The RETRO Gaming Thread!

4A82A59F-67F6-477E-B7FE-7FB1DDA83221.jpeg

my contribution

Those are nice pickups my G, but 3 of those carts a need cleaning. You can get replacement label stickers if you don't care too much about them being original.

I got a bunch of games for PlayStation, SNES, and N64. I'm just pretty sure all the cartridges need the thorough blowing and discs need to be cleaned spotless.

A shame I'm pretty sure all 3 consoles I have are dead (definitely the PlayStation) and I dont feel like re-buying them

Master Zik Master Zik

Ever heard of Him Lee's WildC.A.T.S?

1587574410260257658665.jpg
Of course.

One of the comics he created when he left Marvel to found Image.

I use to watch the cartoon when I was younger. Didnt know of a game.

Last edited:
I got a bunch of games for PlayStation, SNES, and N64. I'm just pretty sure all the cartridges need the thorough blowing and discs need to be cleaned spotless.

A shame I'm pretty sure all 3 consoles I have are dead (definitely the PlayStation) and I dont feel like debuting them

Of course.

One of the comics he created when he left Marvel to found Image.

I use to watch the cartoon when I was younger. Didnt know of a game.

Played a little of it just now. Plays similar to the X-Men games on sega and SNES.

I could never finish Zombies Ate my Neighbors. I do wonder why that hasn’t been brought back or recreated. Game is classic.

4A82A59F-67F6-477E-B7FE-7FB1DDA83221.jpeg

my contribution
Good stuff dude! Like vood99 vood99 said before, clean out the carts with q tips and rubbing alcohol. You can use a hair dryer to remove the stickers and use alcohol to remove any stains/residue afterwards. I do it to all the games I pick up.

datboi81 datboi81 colored cartridges in general were the truth my G. It's a pity that all the game publishes stuck with the default cartridge colourway.
Facts. I used to love seeing them come in different colors. My Genesis copy of is Red as well.

vood99 vood99 , have you ever used/played with a Atari ST ??

My local thrift store tossed one out because they thought it was junk so I picked it off the floor and right into my trunk :lol: This is the Atari 1040 STF model WITH matching color monitor (Atari SC1224). I’m only missing the propriety video/audio cable that connects the console to the monitor. I found the cable new in a UK based website for $13. My plan is to clean it out first to make sure it turns on.

Edit: Forgot to mention it came with the Atari mouse as well.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why this Franchise hasn't stayed relevant on the newer Sony systems?
Usually the software companies go under or they fumble the ball trying to develop and progress the game.

I swear for me Twisted Metal for me was Mortal Kombat in cars. They was going the extra mile crafting all types of backstory and storylines.

Man we have come a LONG way :lol:;

i also like basketball games from my childhood better than the new 2k series...live 2005 and nba street were my favorites

im playing 2k20 and its okay...im just not into all the dressing up stuff and the game is really hard to master

NBA Street Vol 2 is probably the greatest basketball game of all time. Live 05 was amazing too with the first all star weekend events!

nfl 2k5 still the best football game of all time too.

PS2 era sports games had the balance of realism meeting passion and technological advancement meeting entertaining fun. Sports games today lack passion. No heart, just cash grabs. I’d say the transition to PS3 is where I first noticed the decline.

Back
Top Bottom