The RETRO Gaming Thread!

But Dreamcast has Super Turbo, Darkstalkers, and Alpha 3 :lol: The first two released only in Japan but yeah.

Weirdly enough the controller wasn't too bad for me at the time. I was able to do some nice MVC2 combos with it but looking back now it wasn't that great.

ballin! super turbo is $$$

now i need the agetek stick, vampire chronicle, and super turbo for the collection

Last edited:
ballin! super turbo is $$$

now i need the agetek stick, vampire chronicle, and super turbo for the collection
Oh sorry I don't actually own it, just proof it exists (I probably should've mentioned that). Your collection is dope.

My first arcade stick was during the Dreamcast era. Cheap but it did the trick- I rock with sticks for fighters almost exclusively now.

Before (I had the clear green one :lol:):
1605043141571.png

Current:

IMG_20201110_132146.jpg

Added a spring for some resistance to the stick, and switched the buttons...forgot what to though haha.

Last edited:
Shin Megami Tensei 4, Toshinden 3, another Melee for well under 50 dollars, Vita for 7.99 and so much more. Man I know there’s no game being played, but you sir are the winner for sure!

yungxcve yungxcve Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

Good looks on this page Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

Just got finished watching this and the reasons listed for why SF3 wasn't that popular on a mainstream level makes perfect sense.

I remember having 3rd Strike on the DC and whenever anybody came over to play it, they said they didn't know the game existed.

I also agree the new characters weren't really captivating, I doubt I used ALex 10 times as long as I had that game.

Ridiculous how much more powerful the OG Xbox was compared to the PS2. Game looks like a generational difference

I found a retro shop near me. Heading there tomorrow 🔥

If the prices are okay I'm gonna try to grab me a N64 with No Mercy, OG Xbox or GameCube with NBA Street vol. 2, and or a GBA SP with Pokemon Emerald :pimp:

yungxcve yungxcve Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

Good looks on this page Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

Just got finished watching this and the reasons listed for why SF3 wasn't that popular on a mainstream level makes perfect sense.

I remember having 3rd Strike on the DC and whenever anybody came over to play it, they said they didn't know the game existed.

I also agree the new characters weren't really captivating, I doubt I used ALex 10 times as long as I had that game.

I feel most games play better on Dreamcast than their other ports, except for this one. This one plays just like the collection version on PS2.

Also, Double Impact > Third Strike.

I am watching MK1 for now, I will watch SOR 3 at another time.

I need to find an order to watch these so I don't skip anything.

I will probably finish up the Capcom Vs. Fighters Series before moving on.

Whole segment on WWE Censorship here.

Now that I will finally own a house soon... thinking about finally buying an arcade or two. Always wanted a CPS2 and an MVS, but owning either isn't very practical considering you can play the entire library of both arcades via modern console emulation, so I dunno.

Yea, he has some videos talking about the wrestling games.

I don't get all the hate for SoR3.

Yea it was the weakest but it was fun.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee I think that Bare Knuckles III is the best of the initial trilogy - some weak points are the music and some levels are weak but the combat fluidity is amazing. FWIW, BK I and BK II had some weak levels but the music was on point.

SoR 3 was needlessly changed from the Japanese version (Bare Knuckles) and had some stupidly high difficulty which results it in being considered the 'worst'. I've played both and I did not like SoR 3 as well too.

Now that I will finally own a house soon... thinking about finally buying an arcade or two. Always wanted a CPS2 and an MVS, but owning either isn't very practical considering you can play the entire library of both arcades via modern console emulation, so I dunno.

You can make that same argument for all forms of Retro gaming forreal.

But I agree, cabinets have a low level of replay value and probably end up collecting dust.

Back
Top Bottom