The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Recently went down a rabbit hole and decided I need wireless controllers in my room. For my own convenience and luxury

C8D1494F-DE39-4D7E-875F-19F2BBC69550.jpeg

Last two are PS2 knockoffs but were 4 bux each and work solid to me.

I still have all my OG wired, will post that later

Dope find my man, as someone who likes to collect original boxes, it shows that that person really took care of his stuff. I don't have N64 OG box yet but one day..

Back then I was able to get my hands on original controllers by getting stuff used, and still kept most of them. Had third party controllers here and there but they never lasted.

I wouldn't pay for those off-brand ones from Amazon. However, there are some companies that actually make good controllers such as 8bitdo, Retro-Bit, and Hori.

Hori's been around for decades. I want to say that their controllers were/are actually better than OEM and I do recall them costing more or being on par with OEM prices.

Did they ever say why it was the last game? Or was it just that their contract with them wa up?

THQ opted to go with Yukes to develop their GC and PS2 games and some other third party company for the XBox.

Move that made no sense considering how immensely popular the AKI games were and I guess part of the reason why THQ is no more today.

I had the Yukes games on my GameCube and they were simply not as fun as the N64 games although they did look great. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Super Mario 3D All-Stars pretty much scrapped any N64 Classic mini and/or N64 Online news happening.........especially after that ported collection dropped 1-2+ million in sales in the first week.

Nintendo sees a "ported ($60) market" for old N64/Gamecube/Wii games to the Switch at retail prices instead of............"the classic minis" for profit instead thx to that Mario anniversary 3D collection.

I mean it could still happen with Super Mario 3D All-Stars no longer being produced and no longer being sold on the eShop after March 2021, but why would Nintendo do that when they can just drop a re-release of these games as a separate port release at $60 AND casuals will end up dropping their wallets at that price anyway?

Watching that n64 video and KB You stores broke the street date and started to sell the consoles early.

Could we see that happen with the xsx and ps5?

Watching that n64 video and KB You stores broke the street date and started to sell the consoles early.

Could we see that happen with the xsx and ps5?

NEVER. The way this world is set up with lawsuits and contracts, unfortunately we’ll never a get a broken street date ever again.

Back
Top Bottom