The RETRO Gaming Thread!

1iGp.gif

Just did HL² in a raw, game is in french though, love Alyx, great character, and it's quite rare to have feminine characters of value in video games, so that's got to be said

Hello Natalya from GoldenEye...

Yes I learnt recently a reason why the game is so great is because they created levels first and then objectives, reason why levels are big enough to have fun, it was first supposed to be a rail shooter, this and Perfect Dark are still incredible today, I would love living in a world where Rare would have made other FPS with that engine, after the success of GoldenEye, Nintendo proposed to Rare to make another Bond's game but they refused to make Perfect Dark. Funny thing is the difficulty difference due to AI, GoldenEye's AI permits me to finish it even in 00 Agent because of ennemies' aiming, and time to shoot, but Perfect Dark in Perfect Agent is really challenging. Love both but if anyone has been frustrated by NPC in GoldenEye, don't play to Perfect Dark, because there are several levels with them...

Been picking up a bunch of consoles on the cheap lately for $10-20 each. Gamecube, Wii , PS2...etc. I’m guessing it’s folks thinking the coast is clear and that normal social/outdoor activities will resume?

Been picking up a bunch of consoles on the cheap lately for $10-20 each. Gamecube, Wii , PS2...etc. I’m guessing it’s folks thinking the coast is clear and that normal social/outdoor activities will resume?
I don't know, but what I know is when you used to collect something and you stopped collecting it, you could want to get rid of it to really move on, causing you to sell it at a low price, not paying attention to money here but to serenity, because getting rid of some stuff symbolizing an old you is liberator. But you're surely right, people can't wait to go outside for real.

_

Just discovered a free mini golf game online in real 3D, amazingly addictive, they could keep their sophisticated games, I'm a simple man :lol:

Love when 3D is simple with the less details possible and beautiful smooth textures, it permits to play a lot without feeling the eyes fatigue caused by too many details.
I'm already old, always repeating this everywhere :rofl:
Not having played a lot yet to Unreal Tournament 3, I fond it beautiful, but there's a ton of details, and I have felt the difference with Unreal Tournament 2004...
Not too many details and no strange lightings please developpers, make this simple. Not too many options or keyboard buttons.

Mini golf is great as sometimes your luck could make you pass for some skill player :lol: I did some great moves ^^

I don't know, but what I know is when you used to collect something and you stopped collecting it, you could want to get rid of it to really move on, causing you to sell it at a low price, not paying attention to money here but to serenity, because getting rid of some stuff symbolizing an old you is liberator. But you're surely right, people can't wait to go outside for real.

The consoles I picked up were from thrift stores so those folks literally donated them. I cleaned them up and noticed they had stickers from those used/retro game stores which then tells me they paid high prices on them likely during the pandemic. I was surprised they didn’t sell it back them, lol. Like you said though, could be they just wanted to move on. I’m hoping it continues and I come up on a Sega Master System or a Sega CD :lol: :evil:

The consoles I picked up were from thrift stores so those folks literally donated them. I cleaned them up and noticed they had stickers from those used/retro game stores which then tells me they paid high prices on them likely during the pandemic. I was surprised they didn’t sell it back them, lol. Like you said though, could be they just wanted to move on. I’m hoping it continues and I come up on a Sega Master System or a Sega CD :lol: :evil:
I used to talk with several persons about how they might get some extra cash selling their old stuff, and the most wasn't interested by doing this, because it takes a lot of time, you got to deal with people, it's annoying as possible, and for having sold some sneakers, I can only agree with them, it's a pain :lol:

EDIT: You can earn money but you're wasting time, so to each his own

I used to talk with several persons about how they might get some extra cash selling their old stuff, and the most wasn't interested by doing this, because it takes a lot of time, you got to deal with people, it's annoying as possible, and for having sold some sneakers, I can only agree with them, it's a pain :lol:

EDIT: You can earn money but you're wasting time, so to each his own

That’s true, it’s a pain to sell some shoes.The anonymity of ebay or OfferUp in person, both suck! You just have to pick which hassle you have more patience for that day :lol:

That’s true, it’s a pain to sell some shoes.The anonymity of ebay or OfferUp in person, both suck! You just have to pick which hassle you have more patience for that day :lol:
That's what sometimes prevent you to collect anything once you already did this at least one time : thinking about the day you would stop and have to sell it :lol:

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I think the retro gaming craze started trending upward around '15-16 and like all fads it will taper off - you might be seeing some early signs of this as you're in a big city.

When you have crappy games and even some hardware going for hundreds and even thousands due to rarity as opposed to playability there's a big problem. Nostalgia's a hell of a drug and it does wear off - more quickly for some than others.

Back
Top Bottom