The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I hear you fam, I have a soft spot for N64 and I know how tough it is to find OG controllers that don't have analog sticks completely worn out.

I can't wait to play video games with my son... he's not even 1 yet, but I think I will have him start off with the SNES classic and work his way up to more modern games so he will appreciate the development of them. I hope he takes as good of care of his stuff that I did. I still have my original SNES, PlayStation, Dreamcast. It's crazy thinking that I probably have over 30k worth of games in my collection. I used to think it was just around 20k or so, until I started looking up what sell prices are on a lot of these old complete games and accessories. Just seeing what some of these old factory sealed Nintendo games are going for on ebay... like what was it, Mario 3? Something sold for like $250k. Makes me want to double up on more stuff and just put it away and forget about it for a couple of decades. We'll see what my collection is worth by the time Levi is an adult.

Anyway I will share with you guys a couple of my grails...

20210226_103154.jpg
20210226_103301.jpg

My strategy guide and art book collection is worth a pretty decent amount too. Got 3 more Kazuma Kaneko Works art books in transit from Asia rn.

I can't wait to play video games with my son... he's not even 1 yet, but I think I will have him start off with the SNES classic and work his way up to more modern games so he will appreciate the development of them. I hope he takes as good of care of his stuff that I did. I still have my original SNES, PlayStation, Dreamcast. It's crazy thinking that I probably have over 30k worth of games in my collection. I used to think it was just around 20k or so, until I started looking up what sell prices are on a lot of these old complete games and accessories. Just seeing what some of these old factory sealed Nintendo games are going for on ebay... like what was it, Mario 3? Something sold for like $250k. Makes me want to double up on more stuff and just put it away and forget about it for a couple of decades. We'll see what my collection is worth by the time Levi is an adult.
I have no kids but if I had I'ld do the same, hoping it wouldn't bore them :lol:
Like for rap, we like kind of things and some youngsters other things, we may cross sometimes, but there are differences
Only thing is, cartridges and boxes could remain ok, but CD's boxes are awful to not destroy, very easy to break them like to ruin CD's

Love the Super Famicom system. Related post, packing up the Nintendo’s and preparing for a move soon. The OG SNES has been with me the longest since 1996 or so. It was our second one cuz my pops gave the first one away to my bro who was still in Vietnam.
94146B20-90CB-4CDD-8ACB-1B6272982228.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the Super Famicom system. Related post, packing up the Nintendo’s and preparing for a move soon. The OG SNES has been with me the longest since 1996 or so. It was our second one cuz my pops gave the first one away to my bro who was still in Vietnam.
Very nice collection of consoles! I don’t see a Wii or WiiU though? Not a fan of those consoles?

Very nice collection of consoles! I don’t see a Wii or WiiU though? Not a fan of those consoles?

I have both actually (Wii and Wii U in both black and white models) but not sure if those are considered retro yet (and also I hadn't disconnect it at the time of this photo lol). Nonetheless I am pretty much a fan of everything Nintendo :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom