.
That's who I'm choosing (initally - although I settled with Ryu & Ken like a lot of other folks.)

I do believe the Blanka character was a major selling point for the game when it released.
So the cover makes sense to me...to keep him a selling point for the home version(s.)

My 2 cents

the main star in their series are

( Street Fighter ) Ryu

( Tekken) Jin

(Mortal Kombat) Scorpion

(Killer Instinct ) Jago

(King of Fighters) Terry

I remember seeing SFII for the first time in the arcade.
It was amazing.

Blanka, in particular, caught my eye...a green beast that could electrocute?!?!? Sign me up.
That's who I'm choosing (initally - although I settled with Ryu & Ken like a lot of other folks.)

I do believe the Blanka character was a major selling point for the game when it released.
So the cover makes sense to me...to keep him a selling point for the home version(s.)

My 2 cents
i started out with ryu...but once my friend started beating me with ken i realized how much better his dragon punch was i started playing with ken...ive used ken ever since sf2...time flies!

seeing and playing sf2 changed videogames for me...after that i think the only game i really got into outside of the street fighter series was tekken and gran turismo...the mortal kombat series was awesome too

Back
Top Bottom