The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Did you guys like Super Mario Bros. 2? (1988) I thought it was pretty good.

Yea I messed it with especially since it allowed us to use 4 distinctly different characters.
I enjoyed the soundtrack too.

It being different didn't bother me.

The, "Lost Levels" did nothing for me but that was probably because once we got it (MArio All-Stars) we had already been exposed to Mario 3 so going BACK to "Mario 1.5" a few years later was a downgrade.

Lost Levels is one of Nintendo’s worst sequels.

But they definitely rebounded to a spectacular sequel in Mario 3. Even with Genesis, Turbografix, and Neo Geo around, Mario 3 hit different.

Remember those Nintendo arcade machines that hosted Famicon games. I never saw that Goonies game on console.

luigi’s jump in 2 was god tier
FAU4.gif

Did you guys like Super Mario Bros. 2? (1988) I thought it was pretty good.
I know its a rehash of Doki Doki Panic, but I love the game. SM3 is THE most popular, but I prefer 2 over 3. I enjoyed the fact that you could play as 4 different characters and the bosses were a nice change of pace from part 1. I'm dating myself, but when the Nintendo Power issue came out with part 2 on the cover, I lost my mind.

Anyone interested in this?

Never owned one back in te day.

Might pick one up sometime this year.
I’m kinda interested but I’m not familiar with their library of games. I have an og Atari ST that I can mod to use a USB and download games as an option. Pretty sure I’d never use it though.

I know its a rehash of Doki Doki Panic, but I love the game. SM3 is THE most popular, but I prefer 2 over 3. I enjoyed the fact that you could play as 4 different characters and the bosses were a nice change of pace from part 1. I'm dating myself, but when the Nintendo Power issue came out with part 2 on the cover, I lost my mind.
SM2 definitely holds a special place for me. I remember my neighbor friend had it and we'd spend so much time playing it one summer when I was like 5 or 6. Also used to enjoy going to the library in my elementary days to see if they had the latest Nintendo Power issue yet and what games they'd be previewing.

Question, when you guys played level games like Mario did you switch with friends after a level even if you beat it or play til you died? Had some friends insist on passing the sticks only after dying and others who insisted on switching even if you beat the level. I always thought it was more fair after beating a level considering you could have a few others waiting their turn.

Back
Top Bottom