The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Never played this game. But Capgods delivered more often than not during the 16-but era.

It’s so sad that they’re the only big player that really survived from that era (besides Nintendo).
All truth. It’s the one company that you could rely on to make a great game and not regret renting it.
I used to be so let down back in the day since all you had to rely on were the pictures on the back of the game. No reviews anywhere, no YouTube.

All truth. It’s the one company that you could rely on to make a great game and not regret renting it.
I used to be so let down back in the day since all you had to rely on were the pictures on the back of the game. No reviews anywhere, no YouTube.
Konami was also a sure bet during that time. Rocket Knight, Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood, Tiny Toons, TMNT IV, TMNT TF SNES, Contra III, Goemen (whatever the Japanese name is), Gradius III, etc. It’s sad what happened to them…became too blockbuster driven.

EA had NHL, NBA, NFL and NCAA covered. Plus had a few high other titles.

Everything is so block buster, many companies have merged or sold off their IPs.

Die Hard Game Fan was great for its pictures and import coverage. Reviews were dubious due to the owners ties to a major US import store.

I remember an old gamer pal of mine that had a written walkthru of a game that he gave me before I went overseas. fun times when we wrote down things that we don't have back then and the internet didn't provide any information. very limited resources for gaming guides.

Picked this up today for $2 at Goodwill. Hope it’s a decent one.
7EEFC9E6-C4F8-4138-8406-4C97D3E6028A.jpeg

anyway, if Ninja Gaiden was your bane as a kid. mine was.....
was able to beat DD 1 and DD 2 when I was already in h.s. with no porblem. not sure if I was able to finish 3 but I don't think so since I believe I only played it at someone else's house. maybe I was too young to even play it or employ strategy or the game was just that difficult. I believe I was at 2nd grade when I played it.

Back
Top Bottom