The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I see that there is a japanese version and an american version

Ya, it's a bit confusing...but I would want regular controllers to play on
a big screen...and not have to use the mini arcade cabinet as the controller.

Looks like there are several versions including some limited edition ones.

Again, some of the reviews are not favorable.

Ya, it's a bit confusing...but I would want regular controllers to play on
a big screen...and not have to use the mini arcade cabinet as the controller.

Looks like there are several versions including some limited edition ones.

Again, some of the reviews are not favorable.

Going to look into this now.

Slim pickings at the thrift store today but I did just pick up a spare Sega Genesis (model 1) for $5. No cables or controllers, just the console. Hooked it up and it works! Got myself a spare in case one goes bad. Now if only I could come across a Sega Master system that easily, haha.

I think I never played to the Saturn yet, used to play to the Megadrive but don't think so for the Genesis and I must have confused both as I have none of them and was young, would you recommend some games for the Saturn that aged well ? Because I think this was the first era of 3D...

I think I never played to the Saturn yet, used to play to the Megadrive but don't think so for the Genesis and I must have confused both as I have none of them and was young, would you recommend some games for the Saturn that aged well ? Because I think this was the first era of 3D...

Never owned a Saturn, just the Genesis. The Genesis is the same console as the MegaDrive, no?
Genesis = North America
MegaDrive = everywhere else

Never owned a Saturn, just the Genesis. The Genesis is the same console as the MegaDrive, no?
Genesis = North America
MegaDrive = everywhere else
I thought Genesis was for MegaDrive II, I would have to do better researches because I don't know a lot about Sega, just Game Gear and Dreamcast and not enough

Some people thought that the PC Engine and Turbo GraFX 16 were different consoles.

Speaking of the TG16, anyone ever own it?

My cousin had it back in the day. Always thought it was meh.

Attachments

• 41Rhzs0cn+L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    41Rhzs0cn+L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Sega_Mega_Drive_PAL.jpg
    Sega_Mega_Drive_PAL.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 4
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Sega_Mega-CD_II_(PAL).jpg
    Sega_Mega-CD_II_(PAL).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 52
Some people thought that the PC Engine and Turbo GraFX 16 were different consoles.

Speaking of the TG16, anyone ever own it?

My cousin had it back in the day. Always thought it was meh.

I think the PC Engine/TurboGraFX was popular in Japan and Europe respectively. I was in the Middle East at the time and it wasn't popular and I personally thought it was 'meh' like you.

Btw Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee skip the Neo Geo Mini and look for the 'Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro' if you're still interested in obtaining one.

Back
Top Bottom