The RETRO Gaming Thread!

il_1588xN.3332532929_cz0d.jpg

I used to watch this cartoon after school as a kid and never knew there was an official NES release. I picked it up just recently and it plays okay, not great but not the worst either.
1646706093206.jpeg

Also went and got a few more NES titles ...

Dig Dug 2
Super Dodgeball
Cybernoid
Stinger
Circus Caper

Puts me at 324 NES carts that I counted a few days ago.

(2) The History of HUGO - The Giant Challenger - A Street Fighter Character Documentary (1989 - 2022) - YouTube

I used to watch this cartoon after school as a kid and never knew there was an official NES release. I picked it up just recently and it plays okay, not great but not the worst either.
1646706093206.jpeg

Also went and got a few more NES titles ...

Dig Dug 2
Super Dodgeball
Cybernoid
Stinger
Circus Caper

Puts me at 324 NES carts that I counted a few days ago.

Do you have the NES R.O.B. with Gyromite and Stack-Up?

Yes I finished every Mario bros game i had as a kid.. (only way my parents will buy me the next mario game is if I beat the current Mario game I had)
Nice! I’ve done it for the NES games as well but never the SNES due to buying a Genesis. I’m lucky my parents didn’t care if I passed it or not. They just wanted the next game to be on sale, lol.

Will have 13 games.
3 of those are the versions of Tournament Fighters that came out for NES, Genesis and SNES.

Will cost $39.99.

No release date yet.

I guess I'll finally play Tournament Fighters when this drops later this year. Game was an auto-pass for me as a youngster.

To me, a TMNT fighting game dropping in '94 would be like Nas following up Illmatic with an R&B album :lol:

It's not a cannon Mario game. But it was lit playing Mario, Luigi, Toad and Peach.

Also, the SNES TMNT Tournament Fighter was great. For a SNES game in 1993, it was a quality fighter. It's only competition was Mortal Kombat, Clay Fighter, SF 2 Turbo and a few others. It's too bad they never made a sequel.

Konami used to be the GOAT.

Did you guys like Super Mario Bros. 2? (1988) I thought it was pretty good.
I liked it but it felt odd playing it since it was kinda different from the 1st Mario game. We don’t pinpoint what it was until many years later. Still a great game and I have fond memories of my adult neighbor wanting to swap cartridges for my Mario 3 :lol:

I liked it but it felt odd playing it since it was kinda different from the 1st Mario game. We don’t pinpoint what it was until many years later. Still a great game and I have fond memories of my adult neighbor wanting to swap cartridges for my Mario 3 :lol:
I agree. It was definitely a difference after the first one. Even though my love was first and third one, part two had it’s fair share of charms.

Back
Top Bottom