The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Here at work listening to Google Play Music and this song came on.

Yes I created an 80's only station. For those wondering what this has to do with retro gaming thread, it was a song played in The Wizard starting Fred Savage.

I don't know about you guys but as a kid I wanted to see Jimmy. My cousin and I were like we can beat him at all those games except Ninja Gaiden, never played it. Also idiot me as a kid wanted to drive to LA from Utah. :smh:

No mention of the Streets Of Rage and Final Fight games?

Beat em up games back in the day >>>
Anyone see they released a Streets of Rage 4 and I believe they give you the chance to play the classic Streets of Rage.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=streets+of+rage+4&crid=3L89FPHK5CXGI&sprefix=streets+of+,aps,151&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11

Great genre that never gets old.

Also, a great genre to bring "non-gamers" into the mix.

Mike Haggar was my dude, of course. THe Pro Wrestler. Funny Sound Effects too.
I wish developers would realize how badly lacking those types of games are. Give me a new beat up game, LOVE those games.

Beat Em Ups are having a resurgence for sure. I’m playing SOR4 and I loved River City Girls.

I’m waiting for the resurgence of the Mad Gear Gang. Capcom is leaving so many franchises dormant right now smh.

Brother, you’d LOVE the game. Misako has a Stone Cold Stunner and the Masked Wrestler villains are all named after legends real names. Highly recommend picking up.
Yea, you sold me already.

I saw the Frankensteiner as a move upgrade in the trailer.

Thanks man.

tumblr_n35t3au9Jh1qd4q8ao1_250.gif

Yea the new SOR is vicious man.

Downloaded it for PC.

Very difficult though.
Nice to know, I heard negative reviews on Amazon. However $40 cheaper if used not a bad purchase. I been really head down focused these last couple of days playing an JRPG on PS4.

Here at work listening to Google Play Music and this song came on.

Yes I created an 80's only station. For those wondering what this has to do with retro gaming thread, it was a song played in The Wizard starting Fred Savage.

I don't know about you guys but as a kid I wanted to see Jimmy. My cousin and I were like we can beat him at all those games except Ninja Gaiden, never played it. Also idiot me as a kid wanted to drive to LA from Utah. :smh:

Did you also want to go to "California" real bad?? LOL I remember thinking this movie was awesome in the mid 90s, watched it about 10 years ago again and it was cheesy but still entertaining.

Did you also want to go to "California" real bad?? LOL I remember thinking this movie was awesome in the mid 90s, watched it about 10 years ago again and it was cheesy but still entertaining.
I'm from San Diego, my cousin and I were suppose to go to the video game contest in LA. However I got in trouble in school and the stupid parent teacher conference was the same day. Not saying I had a shot at winning but just being able to be there with all those other gamers. Closets I came to that environment was the tournaments at Blockbuster. When we got stationed in Germany I did win the video game contest on base, nothing special probably about 10/15 kids.

I’ve seen that movie a few times with my little nephews. I’ll sit there and have flashbacks of when that movie was new and what I was doing in those times. The movie poster stayed up at the mall for almost a year before they finally took it down and I wanted it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom