The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Yes! That’s what THAT looks like :rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Bonus points for that neat antenna on top :emoji_fire:
Before Covid, a few years back, I used to pick a lot of stuff in the streets, furniture they throw each first wednesday of the month :lol:
my home is full of things I did not buy, just collected stuff people didn't want no longer in the streets or even at work :rofl:

Furnitures are the most easy thing to collect as no one really cares about it

Some solid titles on here. I only browsed the SNK Section though.

What is Amazon Prime Gaming?
Prime Gaming is one of the many benefits of an Amazon Prime Membership. As Amazon explains, “With Prime Gaming, unlock instant access to tons of exclusive content for your favorite games, and a collection of PC games for free… each and every month.” ... Free in-game content (loot) for a selection of online games

Prime Gaming https://gaming.amazon.com/home

Didn't try more than 5 minutes but love character's animation and the random things he does when you're not controlling him (like a lot of years after Conker in Conker's Bad Fur Day)

1C83B64B-4266-48BC-A448-7689E9B2B25C.jpeg

Good luck even finding an original PlayStation model that still works today.

Speaking of aging PlayStation....I just spent 30 minutes taking apart TWO PS2 controllers to make one fully functional controller. I did clean out all the plastic parts with warm soapy water and drying them before assembling. That **** was a pain but needed to be done.

To me the Xbox 360/PS3 was the last great era, although I was more of an Xbox person back then. When the Xbox One and PS4 failed to make a serious upgrade over the previous systems, that was the beginning of the end. Most they did was coming up with new ways to drain everyone's wallets.

The consoles that just came out should have been what we got after the 360/PS3. At least something close to that anyways. Going from 8-bit to 16-bit was such a huge jump back in the day. It was exciting to get a new system and play games, even if some of those games (looking at you Altered Beast) were really crap.

I got ikaruga for the switch. Was hoping the port would bring the gc price down...it did a little but not enoigh for my liking.

Only 2D games are worth playing from back in the day.

3D games are fine based on your personal nostalgia and experiences. I tried going back to play some 'critically acclaimed' console 3D games from the 90s and mid-00s as I was into PC gaming in that time frame and I couldn't do it.

As Air Champa Air Champa said it feels like X360/PS3 were the pinnacle of the 3D games from an evolutionary standpoint.

Just have played to GoldenEye, one of the rare games from this 3D era I still love to play like Perfect Dark
It definitely aged well, ennemies' reactions, different levels of difficulty so you can't be frustrated and also it's a challenging game...
And this real 3D in comparison of horrible Mode 7 from previous generation never gave me headache :lol:
Also Twitch makes it easy with Twitch Studio, I remember OBS was quite painful to configurate, so if you guys want to show us your games it would be cool, just enjoyed to stream sooner, Super Mario Land 1, Unreal Tournament 2004 and GoldenEye, result ain't bad for a 20 Mbps, as it's old games

Back
Top Bottom