The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Isn’t it crazy how generation changes can kill of gaming franchises? NBA Live was great fun 15 years ago in the PS2 era. Get to PS3 and dead. Same with all of SSX, Def Jam series, and all of EA BIG as a matter of fact.

Is their only sports game Madden? And lord knows those games have been trash since....2010 maybe? That was the last one I played and really enjoyed.

SSX and NBA Street were some of the best games I played on PS2. I hate how Capcom abandons series too, namely Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe, and Power Stone

i want this...switch fighter

image.jpeg.jpg

SSX and NBA Street were some of the best games I played on PS2. I hate how Capcom abandons series too, namely Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe, and Power Stone

all of this.
I was just looking at Rival Schools this morning questioning why they haven’t done a 3 yet. I know for them it’s “Name recognition/Marketing” but come on. They used to pump games out back in the day, now it’s “if we don’t move 2 million units in the first 2 Months, it’s not worth it to make.

Best way for them to expand their Capcom Pro Tours is to have more fighting games. They could literally run their own EVO off of their franchises alone.

Well looks like Marvel and Capcom are bringing some old games back via 1UP

I completely expect MVC4/5 to be announced after EVO SFV tournament. I know they wanted to do it during the MVC2 tourney, but that ain’t happening.

10375C68-B5D3-456C-ADE4-AA2CEBCCA3FD.jpeg

The original Diablo is my favorite game ever. I have all 3 classes legit level 50 with legit perfect gear. Love endgame PVP. Just recently found this perfect Dragon Zod ring to complete a perfect trio of them after 20 years if playing.

Diablo II was something else for me. The amount of character builds my brother and I used to have was insane - especially right before the expansion set hit. Played it for several years after its initial release.

I remember SSX being huge at one point (though I never got into it)... and then it suddenly disappeared.

Arcade 1-ups are a ripoff. For the money you're paying they should include 10 games at least. 2-3 games with a bunch of old tech and plywood isn't worth it. I understand that they have to pay to license the games but it can't be that much.

I think their business model is that they're the only ones doing it on a national scale, so they can do whatever they want.

Def Jam Fight For NY engine needs to be revived someway somehow

WWF/E should pay AKI/Syn Sophia whatever the hell they want to revitalize their game engine from Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 or No Mercy. Just have an actual referee in the ring instead of the 2D sprite and increase the number of onscreen wrestlers to 8 at the very minimum.

If they refuse then get the Fire Pro cats to make the game - pay them whatever the hell they want.

WWF/E should pay AKI/Syn Sophia whatever the hell they want to revitalize their game engine from Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 or No Mercy. Just have an actual referee in the ring instead of the 2D sprite and increase the number of onscreen wrestlers to 8 at the very minimum.

If they refuse then get the Fire Pro cats to make the game - pay them whatever the hell they want.

As much as I agree with that last part, Vince (who probably hasn’t played a game ever a day in life) wouldn’t want Fire Pro to make his game because it’s “Wrestling” and he’s “Sports Entertainment.”

Back
Top Bottom